library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

A few words of advice for our American friends.

Page  Page 5 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»
Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#41 | Posted: 6 Dec 2011 15:10
smeple:
Sorry, old man, no taxation without representation. Didn't we already cover that part of history about 230 years ago

So there we have it. The country has only been in existence for a little over 200 years. Okay, so America has achieved an awful lot in that time but they were kick-started by a bunch of Brits. History reminds us that even the most powerful of nations can fall rapidly into decline. From 539 BC to 331 BC (compare that to 1776 – 2011), the Persian Empire was the most powerful state in the world but that fell rapidly into decline and look at Iran these days.

In the unlikely event that California, Texas and other states do not declare UDI in the meantime, the true test of America's prowess will be that it can remain a nation for around 1000 years like dear old Blighty.

Now where's that bloody tongue-in-cheek icon Feb's?

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#42 | Posted: 8 Dec 2011 11:10
My last post was censored for what was meant as a joke but was seen by certain members as a racist comment.
If my warped sense of humour caused offence I apologise unreservedly.
If I may be allowed to blow my own trumpet, I would add that I doubt that any member here has done more to fight the scourge of racism than I. Despite the new regime, racism does occasionally still raise its ugly head here at the southern tip of Africa.

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#43 | Posted: 8 Dec 2011 19:53
Hotspur
Notwithstanding the fact that you did not intend it to be racist, the words used were extremely offensive.
I have no doubt you intended it as a joke, but what you can say in a salloon bar to a friend and what you can post on the internet are very different.
I hope that I don't come across as a moralising prig-I can assure you I'm not; but I like this forum and don't want to see it degenerate.
Note well I've even refrained from mentioning this weeks awful football results.

Targetarear
Male Member

England
#44 | Posted: 22 Dec 2011 20:44
Two nations,separated by a common language. Did Winston Churchill say that? Or was he just quoting someone else? Whichever it was, he would know better than most; after all he was half American.

In defence of our American cousins I have to say that however brash, annoying or irritating we think they are we must never forget that twice in the space of twenty-five years they rescued us from national disaster and, having done so, they defended us from something even worse for almost another fifty. Surely we should be thankful for that, and show our gratitud by overlooking their little linquisitc quirks.

blimp
Male Author

England
#45 | Posted: 23 Dec 2011 00:39
Targetarear:
after all he was half American.

But English! I know his mother was American but Winston Churchill was one of the greatest ever Englishmen! We might share a common language but let's not share him!

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#46 | Posted: 23 Dec 2011 13:26
"Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing...after they have exhausted all other possibilities."
-- Winston Churchill

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#47 | Posted: 23 Dec 2011 15:17
Targetarear:
ote
Two nations,separated by a common language. Did Winston Churchill say that? Or was he just quoting someone else? Whichever it was, he would know better than most; after all he was half American

I think it was originally attributed to George Bernard Shaw.
However on this board at least the rivalry between the US and the UK is similar to the rivalry between England and Australia at cricket but much less than the rivalry between English football supporters.

We have to remember that the USA gained by being a mixing pot for adventurous European settlers and so gained enormously from that.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#48 | Posted: 23 Oct 2018 03:08
And here a good conversation about the common Mother Tongue by which we are divided.

carlspanks
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#49 | Posted: 23 Oct 2018 03:46
I think given the long history of amicable relations between our nations, we should actively seek out areas on which we share common agreement rather than those few issues which divide us. For example, I believe we all share a common view of the best way to make tea. As I believe we can all agree, the proper way to make tea is as follows. First, brew a large, preferably pitcher sized quantity of tea. While still hot and using a large scoop, add sugar until sweet. Serve over ice in a large glass. Not to be consumed before 11 A.M. local time. No instant unless except in the case of emergency. Of course, there may be minor regional deviations from this basic technique, but in general, that's pretty much it. Agreement. See? Was that so hard?

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#50 | Posted: 23 Oct 2018 04:09
carlspanks
I prefer my iced tea unsweetened. Any other ideas for potential agreement?

Page  Page 5 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 7
Bra1cz, dougmorton, lesni, Maxzj88, Pembridge06, shyshosho, tyrport
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9