The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Njrick's "Six of the Best" Challenge

Page  Page 3 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»
Spankedjenny
Female Validater

USA
#21 | Posted: 6 Nov 2018 06:27
@mj2001
"Personally I'd just put Jennifer Pearson down for a lifetime achievement award for being able to knock out poems week after week after week."

To quote the [quotation mis-attributed to the] late, great William Tecumseh Sherman, " If nominated I will not run...if elected I will not serve"

I feel like a bit of a pretender here in this lauded cadre of authors saying, "Hey, look at me. I'm an author too!" I view my poems as kind of a "Reader's Digest" condensed version of spanking stories. They tell a tale in 500 words or less. It's far easier for me to bang out a poem ( most take about five minutes to write) and I have an inventory at present of about 150 or so yet to inflict upon the library, than to craft a stand alone story or a serial, although I have done both of those and have more in the hopper.

I tip my hat to folks like you who not only seem to have a story in every update but often several. I don't know how you find the time to sleep!

I do find it somewhat odd at how low the readership tends to be for poems. I don't know if people just don't like poetry or if they think reading anything fewer than a thousand words is not worth the investment of their time.

I have been meaning to submit my own list of six on here but I'm the consummate procrastinator and, besides, njrick did say he wants this thread to remain current for as long as possible so SOMEBODY'S got to take one for the team and ring in during the late innings!

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#22 | Posted: 6 Nov 2018 06:55
njrick:
It is also interesting how rare stories by the most productive LSF authors are. The 30 authors who each have 200 or more items in the Library together are responsible for 43% of the LSF "holdings," yet account for but 7 of the nominations in this challenge - nothing by Dr. Grace, John Benson, flopsy, Flogmaster, or many other top authors. Do they just have too many good stories to choose among?

I have made the same observation myself, and strange as it may sound, I think the challenge is slightly biased against productive writers of high quality stories. It is hard to decide off the top of your head which one of their stories is your favorite, and once you start to investigate, you are overwhelmed my the sheer bulk of their work.

mj2001
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#23 | Posted: 6 Nov 2018 11:54
Spankedjenny:
I do find it somewhat odd at how low the readership tends to be for poems. I don't know if people just don't like poetry or if they think reading anything fewer than a thousand words is not worth the investment of their time.

I'll admit that in my early days on this site I didn't read the poems, but like you said they tell a story in < 500 words (and rhyme to boot). Since I knew I'd never be submitting another one, I went for quantity rather than quality so my magnum opus was nearly 1,500 words (and took more like five weeks than five minutes to cobble together).

I can still remember how mortifying it was in 10th grade English being forced to stand up in front of the entire class and read a poem we'd written [mine was something about fog but I've mercifully forgotten any of the actual stanzas]. Abject humiliation ensued for all of us; let's just say there weren't any potential future Poet Laureates in my class. So, other than the very first story I submitted, that poem was the contribution I had the most difficulty hitting the 'Submit' button for on this site.

Spankedjenny
Female Validater

USA
#24 | Posted: 6 Nov 2018 18:07
I remember driving Flopsy nuts with my first story submissions... multiple person dialogue all on the same lines.... upper case M and D for Mom and Dad where they should have been lower case and vice versa, etc...

opb
Male Author

England
#25 | Posted: 6 Nov 2018 21:39
Here are my recommendations, cunningly culled from my Story of The Day/Week submissions. Reducing them to six was very hard, and I deliberately didn't choose a John Benson one for fear of being called a Bensonite fanboy

Librarians of Gor by Neil 1.6k words

The spirit of the gawky teenaged boy's fantasies are summoned expertly, and. I remember so well what it was like.

There are plenty of laughs as the hapless protagonist gets himself into trouble and falls into the evil clutches of the eponymous Librarians. Whilst the rubber stamping lacks the erotic charge of that in the Czech classic film Closely Watched Trains it doesn't need it as the humour makes up for it.

