LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

Oops! Picture Story Challenge 2013

Page  Page 5 of 13: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ... 11 12 13 »»
Minidancer
Female Author

England
#41 | Posted: 21 Mar 2013 09:21
Februs has sorted out the problem with 'ipad voting'...so i can now vote. Hoorah! Thank you so much, Februs.

Minidancer
Female Author

England
#42 | Posted: 21 Mar 2013 09:44
Which now brings on the question - do most writers vote for their own entry? Being a first timer, i'm not sure if thats considered bad etiquette or a good tactic.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#43 | Posted: 21 Mar 2013 10:05
yeaaa for voting on ur ipad Voting for your own is fine and most do it.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#44 | Posted: 21 Mar 2013 10:52
Minidancer:
Do most writers vote for their own entry?

We had a discussion a couple of challenges ago, and I think it ended in an agreement that we should all give our own story/stories 10 points. I follow that policy although it feels a little strange...

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#45 | Posted: 21 Mar 2013 13:20
I will vote for my own, and naturally I am very attached to them...but if there are others that I like a lot better, I might have to vote accordingly.

I have one question - why is there an option to list the stories in the order loaded? It seems to me that, based on posts here and discussions in the chat room, that makes it easy to figure out whose is whose for some of them. I, personally, would have preferred an alphabetical list.

Minidancer
Female Author

England
#46 | Posted: 21 Mar 2013 14:34
Thanks for the advice, guys...i will vote for my own if everybody else is. As far as the listing of entries goes...i think the random option is the best. The trouble with alphabetical listing is that most people will naturally start reading from the top of the list and work down. This could disadvantage the bottom entries if not everyone reads the entire list...through lack of time or flagging enthusiasm etc.

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#47 | Posted: 21 Mar 2013 14:40
Minidancer:
most people will naturally start reading from the top of the list and work down. This could disadvantage the bottom entries if not everyone reads the entire list

Same problem with the order-loaded list.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#48 | Posted: 21 Mar 2013 15:09
Personally I think we should forget the 'problems' and just enjoy the challenge...

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#49 | Posted: 21 Mar 2013 15:16
PinkAngel:
think we should forget the 'problems' and just enjoy

I entirely agree. So many Challenges have been spoiled in the past by so called "problems" which are nothing more then peoples personal preferences.

We all know the rules and appreciate the effort put forth by the admins to put the Challenge out in the first place. Vote as you like. no one will find out, and read as you like, no one cares if one can figure out who wrote what, just enjoy all the stories and have fun.

I know most think of comments on the forum are not complaints. So lets not even give the 'preception' of complaining, just read, comment if you like, vote as you like and enjoy!

CS

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#50 | Posted: 21 Mar 2013 15:29
No problems, no complaints - sorry if that was the impression. Comments are just comments, not criticisms.

I am very appreciative of all the authors and the admins for all the hard work that it has taken to put out this challenge. I have enjoyed every entry that I have read so far, and hope to get through all of them.

Page  Page 5 of 13: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ... 11 12 13 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 8
ahowell208, anpedant, Clarity, Dave, Jackmydaw, SummerRed, ThomasPetersen, Unfortunate, westviking
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9