LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / LSF News /

COMMENTING

Page  Page 4 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»
billboard
Male Author

USA
#31 | Posted: 3 May 2011 02:54
I think Sebastian makes an excellent point about improvement. I'm an old dog, but I love trying to learn new tricks. Too many potential writers with great ideas and scenes in their heads never share them because they fear their maiden effort might get skewered.

For my part, I love watching people get better between their first and third story or between their fifth and their tenth. Perfection is too much ask. Improvement and growth is what we should really hope for. Nobody ever learned to swim without getting wet.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#32 | Posted: 3 May 2011 03:03
billboard:
I love watching people get better between their first and third story or between their fifth and their tenth.

How about between their 100th and their 103rd?

And no one's going to get lucky enough to avoid being assaulted by my next allegedly 'great idea,' whether I get skewered or not, so put any thought of that outta your head.

billboard
Male Author

USA
#33 | Posted: 3 May 2011 06:06
Even between their 200th and 206th! 300th and 309th?

Some of us reek with confidence, Mr. Marlowe, and that's a good thing in my book. According to the auto-counter the slings and skewers of outrageous fortune have been risked 2,175,650 times here so far.

We can't wait to read your next Great Idea.

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#34 | Posted: 3 May 2011 06:25
Sarah89:
I'm not sure whether you've posted stories on here or not (your forum name says you're a member, but so does mine even though I have stories in the library), but if you don't have experience with writing and posting your fiction, you might not realize how much comments can mean to an author. It's definitely more than just a nice ego trip. I agree that people can be insecure, which is why comments are important. Many authors are nervous the first time they post, and comments go a long way in helping and encouraging them. I know it did for me when I posted my first stories.

I write prose and politics in my local pond and actually get published around Pugettropolis. Imagine that. So I fully appreciate wanting your readers to give you some feedback. I have some spanko fiction in the works but it is not a high priority for me and I'm very comfortable in my own skin. I started to realize that 'comments' are the currency of the realm here once I started to read here regularly and made a point to make them often and in detail when possible. I had no intention of ending up in the stats here but did anyway. I love the camaraderie of the site amongst all the pervy people. The level of quality writing here is something to marvel at; not just wanking material for lonely folks. Though sometimes...................! Grin!

I am simply saying that persuasion and setting a good example are the BEST WAY to accomplish what we all want. More comments from readers. The site is heads & tails ahead from where is was just a year ago in this regard and only getting better. Don't change a thing!

Rick. I am indeed irregular in that I am a proud member of the same club as you my friend. One hundred and ten percent Pervert.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#35 | Posted: 3 May 2011 07:44
I got a pop-up from a regular author on the site saying he got lots of hits but no comments. This author is not asking for anyone to "fawn" over them, or tell him/her they are great writers, they are seeking feedback for a lot of hard work put into writing a story they hope others appreciate. No author on this site that I know of thinks comments make them any better then anyone else, or wants anyone on this site to think they are wonderful people.

Comments are to encourage and help all authors to continue writing the stories we all love to read being the perverts we may be, that's all folks, just for encouragement and helping. When I joined this site I had and still have ever intention of keeping my actual name hidden, I switched nick names due to fear of someone recognizing my nickname however I discovered I can comment, submit stories and even talk on the forum, and no one on this site has ever tried to find out who I am, where I live, what I do for a living etc, so my fear of getting involved goes away further and further every day.

I know some readers are scared, that's OK, but I wonder if the majority of non commentors are really scared or is it another reason? The people who have commented on this subject are for the most part regulars on the forum, I would love to see some from readers who have never commented, please tell us the reason, we will respect your reasons and opinions, anyone who doesn't will be spanked.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#36 | Posted: 3 May 2011 08:32
I find it interesting as to which one of my stories gets commented on a which don't. I can never work out why, but I do appreciate all of them, regardless of which story it is that draws the comment. I don't get many, so that may be why I like the ones I do get.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#37 | Posted: 3 May 2011 12:48
billboard:
Some of us reek

You noticed it too?

billboard:
According to the auto-counter the slings and skewers of outrageous fortune have been risked 2,175,650 times here so far.

I'd say the slings and skewers have been risked 14,676 times, with 2,175650 potential slings and skewers being out there... but that's just my interpretation.

quote=Seegee]I find it interesting as to which one of my stories gets commented on a which don't. I can never work out why, [/quote]

Neither have I, nor has anyone else I've discussed it with. Nor why some stories get get more than others. It's fun to speculate(for me, anyway), but it's not going to change how I write.

I like the fact that there are commenters here - I love the interaction. But as much as I may wonder about why they don't, I don't need every reader to comment. Whatever their reasons ar - they're their reasons!

Guy
Male Author

USA
#38 | Posted: 3 May 2011 16:15
billboard:
Perfection is too much ask.

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Guy

Drummer09
Female Member

England
#39 | Posted: 3 May 2011 17:19
i'm haven't been on here long and have not been very forthcoming with comments, not for lack of respect for the effort of the authors but because i am nervous about what to say, i dont want to add lots of 'good story' comments as it feels a little redundant but neither do i want to go into detail about what it was i liked about a particular story because i find that a difficult to express even in an anonymous environment like this.
Will try harder in future

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#40 | Posted: 3 May 2011 19:36
Drummer09:
i'm haven't been on here long and have not been very forthcoming with comments, not for lack of respect for the effort of the authors but because i am nervous

Thanks Drummer09, you are exactly the reader we hope to hear from. When we all started commenting we were extremely nervous just like you feel I am sure, just set a goal of say 1 or 2 comments per week and before you know it the nervous twitch you feel will be gone. Thanks again and have fun

Page  Page 4 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»

Online now: Members - 1 : Guests - 6
Heaton
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9