Njrick's "Six of the Best" Challenge

Page  Page 8 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#71 | Posted: 13 Nov 2020 00:06
Lonewulf
Feel free to re-cite away (just not knowingly).

danjackson84
Male Member

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#72 | Posted: 15 Nov 2020 18:55
I really like this idea njrick. I had initially thought about responding some time ago, though never got around to it, so I'm glad this thread has had a bump in recent weeks.

Here are my six:

Cared Enough by Goodgulf (F/f; FF/f, 4,259 words)

It was difficult to choose just one of Goodgulf's stories, as he's long been a favourite author of mine. Whilst 'Report Cards' and the 'Jennifer to Jenny' series were close seconds, at the end of the day it was hard to go past 'Cared Enough'. This is a very sweet story that follows a common Goodgulf theme: a young girl almost deliberately seeks out a spanking so desperately desired, which is then lovingly given. I loved the ending as well, one of my all time favourite scenes.

The Spank Shop 04: Tiffany by Seegee (F/F, 6,210 words)

As with Goodgulf, it is very hard to choose just one Seegee story. He has some fantastic standalone stories, including the 'Parents Next Door' and 'Partners in Crime', and the 'Phi Gamma Beta' series is exceptional, though ultimately I thought I had to choose one from his iconic 'Spank Shop' series. I really love Tiffany's episode, as she is one of the sweetest characters written and the story has pretty much all of the key ingredients that makes the Spank Shop series one of the best. The way in which the author introduces the characters here and sets out the back story is wonderful.

The Bannerman Saga by DJ Black (M/F; F/F; M/f; F/f, 42,973 words)

I stumbled across this series one rainy Sunday afternoon and devoured the whole thing in record time. What surprised me most was how hooked I was, despite the theme (historical Western) not being my usual thing. The author thinks up and beautifully describes a number of fantastic spanking scenes, whilst also developing the characters and their relationships. This is truly an epic, and well worth a read (rainy Sunday or otherwise).

I Saw Ms. Jones Today by otkgirl (F/f; F/F, 5,330 words)

I came very close to choosing the 'Vicky' series by otkgirl, though ended up selecting this short series which tells the story of a first crush, and a developing relationship. The author does a wonderful job of slowly describing the history of the two main characters, and brings the reader on a journey as they explore their mutual desires. The hesitant romance set out in the final instalment is just fantastic.

At The Mall by js_anon (F/F, 497 words)

I love it when an author is able to set a vivid scene, and tell an engaging story, in such a small amount of words. One of my favourite scenarios is when the spanking is public or semi-public, or when an implement is purchased for a specific reason. This story features the latter and there are plenty of public references. The twist at the end is also fantastic, and had me totally surprised.

Numbers by imreadonly2 (M/F, 477 words)

Another short but gripping story, what I enjoy most about this story is how it breaks from the traditional story telling techniques and really puts the reader into the mind of the main character. The author's use of language here is very impressive, particularly the accessible way in which they present the main character's expertise in mathematics. A very enjoyable read.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#73 | Posted: 27 Oct 2021 22:23
I'm reviving an old thread here, and for good reason. I've been asked to issue a brand new "Six of the Best Challenge," and thought it would be handy to have the original available on the front page for reference since it includes in the initial post the (very few) basic rules and suggestions on how to post..

Also, while I'm formulating a theme for "Round 7," I thought that members (whether they previously participated or not) might want to take a crack at submitting story lists for one or more of the earlier "Six of the Best" challenges, as follows:

1) Original -No Theme
2) Humor
3) Christmas (or other December holiday)
4) Sci-Fi or Fantasy
5) More Than Just Stories
6) Participating Authors Bonus

The rules and theme descriptions for the first 2 can be found in this thread, with responses likewise to be posted here.

The rules and theme descriptions for the other four can be found in separate "Six of the Best" threads that can be found in the first 5-6 pages of Forum "Storyboard" topics, with responses to be posted on those threads.

Let's hear about more of the favorite stories that you have read here at the LSF! As mentioned above, any member who has already posted a response to any of these 6 challenges is free to post another.

opb
Male Author

England
#74 | Posted: 28 Oct 2021 21:37
Here are a few more stories which I thought were worthy of a citation.

The Contest by John Benson

This short story starts with a delightfully poetic opening line “Reality yielded with scant grace allowing the Magi into the desolate plain of coarse black sand under a bloated red sun.”and we know we are up and running, urgent to know what will happen next.

The titular contest is one of magic, which should not come as a surprise to regular readers of John Benson, however this is a mere cipher for an underlying skirmish in the eternal battle of the sexes.

