The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Spanking story for a video game?

Page  Page 4 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»
Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#31 | Posted: 3 Jul 2013 03:46
I'd love to see a game based around St Trinian's sixth form. In the films it always seemed such a pity that authority figure sent to lay down the law was always so quickly (and easily) defeated. Perhaps the main character could be either male or female - so it would appeal to the M/f and F/f markets?

For re-playability you could try to make out points to get different instruments, allow harder whacks, "unlock" skirts up mode, etc. Alas I doubt we'd ever find a team to work on it.

I've tracked down and watched the original 4 films and personally felt a bit bad about "The Great St Trinian's Train Robbery". By the time that film was made (1966) the things the girls got up to seemed almost quaint. Having boys over? Smoking? Drinking? That sort of thing was happening everywhere then - which meant that St Trinian's no longer stood out - except as girls from posh families (the ones who could afford private schools) who knew how to enjoy themselves.

Goodgulf

Totzman
Male Member

USA
#32 | Posted: 4 Jul 2013 18:03
I made a sort of video game, it was more an interactive spanking story. In it you control a discipline coordinator who has to select a punishment for each girl based on her infractions.

You can view it here: http://fjt6.tripod.com/Cartoon.html

bonemouth01
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#33 | Posted: 3 Oct 2013 05:08
Totzman, I had found your game/story a while back and thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope anyone else involved in making games stays in contact here. Here's a neat twist on the subject: http://spankingadventures.webeden.co.uk.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#34 | Posted: 6 Oct 2013 03:06
bonemouth01:
Here's a neat twist on the subject: http://spankingadventures.webeden.co.uk.

That's an interesting one. A lot like the fighting fantasy books of the 80s (you make a character sheet, trait statistics, etc) but entirely focus on spanking.

I just wish the website was more open. You can't open the options in new tabs to see which is the best option, so you can get a long way down a bad path and have to back up.

Goodgulf

trollberry
Male Member

USA
#35 | Posted: 23 Oct 2014 02:51
I've been thinking about the possibility of an actual spank-based game using a 3d gaming engine, which are
largely free to use. You can create your own props, characters, and script a scene. Even If such a game were picked up by only the spanko crowd, there would be an outcry if any 'underage' characters were portrayed. If you looked at other 3D-based sex games, you would find a lack of children there as well. Otherwise the police would swoop in. There are many scenes that can be presented that are all adult-only, so lack of children should not be that big an issue.

But if you created a FPS (First Person Spanker), how should that look? The control setup would be interesting. This type of experience would favor Dominants. How would a submissive play.

Well fortunately, you can go to Second Life and play out the possibilities there, if you can find play partners.
If there a market if those that want to play, well, by themselves? I kinda think there are.

spankingtheatre
Male Author

England
#36 | Posted: 23 Oct 2014 14:52
Is there a market?
For me that's the key question, whether enough would be interested to justify the effort it would require. You could try creating a Kickstarter proposal?

I've been considering creating a spanking-themed game for a while now, though I don't think 3D is the right medium for a spanking game. Anything less than cinematic quality is going to be Uncanny Valley, and that's going to kill any eroticism.

Perhaps erotic games work better as text adventures, interactive stories that give the players' imaginations scope to fill in the gaps. Maybe I'll get round to converting some of my stories into games one day...

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#37 | Posted: 23 Oct 2014 23:16
I don't think a Kickstarter would work - simply because we would need professionals to be involved. I've looked at various crowd funding appeals and those from non professionals rarely get funded, and when funded they rarely deliver.

As for text games, earlier in this thread I mentioned taking the TADS tutorial game and changing various bits to make it more of a spanking game. It wasn't hard to do.

When it comes to making a spanking game, my advise is:
1) choose your audience. Sure, you could try to make a game that caters to M/f, F/m, M/m, and every other combination where the player can be either the spanker or the spanked, but that's a lot more work than doing a M/f only game. You would be best to go with something that you would enjoy playing.
2) choose your platform. Want to make a text game? To use a 3D public domain engine? Something in between? Well, choose an option and go forward.
3) do something simple to see how hard it is. There's no sense in committing a huge project before you know how hard it will be. Make a demo - maybe a single scene with limited options that shows a spanking - to give yourself an idea of what's involved. The more work you put into the game the easier it will go (i.e. your skills will improve) but you should start small and work from up from there.

Beyond that... It's hard to talk a project if we don't know if it will be 3D engine or text based. The medium you choose will make a huge difference on how the game should go. Do you want to make it an object quest game? I can gathering the items needed to deliver a spanking - say"
- three items of evidence that proves X needs a spanking
- a form of authorization ("Official Town Spanker" badge or something)
- items to spank with
Then having to track X down and deliver the spanking.

