The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

Oops! Picture Story Challenge 2013

Page  Page 6 of 13: «« 1 2  ... 4 5 6 7 8  ... 12 13 »»
gail
Female Author

Canada
#51 | Posted: 21 Mar 2013 16:51
FiBlue:
but if there are others that I like a lot better, I might have to vote accordingly.

Well I have found one that is better than my entry so I am a bit put out, to say the least

Since when does someone have the right to submit something that is better than the model answer ?

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#52 | Posted: 21 Mar 2013 19:29
gail:
Since when does someone have the right to submit something that is better than the model answer ?

It is probably a vile act of plagiarism. You should reread the entire "Remembrance of Things Past" to see if it isn't lifted from somewhere in there.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#53 | Posted: 21 Mar 2013 22:42
FiBlue:
This could disadvantage the bottom entries

I would be extremely reluctant to disadvantage bottom entries.

As for "problems" or "complaints", either we're a community or we're not. If we're a community, which I think we are, it's entirely natural that we discuss how we interrelate and air different ideas about rules and processes. However, since we owe so much to the Librarians, we should take very seriously any guidance from them about what's practical and what might impose extra work on them.

gail
Female Author

Canada
#54 | Posted: 21 Mar 2013 22:53
barretthunter:
we should take very seriously any guidance from them about what's practical and what might impose extra work on them.

I don't think Fiona was complaining or implying for one moment that she wanted the system changed, or that there were issues or problems.

As a community, we have to be open to having opinions sounded, else we will shut down conversation and bright ideas very quickly. I don't think sermonizing fosters that open dialog.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#55 | Posted: 21 Mar 2013 23:09
barretthunter:
either we're a community or we're not. If we're a community, which I think we are, it's entirely natural that we discuss how we interrelate and air different ideas about rules and processes.

Except that certain of these discussions we seem to have ad nauseam in the middle of judging every challenge. Would it be so bad if we could agree to just skip it this time?

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#56 | Posted: 21 Mar 2013 23:38
barretthunter:
FiBlue:
This could disadvantage the bottom entries

I would be extremely reluctant to disadvantage bottom entries.

The way I avoid disadvantaging bottom entries is to read all the stories in random order. If I refresh the page after each read, then the 'read' icon appears, so then there is no confusion over what I have or have not read! I tend to pick by titles which appeal or intrigue; length (longer ones are best read on days where there is lots of time to enjoy them in one sitting as I personally find reading them in two or more sittings may break the enjoyment; longer ones can also be read on a basis of one per day if this works timewise, to spread them out evenly); and then there is pot-luck - I just pick any title which my mouse lands upon!

I find that using this voting method is fairly fair, and so far in the past challenges, I have always managed to read and comment/vote on every single one using this method.

I have read some wonderful stories so far (*especially mine **sniggers ). All joking aside, I look forward to reading the rest and wish all the entrants good luck!!

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#57 | Posted: 21 Mar 2013 23:58
barretthunter:
t's entirely natural that we discuss how we interrelate and air different ideas about rules and processes.

Agreed, but we can do it when the Challenges are NOT in progress. If one works at a project, and many of us do, how do you feel when people come up to you and say, "oh, this could be better" or "I think this would work better" or any saying of the like. Whether they are complaints or not, they can be and are viewed by many to be complaints.

Like Guy has said, "
Guy:
we seem to have ad nauseam in the middle of judging every challenge

I was really hoping this one time we could just quit the ad nauseam and get on with the fun.

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#58 | Posted: 22 Mar 2013 01:26
Gee, guys, come on. This is being blown WAY out of proportion. I haven't been here for a challenge before, and all I did was ask a question and then respond to a comment about it. Next time, maybe I should just send any questions I have in a popup to Februs. As I said earlier...I have no problems and no complaints. Can we just drop it, please?

Guy
Male Author

USA
#59 | Posted: 22 Mar 2013 01:52
FiBlue:
Gee, guys, come on. This is being blown WAY out of proportion.

That's what we do here.

All is well. All is love.

Guy

mati
Female Member

Germany
#60 | Posted: 22 Mar 2013 08:59
FiBlue:
I have one question - why is there an option to list the stories in the order loaded?

When I remember it correctly, it started with an order loaded list. Then people suggested that a randomly list would be better in case that not every story is read by every voter. So Februs implemented a random list as a default, but with the option to change it to the order loaded list in case single members prefer it this way.

So everybody can choose, what he/she likes better: If you know, you won't read all, you can just use the random default. I normally try to read all entries. Therefore I prefer the order loaded list as it shows me at a glance how many stories I already read and how many are left. I I find it this way also easier to compare my votes.

Page  Page 6 of 13: «« 1 2  ... 4 5 6 7 8  ... 12 13 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 9
Backbeat, BaronAshpodel, Heroth, misterspanker, patxi, Poseidon, retired8
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9