The rules for the contest are negotiated, but at the end, not all the participants know who has won and who has lost.

The White Ash Express by gail

This is a piece which shows that considerable heat can be generated in a very short time. There is a dreamy quality to the writing which mirrors the state of the protagonist as she finds the strokes of the White Ash Express rush her towards her destination.

One doesn't have to be completely explicit to transfer a series of ideas to a reader, nor does one need to be so to create an erotic charge, as is so ably demonstrated here.

Payment in full by imreadonly2

Anybody wanting an explanation of the expression 'hoist by your own petard' need look no further than this story. An unassuming title belies the treasure beneath as a woman engineers herself into a situation which delivers much, much more than she bargained for along with plenty of laughs for us as we enjoy her predicament safe in the knowledge that she cannot complain.

There are no great philosophical insights here, just a healthy dose of schadenfreude (actually it's a pretty good example of that as well) and a small comment on the predilections of beetles.

It's well worth a read if you like your heroines trussed and spanked and subjected to other indignities, in particular, being hoist by their own petards.

Top Shelf Perspective by Katie B

The author has taken the standard fare for some spanking writers, the fairly severe but naked parental paddling- and showed us it from a novel angle. The narrator is a voyeur but not one of the usual ones; the salacious one, the next-to-be-punished one or even the disinterested bystander.

Seeing a spanking from the point of view of a much loved but ultimately helpless friend allows a poignancy which is touching and usually missing from the more common treatments of this scene.

The title can be confusing initially, as the phrase “top shelf” has a specific meaning in the UK, but there is no withholding of information, so any misunderstanding is quickly dissipated.

Not a sexy or an arousing read, it doesn't even have much to say about Topic No. 1, but it is worth reading for the use of the unusual perspective.

My Friend, Some Popcorn and the Cat by Quillis

This is a delightful read, told in a conversational style about a serendipitous spanking.

The observations about the female posterior create an eroticism out of all proportion with the action itself, managing to shine through the deliberate self-awareness in the telling and the distractions provided by the titular feline, and appearing all the more exciting for it.

Popcorn will not be necessary to alleviate boredom when reading this one.

Cinderella by Malahide

If you like your story characters self knowing and quirky this one is for you. In fewer than 500 words the author packs in some good laughs and slapstick No, wait, it's not the stick that gets slapped, it's...

There's more than a whiff of Jeeves and Wooster here, except that the Prince is not so helpless as Wodehouse's hero. We can predict the way the conversation between Prince and valet is going to go; this is a spanking story after all, but the flagging of the laughs only serves to enhance their effect.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#75 | Posted: 31 Oct 2021 22:14
opb:
Here are a few more stories which I thought were worthy of a citation.

An excellent selection which brought previously unknown gems before my eye.

Ramus
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#76 | Posted: 8 Nov 2021 17:07
LawnDawg
I cannot find Christmas Party Favor of Alec Leamus

DianaMiller
Female Author

Netherlands
#77 | Posted: 20 Mar 2022 23:59
For the theme humour:

Da Vinci's Lost Masterpiece, by Cal 33 (M/F, 1,536). Clever and hilariously written story (though probably not historically accurate) about Leonardo da Vinci trying to get his famous work finished.
This deserves to have way more views.

A Cane's Life, by Kane Strokes (F/ff M/F, 708). Two very different spankings, described from the cane's point of view.
Every spanker should read this story to go a little easier on the bottom... I mean to spare the implement's feelings in future ;)

The Publisher and the Published, by Mark Hall (FF/F, 3,148). A group of story characters aren't pleased with the topic of the new book their author is working on, so they take revenge on the publisher.

Lynne Gets Naughty, by Rick Marlowe (M/F, 1,810). Hilarious interaction between a wife who really wants to get spanked and a husband who eventually gives her what she wants.

Nanny Knows Best, by KatiePie (F/M, 1,629). An arrogant politician gets what he deserves from his old nanny.
Very entertaining writing style.

Emily, the Witch Apprentice, by Gloup (X/F, 4,268). Hard to pick one of Gloup's, but we must pick only one (per post).
Emily tries to make chores easier with the help of magic, but of course things don't go as planned.

And I'll mention this one separately because it's a serial:
How to Improve Your Love Life, by Ruegirl (M/F, 13 parts). A wife tries to bring the spark back into her marriage by following advice from a book, only to have things go from bad to worse.
Not the kind of story to go for when you're in the mood for detailed spanking descriptions, but brilliant romantic comedy.

Page  Page 8 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 5
cdrpat, ebbetsjim, jenjen0211, lesni, Lizchurch, windar1
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9