What Makes a Favourite?

Page  Page 5 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»
twisted8
Male Member

USA
#41 | Posted: 18 Mar 2011 19:12
PinkAngel:
whisky and Pernod are the only way go to

Mixed together !?!? Yeach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#42 | Posted: 18 Mar 2011 19:21
twisted8
Ooo good point!! One or the other is probably safest

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#43 | Posted: 19 Mar 2011 03:44
I had a mate who's drink of choice was Pernod and Coke. Definitely an acquired taste.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#44 | Posted: 19 Mar 2011 05:03
Everyone has different tastes, but there are a few "hot spots" in the spanking genre that seem to appeal to a greater number of people.

saetana
Female Member

England
#45 | Posted: 19 Mar 2011 06:44
I add a story to my favourites if I want to read it again, its that simple, also sometimes I add a story that I am partway through for easy access next time I visit but those are removed afterwards unless they become "true" favourites. There are plenty of stories and serials on here that I have enjoyed but only around a dozen (so far, I still have lots left to read) that I actually want to keep going back to over and over again. Obviously its a matter of personal taste, I like well-written stories but the writing styles and story themes of my favourites can vary dramatically, they do all tend to be mainly M/f though and some of them I like because they are good stories (such as Kira) and not just for the spanking content, others I like for particular scenes in them. I particularly enjoy historical and fantasy spanking fiction as these themes allow for harsher "punishments" (although I dislike anything I consider abusive rather than erotic, and by that I mean erotic to me not the fictional recipient) without sounding too far-fetched. There is a tendency amongst some spanking authors to either overstate the results of "punishment" or to understate it, I dislike both, for me accuracy and authenticity are preferable.

I do like to leave comments on stories I have particularly liked, whether I add them to my favourites or not, I would say that is maybe a better indication of how many people really like a story (bearing in mind that not everyone bothers to leave comments) than how many have it marked as a favourite

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#46 | Posted: 19 Mar 2011 09:06
PinkAngel:
Ooo good point!! One or the other is probably safest

Beloved Pink. My faith in you is restored. You drink the whisky & I'll drink the Stoly and we'll both be in SpankLand before them!

SNM
Male Author

USA
#47 | Posted: 21 Mar 2011 05:36
Upon thinking some more on this subject, here's a quick list of things that can contribute to a spanking story being one of my favorites.

1. Believable dialogue between sympathetic, multidimensional characters.

2. Sensual descriptions of the spanking and the characters participating in it.

3. Playfulness and mischief on the part of the spanker.

4. Mixed feelings and reservations on the part of the spankee.

5. Self-discovery or some other personal change on the part of the protagonist.

6. Solid prose, with good vocabulary and clever turns of phrase.

7. Humor. These are stories about adults getting spankings from other adults in unlikely scenarios; they should never take themselves too seriously.

8. Some creative detail that sticks in my memory. For instance, there are a million stories about young men getting spanked by older female neighbors after spying on them, but otkgirl's "Peeping John" had the inventive and humorous complication of him getting stuck in a window, which differentiates it from others like it.

9. Middle aged women spanking teens or twenty-somethings of either sex, or young men spanking women around their own age. I don't know why those are my favorite pairings, but they are.

10. Well-written - and steamy - sexual content.

saetana
Female Member

England
#48 | Posted: 22 Mar 2011 11:16
@SNM - you don't want much do you? LOL, that was a long list of requirements, I agree with you on points 1, 2, 6, 8 and 10. 3 and 7 I like sometimes but not always, I'm into variety so humour and playfulness are good but so are cruelty (this is sadomasochism in essence that we are talking about, a little cruelty adds a nice touch I think) and severity, I like both kinds of story myself. 5 only works with certain stories and 9 is only of interest to me a little

mati
Female Member

Germany
#49 | Posted: 22 Mar 2011 19:34
My list of requirements to become a fav is quite short and quite simple I'm afraid. There are just two things which are needed to assure that I read the story: The spankee must be female and there should be a cane. The spanker should be preferably male, but not necessarily.
(In contrast a hairbrush or a plimsole turns me down. For me using a hairbrush on a female bottom feels like giving a frying-pan as a weddingday-gift).

And if the story than has some other attributes mentioned above by SNM it surely becomes one of my top favorites. For example Kephrens "Kiss of a cane" (I can't imagine the same erotic tension with "Kiss of a Plimsole"), TEMS Cropton Hall (but Molly is just the icing on the cake) and part 42 of Flogmasters "Erins Adventures", where Erin goes shopping with her boyfriend before her first real punishment. They go to a very exquisite shop in the style of a good jewellers shop and select a cane (after testing a lot of course). The cane is made out of ivory - that shows his approval towards Erin and is really sexy!

Thats of course a great disadvantage for the American authors. But as there are a lot really good authors amongst them, I collected more than 2 dozen favourite authors so far, even if they don't write my favourite stories.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#50 | Posted: 22 Mar 2011 20:37
mati:
For me using a hairbrush on a female bottom feels like giving a frying-pan as a weddingday-gift).

On the other hand, would using a frying-pan on a female bottom feel like giving a hairbrush as a wedding gift?

In my opinion, both the flat and smacky and the thin and slicey have their place (the female bottom). The sound effects of the former, and the flattening/rebounding effect, are not for me at frying-pan level - which is not to dethrone the marvellous cane.

Page  Page 5 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 12
Backbeat, Bobjonesie, canth256, dund93, feelgoodinc, jranders
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9