What Makes a Favourite?

Page  Page 6 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»
rollin
Male Member

USA
#51 | Posted: 22 Mar 2011 22:24
mati:
there should be a cane

If a story of mine is not going to make the cut because of "no cane involved", c'est la vie. I write from an American perspective, and here in the colonies we don't have them. Now, we do have the venerable switch, which I use a lot, but canes? No. It was just never part of the American experience because by the time the cane was adopted in the mid to late 1800's, Americans were educating their young with paddles, hickory sticks and what have you, but we did not have a steady supply of rattan, so, no canes. Of course now they have made their way into contemporary settings because of globalization and all, but I still tend to stick with the good ol' made-in-the-USA paddle, razor strop, or hairbrush. And a "plimsol"? You mean a tennis shoe, right? What's up with that?

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#52 | Posted: 23 Mar 2011 00:07
rollin:
And a "plimsol"? You mean a tennis shoe, right?

Which would be a 'sneaker' in many parts of the US,

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#53 | Posted: 23 Mar 2011 02:22
rollin:
mati: there should be a cane
If a story of mine is not going to make the cut because of "no cane involved", c'est la vie. I write from an American perspective, and here in the colonies we don't have them. Now, we do have the venerable switch, which I use a lot, but canes? No. It was just never part of the American experience because by the time the cane was adopted in the mid to late 1800's, Americans were educating their young with paddles, hickory sticks and what have you, but we did not have a steady supply of rattan, so, no canes. Of course now they have made their way into contemporary settings because of globalization and all, but I still tend to stick with the good ol' made-in-the-USA paddle, razor strop, or hairbrush. And a "plimsol"? You mean a tennis shoe, right? What's up with that?

Actually, if you're going to portray Americans spanking their victims with footwear, a leather sandal or even a rubber flip-flop makes more sense to me than a tennis shoe (sneaker); back when I was a kid waiting for the inevitable Soviet nuclear missile attack it was heard of for children's derrieres (clothed or bare) to be smacked with sandals or flip-flops, but generally not sneakers (as they were called back then).

IMHO it's plausible to write of recent or current Americans who are seriously 'into' erotic CP, domestic discipline, D/s, etc. as possessing canes (rattan, nylon, even acrylic), but probably not an ordinary American who spanks his/her children for discipline and/or engages in light, casual spanking with other adults on occasion--unless there were some unusual British influence involved.

It's much more believable for a middle-aged American character to end up experimenting with CP in his domestic situation after coming across an old paddle in the attic, basement or closet as opposed to somehow stumbling across a cane.

[A number of my American story characters do in fact possess and wield (punitively and/or playfully) canes of various types (although not in the gender roles that mati prefers), but they are shown as being 'into' regular and extensive DD.]

However, hard, flat wood makes such a solid, satisfying smacking-cracking-whacking sound, not to mention such a solid, satisfying, cheek-flattening impact... --C.K.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#54 | Posted: 23 Mar 2011 02:25
Saetana: Those aren't requirements, really. Many (probably most) of my favorite spanking stories do not have all of the above. That was a list of things that can contribute to a story being my favorite. As in, those are all the things that can catch my interest, independently or collectively.

Also, it bears mentioning that what I call "playfulness" might well be cruelty from a saner person's perspective.

barretthunter: That's...one implement that never would have occurred to me, but definitely an amusing visual.

The cane controversy: I'm American, so not my thing (hairbrushes seem to be the main fetish object for me). That said, it doesn't necessarily turn me off.

mati
Female Member

Germany
#55 | Posted: 23 Mar 2011 09:24
barretthunter:
On the other hand, would using a frying-pan on a female bottom feel like giving a hairbrush as a wedding gift?

Yes. Unless it's a golden hairbrush.
But using a frying-pan seems to be the ultimative test of submission I guess. If your girl-friend accept it, maybe you should top that by borrowing a llama from flopsy (A business investment).

rollin:
If a story of mine is not going to make the cut because of "no cane involved", c'est la vie.

If a story is as well written as "Sunvalley Serenade" the used implement is no longer important for me - as long as it is no frying-pan.

saetana
Female Member

England
#56 | Posted: 23 Mar 2011 09:55
Cane or hairbrush, hmm, whilst I don't totally agree with the frying pan remark (we have a relatively nice hairbrush - curiously enough its actually called a paddle brush but its a real hairbrush bought in a drugstore - that is larger than normal, not sure its actually lighter or if it just feels lighter because its bigger) I'd rather have the cane any day, preferably one that is thick and more rigid (less stingy), hairbrushes aren't meant to be used lightly and proper (ie heavy) ones are close to the top of my list of pet hates (along with wooden spatulas, wooden spoons and nasty thin whippy canes), they can also leave vicious bruises which doesn't look very pretty.

I can see a use for one of those small omelette pans as a "toy" though, LOL, they are about the right size and not too heavy, on the kitchen theme still a (not too large) chopping or bread board can be fun, pretty heavy though and best used through clothes, although the size of them does seem to reduce the chance of bruising in any event.

I know what I haven't come across much on the site so far (admittedly there are lots of stories to go), flogging in a modern sense (leather or suede whip with lots of soft tails), although we are getting rather more into S & M play there rather than spanking or CP, maybe that is why I don't recall seeing any stories featuring them (at least not that I remember)

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#57 | Posted: 23 Mar 2011 11:03
saetana:
I know what I haven't come across much on the site so far (admittedly there are lots of stories to go), flogging in a modern sense (leather or suede whip with lots of soft tails), although we are getting rather more into S & M play there rather than spanking or CP, maybe that is why I don't recall seeing any stories featuring them (at least not that I remember)

Just click on 'search' and then check off 'flogger.' It appears there are 51 stories here using a flogger, many by flopsy and (of course) Flogmaster.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#58 | Posted: 23 Mar 2011 13:33
saetana:

Spanking is S&M play; just a specific type of it. I think anything that involves the buttocks being struck repeatedly falls under our domain, whether that be with a common domestic hairbrush or some classy leather whip with an inpronouncable French name.

Ironically though, a lot of us see common household objects as "kinkier" than purpose-made S&M toys. It just feels extra naughty, somehow.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#59 | Posted: 23 Mar 2011 13:35
SNM:
ronically though, a lot of us see common household objects as "kinkier" than purpose-made S&M toys. It just feels extra naughty, somehow.

One of my favorites is a rubber spatula, one with a little heft to it.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#60 | Posted: 23 Mar 2011 13:59
njrick:
One of my favorites is a rubber spatula, one with a little heft to it.

That's one of my favorites too. Never been spanked with it (or anything else for that matter ), but I used it on an ex-girlfriend to great effect. One of these days I'm going to need to write about a long kitchen scene, involving spatula, spoon, and cutting board. And maybe a frying pan.

Page  Page 6 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 2
Alef, carto75, DjZolt, GivanTake, oxford, pwhapman, ragtamas, widehide51
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9