Christmas with Judith by Alan Barr 3.4k words

Childhood is a time of innocence partly remembered, but the mists of memory are punctuated by iconic moments.
Alan Barr treats us to a dreamy series of annual vignettes which are so structured as to take us past the cusp where the innocence of childhood meets the partial knowing of puberty.
I found myself longing to have spent Christmas with Judith.

Kallypigmalion by Fulgur 1.3k words

This is a lovely tale of the struggle of desire to overcome the sternest of obstacles – that of not just our circumstances, not just how we think, but of the stuff of which we are made. This story of the almost-perfect newly converted spankee genuinely trapped in her adverse circumstances, and the pain which this causes is poignant, funny and with a unique plot as far as I know.

Slipping away by Ruegirl 432 words

This short piece has a lyricism probably unmatched in the LSF, with internal rhymes tripping over the rhythm formed by the pacing and with alliteration littering the phrases.

The anguish in the narrator's soul is in counterpoint to the smoothness of prose and we are left seeing a visceral need for this strange thing we do, and that stripped from its pretence and play there lies at the heart of a spanking pain, so often to be avoided, but here yearned for with a desperate passion as the solution which can hold the soul from the danger stated in the title.

Are You Very Strict with the Boys? by Blimp 2.2k words

This is a quite delightful story – From reading the title one knows approximately what will transpire, and it doesn't disappoint.

The effect of the interview between journalist and headmistress is like watching that between a cat and a mouse. The headmistress predicting the storyline with amused detachment, the journalist seeing it but not knowing if he has the guts to allow it to happen.

A not-unusual scenario for a spanking story but executed with great skill.

She touched me lightly, deeply by Nathan Rysher 512 words

In just over 500 words the author has managed to evoke the yearning of a teenaged boy for the unattainable with a delicacy which is a pleasure to read. Those of us who were there remember just what it was like, and hope perhaps never have to taste that bitter-sweetness again.
Here though, safe within the secret garden walls of fiction we can appreciate it second hand.

O.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#26 | Posted: 6 Nov 2018 23:15
njrick:
There really is a bent towards stand-alone stories in the nominations. Only 2 series have been mentioned (sling with zero poems, songs, letters, snippets and "other).

The stories, though, are a very diverse group, having orientations of M/F, M/F, F/M, F/M, F/F, F/F and f/f, written by over 50 different authors. There are sexy stories and disciplinary ones. So a little of something for everyone.

It is also interesting how rare stories by the most productive LSF authors are. The 30 authors who each have 200 or more items in the Library together are responsible for 43% of the LSF "holdings," yet account for but 7 of the nominations in this challenge - nothing by Dr. Grace, John Benson, flopsy, Flogmaster, or many other top authors. Do they just have too many goid stories to choose among?

If you think an author or style has been overlooked wouldn't it be better to correct that with your own 6 offerings rather than taint the challenge with a post like this? I mean they are all valid observations, but just like during Election day, shouldn't such leading remarks....especially from the creator of the challenge....... come after the polls close?

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#27 | Posted: 7 Nov 2018 00:01
@kdpierre
Ah, but if things go as planned, the "polls" here will never close - so when would I get to make my observations? And nowhere did I suggest a "correction" (with the only correct I want to see being the type with which we're accustomed here at the Library). And yes, I am the creator of thread, as well as its maker of rules. There is no rule against making observations, and if there were one, I might just revise it. (Such power!)

opb
Male Author

England
#28 | Posted: 7 Nov 2018 07:35
Oh, no! he's going to increase it from six of the best to a dozen!

theo54
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#29 | Posted: 9 Nov 2018 16:18
Here's my six, although there could easily have been many more!

A warm Welcome by Watcher. This is one I return to again and again. Amanda discovers how things are done at her close University friends house. The tawse is heavy and well laid on! It's not even that private!

Blake Back at Bloomersdown by Imreadonly2. A serial, sadly unfinished. Christine Blake, celebrity TV presenter returns to her old school for the day, as a schoolgirl, for an item on her show. Her return stirs up old memories and yearnings which the Headmaster responds to decisively!

