COMMENTING

Page  Page 7 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#61 | Posted: 22 May 2011 12:34
blimp:
I do hope you are not going to let him get away with that!!!

What? Calling her intelligent? Are YOU insinuating that she's NOT?

saetana - are you going to let HIM get away with THAT? (and him with his enormous bum in your head, no less)

blimp
Male Author

England
#62 | Posted: 22 May 2011 14:20
njrick:
What? Calling her intelligent? Are YOU insinuating that she's NOT?

I would never say a woman was intelligent JUST because she agreed with me, NJ! I am too much of a gentleman!

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#63 | Posted: 22 May 2011 15:06
blimp:
njrick: What? Calling her intelligent? Are YOU insinuating that she's NOT?

I would never say a woman was intelligent JUST because she agreed with me, NJ! I am too much of a gentleman!

Well, Arthur, IMHO it does kind of read that way...But since you're an English gentleman of the 'Old School' (wherein boys were caned severely by female instructors for being disrespectful to them), I'm pretty certain that everyone here will take your word RE what you actually meant.

If you can't trust an English gentleman, whom can you trust?

"We're not trying to draw you Americans into our conflict, absolutely not, we just want you to provide us with some guns and we'll do the fighting." --Winston Churchill, March 1941

--C.K.

sixofthebest
Male Member

USA
#64 | Posted: 22 May 2011 15:39
After I have read a spanking story, that I like in this library, I try to make comment on it, that would be appropriate. If on the other hand, it's not to my liking, I pass. This I believe is the fairest option.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#65 | Posted: 22 May 2011 19:27
blimp:
I would have thought disagreeing with NJ was the intelligent thing to do whenever possible!

That's a hint that you're not so intelligent at saetana.

sixofthebest
A good set of criteria for sure.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#66 | Posted: 23 May 2011 05:03
tiptopper:
barretthunter: Well, although neither Churchill nor Roosevelt were being entirely honest, being practical politicians with quite a lot at stake, it was Japan's attack on Pearl Harbour and not the sinking of the Reuben James that brought the US into the war.
Well we are certainly getting off the topic of spanking here but I can't refrain from commenting. Although Roosevelt sympathized with England and would have liked to get the US involved there was considerable opposition to that in the US at that time. The US did not declare war on Germany. After the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor Hitler, honoring his pact with Japan, declared war on the US.

If Hitler had not been so stupid as to do that it is quite possible that the US would have devoted all its resources to fighting a war in the Pacific and stayed out of Europe.

The prevailing attitude of the US public at the time would probably have been, "The Europeans have their war to fight and we have our war to fight."

Yes, that would've been quite possible. However, had Japan not attacked the United States, FDR would almost certainly have maneuvered the United States into the European war sometime during 1942. (The U.S. Navy was already effectively at war with the Kreigsmarine, which included the sinking of the REUBEN JAMES.)

Also, a couple days after the Pearl Harbor attack, FDR was purportedly working on an address to Congress asking for a declaration of war against Germany and Italy. (Whether Congress would've gone along with it is another matter, of course, but Hitler and Mussolini made the issue moot by declaring war upon the United States.)

There is conjecture that FDR deliberately left the U.S. Pacific Fleet (minus its aircraft carriers) at Pearl Harbor in a low state of alertness in order to entice the Japanese to attack it there, calculating that such an attack would be the quickest way to draw the United States into the conflict.

However, I would agree that Germany primarily lost its chance to win the European war in the fighting outside Moscow, immediately before the Pearl Harbor attack. American involvement in the European theater, along with Britain in the "Grand Alliance,' meant the difference between Soviet domination of only eastern Europe, as opposed to all of Europe, after the war's end... --C.K.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#67 | Posted: 23 May 2011 05:11
Hmmm...i want to encourage commenting on our stories...we are now talking about the war and how things worked out...well the positive thing here is we are getting comments on the forum, maybe some of our shy readers might get comfortable by commenting on another subject besides a spanking story...so we are encouraging commenting in a weird sort of way...good for us, seems to me we are still on subject then.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#68 | Posted: 23 May 2011 05:53
canadianspankee:
Hmmm...i want to encourage commenting on our stories...we are now talking about the war and how things worked out...well the positive thing here is we are getting comments on the forum, maybe some of our shy readers might get comfortable by commenting on another subject besides a spanking story...so we are encouraging commenting in a weird sort of way...good for us, seems to me we are still on subject then.

Well, I don't think that the occasional OT ("off-topic") discussion should necessarily be an issue, whether it's about alcohol consumption, sports, televsion shows or World War II, among other topics. After all, even spankophiles can't be expected to discuss only spanking amongst themselves indefinitely.

However, since you've set up this 'self-plugging' opportunity for me, I'll mention that eight of my Library stories ("Big for His Breeches," "Clash of the Superwomen," "Confessional," "Expiation," "Following Orders," "Homefront Malaise," "Scenario" and "Shelter Scene" ) are directly related to World War II in one way or another--so there is (or at least can be) a connection between 'The Good War' and spanking activity... --C.K.

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#69 | Posted: 23 May 2011 08:25
blimp:
Just as well they did though! Think of it! No Lee Marvin in The Dirty Dozen. No Steve McQueen in The Great Escape! No Clint Eastwood in Where Eagles Dare! No Ryan O Neil in A Bridge too Far! Sorry, I wasn't serious about that last one! And not least, think of all those great second world war films with John Wayne in the starring role! The sands of Iwo Jima, Leathernecks, The Longest Day!! Yes, we film afficionados would have certainly missed some fine films if they hadn't stepped in after Pearl Harbour.

As a "film aficionado" you should be aware that the English did also make one or two films about World War Two. Although Hollywood would have us believe otherwise, the Americans were not the only ones involved that that conflict.

blimp
Male Author

England
#70 | Posted: 23 May 2011 10:34
SNM:
See also: invading the USSR.

I know it is a complex subject but that is the key phrase I believe if you are discussing just why Hitler lost! You just ask any Russian!!!

Yes, Hotspur our own film industry was busy with such brilliant films as Ice Cold in Alex, Bridge on the River Kwai, Mrs Miniver and In which we serve. And dare I also mention The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp! In fact given a choice I prefer the English films to the American ones but my favourite second world war film is French, Jean Pierre Melville's Army in the Shadows. Lino Ventura is just superb!!

Page  Page 7 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 2
Balor, brushonthebare, dund93, emaildaniel4, kanestrokes, MarkyMarks, razzy234, SmokingJoe
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9