Which spanking cliches drive you crazy

Page  Page 11 of 15: «« 1 2 3  ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »»
galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#101 | Posted: 8 Aug 2018 18:27
CrimsonKidCK

One cliché I don´t like is the bit about females being given corporal punishment for the "sin" of pleasuring themselves.

I strenuously object to the idea that pleasure/happiness is a sin! I suppose that this idea, that touching oneself is a sin, derives from the influence of religion.

Sugarcane
Male Member

Bangladesh
#102 | Posted: 9 Aug 2018 16:13
I lose it when someone gets spanked. I mean, why inflict pain on someone? I know these are FICTIONS but can't we all get by just hugging and cuddling?

thepreacherswife
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#103 | Posted: 9 Aug 2018 17:34
Sugarcane:
I lose it when someone gets spanked. I mean, why inflict pain on someone? I know these are FICTIONS but can't we all get by just hugging and cuddling?

Let's not get carried away, now.

yankee
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#104 | Posted: 10 Aug 2018 01:20
Agree galt. My generation was even told we would go blind after self pleasure. Utter nonsense.

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#105 | Posted: 10 Aug 2018 03:08
yankee

Well, actually - the idea that I as a husband might have a right to chastise my wife for touching herself has a certain appeal, in the world of fantasy. Given human nature, there would be so many, many instances of an excuse to give the missus a spanking/chastisement!

yankee
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#106 | Posted: 11 Aug 2018 02:07
When push comes to shove, who needs an excuse in the world of fantasy.

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#107 | Posted: 11 Aug 2018 12:11
yankee:
My generation was even told we would go blind after self pleasure.

We had that story too - or that we'd grow hair on the palms of our hands....

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#108 | Posted: 11 Aug 2018 17:31
galt54:
One cliché I don´t like is the bit about females being given corporal punishment for the "sin" of pleasuring themselves.

I strenuously object to the idea that pleasure/happiness is a sin! I suppose that this idea, that touching oneself is a sin, derives from the influence of religion.

Well, one of the beliefs of fundamentalist Christianity, at least here in the U.S.A., appears to be that sexuality itself is sinful--except within the bounds of heterosexual marriage, yet even then it's purportedly to be purely for the purpose of procreation and not supposed to be enjoyed (by the woman anyway).

In a 'dark' spanking story about injustice and/or mistreatment, a character being punished for erotically pleasuring him/herself could work for me, also perhaps in an account featuring a D/s relationship within which one partner has consensual authority over the sexual release of the other.

This issue ties into an earlier Forum discussion on unfair spankings, and the difference between involuntarily imposed unfairness and that which is consensually accepted (possibly even enjoyed at some level) by the disciplined person.

There's a classic silly joke about the 'dangers' of masturbation:

MOTHER: "Don't engage in self-abuse, it will eventually make you go blind."
SON: "Then I'll only do it until I need glasses."

--C.K.

Vinsanity
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#109 | Posted: 11 Aug 2018 19:26
I personally am annoyed when there's too much set up for a story. Don't get me wrong, I like having some set up for the scenario, makes it more rewarding and sets the tone. But when I have to read through an outrageously long wall of text I found myself quickly losing interest.

Though this doesn't bother me quite as much when it comes to serials, especially in the first parts where the setup is most important. Of course like everyone else this is just personal taste, so don't take it the wrong way!

DLandhill
Male Author

USA
#110 | Posted: 11 Aug 2018 23:50
CrimsonKidCK:
Well, one of the beliefs of fundamentalist Christianity, at least here in the U.S.A., appears to be that sexuality itself is sinful--except within the bounds of heterosexual marriage, yet even then it's purportedly to be purely for the purpose of procreation and not supposed to be enjoyed (by the woman anyway).

That has been a part of Christian belief at least since St Paul, who argued that chastity was the best route to a good life, and marriage the 2nd best. ("It is better to marry than to burn.") And the specific belief in the sinfulness of masturbation was very widespread until relatively recently. A spanking for "self-abuse" would not bother me in a historical setting, or some other setting where it would be a plausible part of the over all mores. Or as part of the agreed-on framework of a D/S relationship, where control of orgasm is part of what the sub gives to the Dom. In an otherwise mainstream and current setting, it just doesn't work for me.

Page  Page 11 of 15: «« 1 2 3  ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 6
Biokinton, Chuck36, DjZolt, Geoffrey, hundjager, morgothrond
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9