LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Are We a Dying Breed?

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»
barretthunter
Male Author

England
#21 | Posted: 16 May 2013 16:13
Mati - I've encountered some young Germans online who are into spanking and BDSM. I think there is an aspect of spanko culture that does seem rather old-fashioned, and that revolves around punishment of children especially. It's true that in most developed countries that's very much in decline and also the idea of a strict school with feared teachers starts to seem weird to many younger people. However, there are lots of aspects of spanking outside that. I think the emphasis will change.

As for interest being sparked by being spanked, I was never spanked. I did get one stroke of the cane on the hand at the age of 13 or 14 at school for something I didn't do, and it certainly didn't occur to me that this was sexy! By then I'd already had roughly-formed spanko thoughts and knew very well I was an arse man.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#22 | Posted: 16 May 2013 17:09
I agree that spanking will not die out, but it will take a different direction, as something adults engage in for sexuality-related reasons, and not as a form of punishment for children, a concept that is increasingly growing into disfavor.
It is true that many of us were seldom or never spanked as children, but are still into or fascinated by it. I would raise another point. Its entirely possible that someone who was spanked growing up would hate it, thinking of it as an unpleasant part of their childhood, and have no desire to engage in it in any way as an adult.
And it is certainly true that alternative lifestyles and what some call kink are becoming more widely accepted mainstream. Take homosexuality-50 years it was condemned unequivocally. Now a dozen states recognize gay marriage, and gays and lesbians are portrayed positively in the media(Ellen for example) and their votes are sought by politicians.
As long as spanking is seen as an alternative sexual expression among consenting adults and not as a form of child abuse, or a way men subjugate women against their wishes, we'll be okay.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#23 | Posted: 16 May 2013 18:18
Why spanking will always be with us:

There are a lot of nerve endings in the backside. Some of these are closely associated with the nerve endings in the "front side", at least for some people. Those nerve bundles are one of the reasons why some people really enjoy anal play and others find it discomforting.

When we feel unexpected pleasure, whether from a runner's high or a good smack on the bottom, our minds process that information in different and weird ways.

At least that's one view of why we enjoy spanking and one of the better arguments against spanking children.

Goodgulf

bendover
Male Author

USA
#24 | Posted: 16 May 2013 20:17
When I was in Copenhagen Denmark during my service time in 1971, there was an abundance of mags and books that the little naughty shops had about spanking. So, it may be a no no, but someone was still interested in that form of fun.

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#25 | Posted: 17 May 2013 02:40
It seems definitely true that children are much less likely to be spanked these days; certainly so compared to when I was a child in the 70s. But it still happens, and in some places, e.g. in rural parts of the US, it is still not unusual, even for older children and adolescents. So spanking still exists as an idea in the culture, even for people who don't experience it in their youth. So I wouldn't expect a shortage of spankos soon.

But some day in the future, I expect coporal punishment will seem like a weird and barbaric practice of an earlier time, not unlike hanging or witch-burning. And I wonder if there will still be spankos then.

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#26 | Posted: 17 May 2013 12:44
SNM:
njrick: I think there is another possible explanation, which I've heard postulated. That is that younger people are more open to experimenting with various types of sexual play, which makes it easier for them to find willing partners without having to join groups, attend clubs, or search online. It may just be one more facet of sexuality to explore, with those who find that they're into it also finding the people to play with along the way. I have no way of knowing whether this hypothesis might be true, as I tend not to hang out with a younger crowd or search for partners (of any type) in that age bracket.
I'm pretty sure you're on to something here.

If you're willing to accept anecdotal evidence, as a member of the younger generation I've encountered little to no stigma against fetishism among my peer group.

I agree with Njrick and SNM that younger people nowadays are more willing to to explore kinky interests and therefore spankos are in no danger of dying out. It is just that younger people are doing it it while older people are more likely to write about it.

Also just because something such as spanking is used less as a punishment doesn't mean that awareness of it goes away. It has been hundreds of years since swords were used in warfare and look how many films are made featuring sword fighting. Even films about the future have swords as weapons, for example, the light sabers in Star Wars.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#27 | Posted: 17 May 2013 16:28
Now there's an idea - spanked with an appropriately adjusted light sabre.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#28 | Posted: 17 May 2013 18:32
barretthunter:
Now there's an idea - spanked with an appropriately adjusted light sabre.

Kiss your ass goodbye...

jimc
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#29 | Posted: 21 May 2013 03:38
i do have to wonder about that (personally i believe that there is a spanko gene and you are born with it.) i was spanked as a child, but my pleasure from it was giving and seeing not getting. considering how far spanking has come i do wonder if it will continue or because it is such a guilty pleasure it will be replaced by something else. (it does seem more prevalent in today's society and i remember writing a short story in 1965 where it seemed that spanking was dying in mainstream media and i was saddened by that, but now there are spankings again in comedies and dramas that surpass the ones in the past in both erotic and vivid descriptions (Big Bang Theory and Weeds as someone else mentioned earlier.) I do hope it continues, but it is hard to say one way or another. Have a great day.
Jim

mobile_carrot
Male Author

England
#30 | Posted: 21 May 2013 19:16
I don't see any danger of it dying out - there's a whole stream of new spankos arriving on the scene - some young and curious, some middle-aged and wanting to branch out into fetish now that they finally dare. The schoolie approach and its trappings might only appeal to people of a certain age and experience but spanking's also becoming far more acceptable as general erotic practice. Manchester has an under-35s munch which I believe is popular (no way I'd get in!).

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 3
Forrange, kenjperr, mastroe, ogard, PGreenham, sara90, Unfortunate
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9