library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

A few words of advice for our American friends.

Page  Page 3 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»
jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#21 | Posted: 5 Dec 2011 10:38
Hotspur:
Due to sponsorship requirements, the only beer available at the games during the World Cup in South Africa last year was Budweiser. It was a poor substitute for the Namibian brew.

The Czech Budweiser Budwar, available in the UK is a very pleasant continental lager beer, and as the offy next to the curry-house used to sell it I have enjoyed it as an accompaniment to many take-aways.
In contrast the US derived Budweiser is imo unpleasant gnat's piss.

I'm not anti- US but in this case US Budweiser should be kept where it belongs.

BTW the other day on TV I discovered what "eggs over-easy" meant and that's the way I like them and my mum used to cook them! I have to admit it is easier than saying 'just turned for about thirty seconds when the white is cooked but leaving the yolk soft', when asked how you like your fried egg.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#22 | Posted: 5 Dec 2011 14:14
barretthunter:
Good British beer is not warm. It's just not so cold you can't taste it.

Although your default assumption might be that us USA'ns are provincial untraveled louts, it turns out that this Guy has actually visited the UK in person, and done so more than once. The beer was warm.

To be fair, that was in the 70's so you folks may have become slightly more civilized since then? Perhaps the positive influence of USA culture has asserted itself sufficiently that your beer is now served somewhat cooler than it was 40 years ago.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#23 | Posted: 5 Dec 2011 14:18
Who likes Budweiser anyway. Give me a good imported beer any day. Coors beer is pretty good.

JohnH
Male Member

England
#24 | Posted: 5 Dec 2011 15:13
Sebastian:
Coors beer is pretty good.

This company hold a 20% share of the U.K. market, with major brewing plants in Yorkshire (Tadcaster) and Staffordshire (Burton-on-Trent) (Next door to Marmite so they can be rid of the excess yeast) .

Funny old world, The British beers we boast of now owned by overseas interests !

yenz
Male Author

Denmark
#25 | Posted: 5 Dec 2011 15:21
People drinking cold beer do so, because they do not like the taste of beer. The same goes for people, who puts ice cubes in whisky. Cold red wine is a crime. There are strange people all over the world, who drinks iced tea or coffee. As long they are not violent, let them do as they like.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#26 | Posted: 5 Dec 2011 16:07
Is this the time to remind people of the old Monty Python joke:

"We find your American beer like making love in a canoe."

??

"It's fucking close to water!"

rollin
Male Member

USA
#27 | Posted: 5 Dec 2011 17:57
As memory serves, we had two brawls over this kind of harassment---one in 1776 and the other in 1812. If we have to come over there to get you to knock it off, it won't be pretty. When the Enterprise comes steaming up the Thames (rhymes with "James" says me) you better start practicing driving on the right side of the road. I mean, nobody who eats something called "spotted dick" should ever be allowed to dictate this stuff----much less football. Go Ducks.

blimp
Male Author

England
#28 | Posted: 5 Dec 2011 18:23
Nothing wrong with spotted dick eaten with thick yellow custard!! You don't know what your missing, Rollin!! Those old fashioned puddings are one thing I have a weakness for. Doesn't do my waistline any good though!

smeple
Male Author

USA
#29 | Posted: 5 Dec 2011 18:35
Rollin's post (which sums up everything nicely) aside, methinks this discussion has devolved into a pissing contest over whose beer is better/colder/warmer or, in the opinion of one, tastes like "unpleasant gnat's piss." (Which begs the question: would it be ok if it tasted like PLEASANT gnat's piss?). And isn't that what all beer - warm, cold, tastes great/less filling, and yes, even one which tastes like gnat's piss, whether pleasant or unpleasant - does: make those of us who drink it engage in pissing contests? because, as a wise man (not me, obviously) once said, "you don't buy beer - you rent it."

And yes, while we in the US sometimes do engage in the practice of using words and phrases like "you know" and "like" as fillers, I wonder: if we stopped using them, would those of you from the UK stop saying "cheerio" and "I say" (sometimes followed by "old chap") though crooked teeth?

I say (old chap?) we should put this whole matter to a vote: Those of us who believe in driving on the right side of the road, drinking cold beer, pronouncing Thames like "James," and never adding a "u" after an "o" in words (except thouse(!) in which it obviously belongs, (like, uh, "obviously") all should vote to overthrow the apparent movement to Anglicize us to the point where every spanking story we write must have the phrase "six o' the best" in it. Those who believe in driving on the WRONG (i.e. left) side of the road can vote otherwise.

Please do not let the fact that there are over 5000 US members and about 1500 members from England dissuade you from recognizing that this will be a fair and balanced vote.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#30 | Posted: 5 Dec 2011 18:43
rollin:
As memory serves, we had two brawls over this kind of harassment---one in 1776 and the other in 1812. If we have to come over there to get you to knock it off, it won't be pretty. When the Enterprise comes steaming up the Thames (rhymes with "James" says me) you better start practicing driving on the right side of the road.

USS Enterprise HELL! That would be unsportsmanlike overkill. We've kept the USS Constitution in commission all these years just in case we need to go back and kick some UK ass.

USS Constitution

rollin:
I mean, nobody who eats something called "spotted dick" should ever be allowed to dictate this stuff-

In the spirit of full disclosure, at my USA supermarket you can buy Cock Flavored Soup Mix. But it is in the International foods section if that helps. [url=http://www.buygracefoods.com/site/product.cfm?id=cock_soup_env][/url]

Page  Page 3 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 14
Alef, DjZolt, johnblack7412, kingkoban, Kooboostroke, Signe, stevenr, westviking, wilmur408
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9