To the lighthouse by Neil. This is funny and arousing, a good mixture. Rachel gets a job in the far North of Scotland at a Nature Reserve and slowly gets Duncan, retired teacher and volunteer, to demonstrate the use of the tawse.

Who got Babysat? By Gloup. A two part story about the dramatic effect a new babysitter has on two teenaged girls! Funny, outrageously cartoonish descriptions and very hot!

The Vicar's Tea Party by DJ Black. A young widow, a stern matron and her wayward daughters and an old fashioned Vicar. Deliciously restrained descriptions, much rustling of lowered petticoats and drawers. Bravo!

Crisis at St Brides by me. A series about a crisis in the disciplinary regime of St Brides. I am proud of it! drkeate kindly said of Episodes 12, 13 and 14: 'This is the best, simply the best, description/evocation of the shameful, well-deserved punishment of the mature woman in authority -- my favourite scenario -- that I have ever read.'

Spankedjenny
Female Validater

USA
#30 | Posted: 10 Nov 2018 06:02
This was difficult because a few of these authors deserve at least six of their very own entries and there are many favorites that have not even made the list but here goes...

1) The Lie – Carolina Jim F/f – 19-year-old Jenny gets caught out for having lied to her mother about what she had done the night before and earns a blistering hairbrush spanking across her mother's lap. – Carolina Jim is a master of chronicling maternal discipline and his stories could have been written about my mom. They really stir up the memories of my own childhood.

2) New School – Carol Smith –F/f – 12-year-old Heather Sutcliffe earns 20 demerits in a week at school and has to bring a letter hoe for her parents to sign. Her mom reads the letter and informs Heather that she's going to get a spanking with the wooden ruler. Heather tries to beg her way out of baring her fanny and bending over Mom's lap but being threatened with the strap gets her moving pretty quickly. – Carol does a great job in showing just what a motivational tool the strap can have in getting a girl to do as she's told. Having to bring the letter back to school detailing the punishment meted out at home adds a delicious element of shame and embarrassment to the whole ordeal.

3) Wow! That really Stings! – Beth- F/f – 17-year-old Mandy skips school and her mom receives a call from the school headmistress. When Mandy returns home her mom tells her she's going to be spanked. Mandy then utters that foolish line so many girls throughout the ages have said, "I'm too old to be spanked," only to find out how wrong they are. Mandy also makes the foolish vow of not giving Mom the satisfaction of making her cry only to have that fly out the window all too soon. – I must admit to having resorted to both of those fallacies back in my own youth to the same result.

4) Disqualified At The State Meet – mj2001 – F/f – Amber Long, the captain of her High School swim team takes a petulant attitude on having jumped the gun on her anchor leg of a team relay and earns quite the spanking from her coach. – I loved this story on so many levels, not the least of which being that I was a competitive swimmer for close to ten years ending with my last year in High School. It was hard to single this one out though because mj2001 has so many I could have put here as a selection.

5) Spanking Lindsey – Rick Marlowe –Serial – M/F – The burgeoning relationship between Rick Marlowe and a waitress named Lindsey and details of his spanking her, initially for motivational purposes and later for pleasure. _This is such a well fleshed out tale and there are many promised installments yet to be released in the library and eagerly anticipated. Besides how can I NOT give a nod to he who started this thread? It was hard to select but one of Rick's stories because they are all such gems.

6) OK...so a shameless plug for myself – Once Upon A Sunday – (Me - Jennifer Pearson) F/F – Serial - The tale of a girl named Cindy and her journey into a relationship revolving around maternal style corporal punishment that evolves into one of a more intimate nature – perhaps not so loosely based upon the author's own marvelous journey leading to her blissful marriage to her amazing wife.

Page  Page 3 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 7
DurableGents, Filbert74, Jake15, kenjperr, Tengen, Unfortunate
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9