Or I can see a secretary (or cubical farm worker) having a list of office rules, rules that breaking lead to demerits that lead to spanking, and having to do various tasks without getting demerits (say timing things so that you can make it to the break room for a snack without the boss seeing you - with could work in a 3d game) with the spankings coming as you earn demerits.

Or I can see a first person game where you're grabbing victims and spanking them (no reason other than you caught them).

Regardless of what sort of game someone makes, I'm very likely to play it - as are many of the people on this site.

Fulgur
Male Author

Czech_Rep
SUBSCRIBER

#38 | Posted: 25 Oct 2014 17:47
I am personally a fan of manga style artwork and there are many "visual novel"-type games which are basically interactive stories with branching paths and multiple endings. So I'd support some graphics in this alley.

A game that left deep impression on me long time ago was called Knights of Xentar. It was a funny, irreverent RPG with erotic scenes and nice quirks (for example if you didn't equip ANYTHING on your party members, they literally appeared naked in battle).

So, I've had two main ideas. One is the RPG approach -- perhaps an action RPG, but basically you would only have control of one character and you'd have to raise the others to help you in the battles properly.

The other is the simulation game. The specifics are about this:
1. There is a big house owned by your character. You serve as a boarding house for girls from upper-class families whose parents have to work abroad for extended period of time. You're expensive but you are known for having good results (primarily making sure that the girls have good school results).
2. The format would be semi-scripted, i.e. there would be specific events regarding each girl, as well as random events, but the order of those events and whether they actually happen or not would be fluid and dependent on your actions.
3. You'd play through the individual days. Each day has several time periods and in each of those time periods your character can be only in one place. All characters of the game move similarly. You can generally only interact with characters in the same place.
For example -- you suspect that one of your girls started to ditch school. So during the school hours you decide to go to a candy store and, surprise, the girl is there instead of school. Trouble for her!
4. Once you decide to spank a girl, the spanking is treated as a multiple-choice minigame, accompanied by pictures.
5. The girls have certain personality values. Respect shows how likely they are to do what you tell them compared to what they want to do. They have a value about how much they love you -- however, here too high value can prove as troublesome as too low, or even worse. There's a value for fear as well -- high fear increases the likelihood that the girl will obey you, but it has other undesirable effects as well.
Generally, a punishment of appropriate level to crime would increase respect, while too mild punishment would decrease it and overly harsh punishment would increase fear.
6. There is then a large number of stories that can be told. Perhaps mother of one girl falls ill during the exam period -- should you tell her or should you keep the information from her to keep her from being distracted? Perhaps strict parents of one girl require unusually harsh punishments -- will you do as they say or will you secretly go easy on the poor girl? Perhaps a string of mysterious robberies starts plaguing the city -- could you perhaps hide the perpetrator under your own roof?

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#39 | Posted: 25 Oct 2014 19:02
Fulgur:
The other is the simulation game. The specifics are about this:

Sounds wonderful. I'd play that one as well.

A quick note: if anyone wants to try a union of the text and RPG approach, they could do worse than to base it off of the Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall game. No, neither Shadowrun Returns nor Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall have any spanking in them, but both games ship with the editor that the game designers used to make the games. Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall has various bits updated, but either could work as a platform. No, they don't show spanking, but they do have:
NPCs
Triggers
Dialogue
customized artwork
and other elements that would allow your PC to travel the game, assembling items and talking to people.

One of the User Generated Content pieces I've seen completely eschews the combat system to run the game by dialogue choices. You walk around, triggering events and talking to people, all without combat options. Seeing that got me thinking about using that platform for a spanking game.
Downside: only people who buy the game can run any game you make, but it's cheep (about $15 US, often going on sale on steam) and available on Steam, GoG.com, and another site like GoG.com .

Actually, there's another reason I think of this when thinking about spanking games: one of the "runs" (quests) involve going to OTK International. They never say what OTK stands for, so it might be an in joke referring to Over The Knee.

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#40 | Posted: 25 Oct 2014 22:59
I think Fulgur's setting might be better as a boarding school, rather than a boarding house - a teacher would have more authority over resident girls than a landlord.

The 'quests' might be like detective work - the girls break the rules in a number of different ways, and the player's task (as their teacher) is to work out which girls are breaking which rules by talking to the girls, gathering clues, and if possible getting to the right location to catch them in the act. Once caught, the player then has to decide the correct level of punishment, based on the severity of the offence, how she was caught (catching the girl in the act would allow a more severe punishment than working out her guilt later, or having another girl tell on her in exchange for a lesser punishment) and the character of the individual girl. The object of the game would be to maintain order - if too many girls get away with breaking the rules, or are insufficiently punished for it, chaos ensues, and your teacher gets reprimanded by the Headmaster; if your teacher is too strict then the parents complain and the teacher also gets a reprimand.

Page  Page 4 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 6
brushonthebare, dougmorton, Heroth, Hotspur, Stonewall2, twinkieshark
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9