LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Are We a Dying Breed?

Page  Page 1 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5 »»
tysout
Male Author

Scotland
#1 | Posted: 16 May 2013 00:26
Being a glass half empty guy I worry about the future.
This belief, got me thinking about how, our particular kink will fair in the years to come.
I'm fairly sure, but not certain of course , that most of the LOSF's members can recall, and perhaps relate, their current predilection to being spanked as a child.
The thing is, spanking is no longer allowed, so will future generations, gradually cease to be spanko's?
If you were to jump in a time machine, and travel 50 years into the future, and then threaten someone with a spanking, would they know what you were talking about?
Personally speaking I'll be dead by then , so I don't really care, but it still makes me wonder!!!

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 16 May 2013 01:02
I've chatted with many spanko who weren't spanked as children.

I could be wrong, but spanking is now being seen more as something sexual than a form of discipline. As long as that's the case then there will always be spankos.

Goodgulf

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 16 May 2013 01:03
About a year ago ABC News did a piece on spanking in American schools. At that time, 19 states allowed corporal punishment. In my own children's schools (in Alabama) about 10 years ago, the school had to get the parents' permission before administering any kind of corporal punishment. They did use the paddle occasionally, for serious or repeat offenses.
Also, plenty of parents still spank their children at home. The children I babysit get regular spankings - boys on their bare bottoms and girls over their panties.
That said, there are plenty of us spankos who were not spanked as children but discovered it as adults. So, I don't think we are in danger of becoming extinct any time soon.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 16 May 2013 01:18
I was never spanked as a child. I have no idea where the interest stems from, but it's not from childhood experiences. I knew a professional who got no more than the occasional smack as a child, but when someone suggested spanking her as an adult she jumped at the chance. I'm with Fi, spanking seems to be more prevalent in the media today as a kink than it ever was years ago. We're in danger of dying out at all.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 16 May 2013 01:22
I don't think we're in any trouble as spankos go. As a matter of fact, I think it's gaining popularity as goodgulf says. I believe there are thousands of people out there who never really come forward. Perhaps they're ashamed to face the fact that they would love to be spanked or spank someone.

DarkRiver
Male Member

Canada
#6 | Posted: 16 May 2013 01:23
one of the SF author's I read updated her earlier works to ""modernize" things, she took out the reference to spanking but the phrase, "put me in time out" just doesn't work as well.

I doubt things will fade, everything is like a pendulum things wing one way then the other IMO. The only way it'd drastically change is if someone cut the chain of the pendulum so to speak.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 16 May 2013 01:23
Seegee:
We're in danger of dying out at all.

I put the NO in there for you Seegee.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 16 May 2013 01:27
tysout:
The thing is, spanking is no longer allowed, so will future generations, gradually cease to be spanko's?

I grew up in a world with spanking, but I didn't grow up in today's world. Yes, the world of my youth had actual spanking, but virtually nothing else to feed a spanking kink. Virtually no spanking literature, no pictures, and perhaps a very few thinly distributed and badly produced movies that certainly weren't available to me. Every one of us spankos was a island, we thought we were alone!

Think about what we have today! We have a world with virtually unlimited spanking literature available and with an internet that can supply a lifetime of spanking images and videos.

So yes, the spanking kink will continue in future generations. Personally, I think it will grow. But it just will be inspired, nourished and spread in a different and more open manner.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 16 May 2013 02:56
They tried to make Enid Blyton's books more politically correct by taking out, among other things, references to spanking, but it made a mockery of an incident in one of them. A character runs away from the Faraway Tree because he's been mistaken for doing some naughty things and other characters want to spank him for it. He hides out at the house of the kids who are the main characters and they explain to their mother that some people where he lives want to spank him for something he didn't do, so can he stay for a few days? Which she agrees to. Unfortunately it doesn't have the same impact when you just replace the word spank with scold, which is what they did. I think the recent reference to spanking in The Big Bang Theory is evidence that what we do and enjoy is alive and well and people both like and understand it.

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 16 May 2013 03:07
I can see a day coming when people will look back at this era and say "They used to engage in this form of sex-play ...with CHILDREN(!?) ...as a PUNISHMENT(!?) ...how bizarre!"

Page  Page 1 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 8
Elodie, JakeRingo, kattjames, knicks604, mobblers, spankingvixen, WilliamAllen
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9