The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Are Male Spankiees Less of a Man?

Page  Page 5 of 13: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ... 11 12 13 »»
SNM
Male Author

USA
#41 | Posted: 24 Aug 2020 21:03
Brosse6:
This is true, but when you say the other person's opinion is "dumb" you have effectively lost the argument.

Saying that something is dumb without explaining why it's dumb is a very weak argument, yes.

But that's not what we were talking about. You responded to critique of your opinions by saying free speech is in jeopardy. Whether or not a given argument is effective (and KD's posts went into pretty great detail on how and why he thought that yours were off base. He DID explain why he thought you were being dumb, and in a way that enables counterarguments if you feel like making any) has no bearing on whether or not it threatens free speech and diversity of thought.

I think that people crying persecution whenever they encounter any sort of criticism is itself a major problem with modern discourse.

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#42 | Posted: 24 Aug 2020 21:48
SNM:
He DID explain why he thought you were being dumb,

Is someone dumb just because they hold a different view? I have heard many debates over the years where it is clear that neither side is dumb, but rather they just view things differently and hold opposing opinions.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#43 | Posted: 24 Aug 2020 22:05
Brosse6:
Is someone dumb just because they hold a different view? I have heard many debates over the years where it is clear that neither side is dumb, but rather they just view things differently and hold opposing opinions.

If someone's view is that people disagreeing with them on the internet is an assault on their freedom of speech, then they are dumb for holding that view.

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#44 | Posted: 25 Aug 2020 01:19
"How dare anyone disagree with me!"

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#45 | Posted: 25 Aug 2020 03:46
Brosse6:

Is everyone smart? Objectively speaking.

Holding a "different view" is not the issue nor criteria. But......can you SUPPORT your view? Ah, now there's the rub. So far? You have done yeoman's work in claiming victimhood, but little with regard to supporting your rather prejudicial assertions.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#46 | Posted: 25 Aug 2020 03:55
galt54:
"How dare anyone disagree with me!"

Galt, I get your desire to lighten things up, and I appreciate the obvious levity in your post. So don't get me wrong. But what if someone was to say that you were something of an ineffectual "less of a man" wimp to live your private life as you desired? If you disagreed with this person, would you not voice your objection? I have already conceded "unmanly".........and will argue that point until death.....but "less of man"? No, my friend, that I will not concede.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#47 | Posted: 25 Aug 2020 04:14
SNM:
Saying that something is dumb without explaining why it's dumb is a very weak argument, yes.

But that's not what we were talking about. You responded to critique of your opinions by saying free speech is in jeopardy. Whether or not a given argument is effective (and KD's posts went into pretty great detail on how and why he thought that yours were off base. He DID explain why he thought you were being dumb, and in a way that enables counterarguments if you feel like making any) has no bearing on whether or not it threatens free speech and diversity of thought.

I think that people crying persecution whenever they encounter any sort of criticism is itself a major problem with modern discourse.

Wow. I thank you for noticing and even intervening. (not that such a weak counter........um, I was going to say "argument" but that's not really as accurate as "whining" from Brosse might be). Ah, the "Trump Age".........as a person in their 60's I've never seen seen anything like it, and hope I never shall for long......but the realist in me doubts it. Do you remember when way back when.....logical discourse won the day? I guess that might depend on how old you are! LOL

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#48 | Posted: 25 Aug 2020 06:46
The internet is full of opinions, and if an opinion offends you then it is YOUR fault and not that of the person posting it.

I see plenty of opinions I disagree with in the media and on the internet, but at the end of they day they are just opinions, unless of course you are like Stalin and fear opinions?

"Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas?"
― Joseph Stalin

SNM
Male Author

USA
#49 | Posted: 25 Aug 2020 07:01
Brosse6:
The internet is full of opinions, and if an opinion offends you then it is YOUR fault and not that of the person posting it.

I see plenty of opinions I disagree with in the media and on the internet, but at the end of they day they are just opinions, unless of course you are like Stalin and fear opinions?

"Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas?"
― Joseph Stalin

So telling people that you think they're wrong makes you like Stalin. Got it.

curioserto
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#50 | Posted: 25 Aug 2020 07:48
I've changed my mind, I am less of a man. It's a spankee's perogative

Page  Page 5 of 13: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ... 11 12 13 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 5
averam300, DjZolt, dougmorton, faygrim, Gogotherapit, patxi, rabbitrun, stevenr, xenmur
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9