The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Which spanking cliches drive you crazy

Page  Page 13 of 15: «« 1 2 3  ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »»
galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#121 | Posted: 19 Aug 2018 16:27
I don´t like demands for blind obedience at all. Breaking the will of anyone, adult or child, is outrageously evil.

Well, this is not necessarily a specifically kinky cliché thing, is it?

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#122 | Posted: 19 Aug 2018 21:06
lurkingcol:
The main thing that annoys me is blackmail. Often, either in the context of you'll lose your job if you don't submit to a spanking, or worse, the spankee's significant other will walk out the door unless the spankee submits.

Unfortunately, very common...

Well, that's probably because a truly nonconsensual adult spanking amounts to 'assault and battery' here in the U.S.A., and presumably also in many other countries.

So if there's going to be an adult consenting to be spanked, albeit grudgingly, who would much prefer not to be and is otherwise not subject to spankings, some sort of blackmail can be a useful plot device to achieve that outcome--of course, losing a spanking-based wager often works for that as well.

Occasionally I appreciate reading about an adult character getting his/her bare behind blistered, with him/her being someone who doesn't want it to happen (at any level) and receives no gratification (even subconsciously) from his/her corporal chastisement...

--C.K.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#123 | Posted: 20 Aug 2018 05:19
galt54:
I don´t like demands for blind obedience at all. Breaking the will of anyone, adult or child, is outrageously evil.

Well, this is not necessarily a specifically kinky cliché thing, is it?

Very good point, (if I am reading you correctly). the issue of "will breaking" is a FANTASTIC theme for powerful stories. (A great example is the old 1955 movie "The Prisoner" with Alec Guinness & Jack Hawkins or Kafka's "In the Penal Colony".)

I would think a skilled writer could make a wonderful statement about 'will versus pain' with a spanking element being featured..........though it wouldn't be prose to stroke oneself by. LOL And given the rarity of such a story rendered in complex thought and crafted execution, it certainly wouldn't be a "cliche". Unfortunately most are.

chandra
Female Member

India
#124 | Posted: 30 Apr 2019 09:25
The use of word BUTTOCKS in stories and poems,and if the author is a lady,drives me crazy........[/i]......[i]Chandra

chandra
Female Member

India
#125 | Posted: 30 Apr 2019 09:31
My favorite word for bottom has always been BUTTOCKS. I wonder why authors except a few do not use the word. Surely,it is not a cuwss word...........Chandra.

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#126 | Posted: 30 Apr 2019 10:29
There is a fine balance between the spanker enforcing the punishment on the victim and the victim dreading it, yet knowing deep down they deserve it.

Some of the best spanking scenarios achieve that dynamic.

Covert consensual maybe?

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#127 | Posted: 30 Apr 2019 10:34
chandra:
undefined

I don't find buttocks an erotic word, but culture and language play a huge part in eroticism. As a French friend of mine once said; he finds English erotica uninspiring, even though he is fluent in English because his trigger words are all French.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#128 | Posted: 1 May 2019 14:48
Having given it much thought, I don't think any spanking cliché bothers me. What I really like is when someone appears to be using a worn cliché, but then it turns out that there's a twist to it. All clichés can be very amusing, as long as they are used the right way. They only thing that bores me is straight forward stories with no excitement, twists or turns. For example, "she was dragging her feet behind her on her way home from school, knowing much too well that she'd get spanked the minute she set foot inside the door. Her father was waiting outside already, dragging her indoors, while scolding her. Seconds later, she was across his lap with her skirt up on her back, while his hand smacked painfully into her BUTTOCKS" (yeah, I had to get that in as well ).

Ps. I tend to refer to the behind so often that I must use all possible euphemisms I can find to not make the sentences too repetitive. I had no idea that "buttocks" could put people off. I thought it was equivalent to "bottom" and "rear" when it comes to the emotive meaning of the word. "Ass" as well as "butt" sound less appealing to me, a bit cruder, but if I've used all thes rest, butt it is.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#129 | Posted: 2 May 2019 06:01
Like CrimsonKid, I like to play with semi-consensual adult scenes in my writing, and it's hard to come up with reasonable ways to do that, without veering into criminal or abusive situations. Fine line, and sometimes a cliche or two is needed

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#130 | Posted: 2 May 2019 18:55
RosieRad:
Like CrimsonKid, I like to play with semi-consensual adult scenes in my writing, and it's hard to come up with reasonable ways to do that, without veering into criminal or abusive situations. Fine line, and sometimes a cliche or two is needed

What works best, I'd venture, is basic reality.

When one adult administers a truly punitive butt-blistering to another one, what's the basis of that spanking discipline, if the person undergoing it genuinely doesn't desire to receive it and is obtaining no gratification (at least consciously) from his/her sound chastisement?

I'm figuring that, in the majority of such situations, the spankee has put his/her trust in the spanker's supposedly superior judgment and maturity, thus he/she has agreed to accept serious corporal correction from his/her disciplinarian, even on occasions in which he/she believes that it isn't deserved or required. This generally occurs within D/s and DD relationships (which may also include playful and/or erotic spankings), and to me is the most realistic portrayal of an adult consensually enduring corporal punishment which he/she really doesn't wish to undergo.

Sometimes such an arrangement might be codified by a written 'discipline contract,' which would be considered to be binding morally although of course not legally (some of my stories refer to such contracts), yet most often these understandings are apparently just a matter of verbal agreement.

However, occasionally it's fun to put a normally non-consenting adult into a situation in which he/she is forced to cooperate in receiving a good red-assed shellacking as the 'lesser of two evils,' which is presumably why punitive spanking blackmail shows up in quite a number of Library stories...

--C.K.

Page  Page 13 of 15: «« 1 2 3  ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 8
abelard, ataru, baaadaboy, jakei57, ntytina
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9