library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

A few words of advice for our American friends.

Page  Page 2 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»
AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 4 Dec 2011 22:17
Re #6 It's very debatable whether using the metric system can be considered "British". In Britain we've only embraced it to a limited extent (just like we've only embraced Europe to a limited extent) and now we've ended up with a peculiar mixture of metric and imperial. Road signs still give distances in miles only, for example, and if I ordered a sheet of MDF 4 feet by 8 feet by 12mm no one would find that at all strange. Maybe #6 should say: Pretend to use the metric system

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 4 Dec 2011 22:54
Oh dear Blimp, you are missing out on one of the true joys of life-a pint of real British ale. So many variations in hoppiness, maltiness, bitterness and lightness, but all masterpieces in their own right.
I think your ancestry needs to be examined-perhaps your family came over with the Huguenots or escaped Nazi rule?
BTW this crap spell-checker needs completely overhauling-it didn't recognise hoppiness or maltiness!, and can't understand the correct use of an apostrophe!!

Guy
Male Author

USA
#13 | Posted: 4 Dec 2011 23:24
Hotspur:
That cold, tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all.

It's not our fault that you folks insist on calling that warm, sludgy, half-brewed dank mush you drink "beer". Here, we would call that stuff either "malt soup" or "like yuk man". Beer should be a refreshing, cold, amber liquid, not a warm black gruel you could eat with a fork.

Myself, I'm not really a beer Guy. I prefer genuine European wine. You know, something like a nice Napa white zinfandel.

Guy

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#14 | Posted: 5 Dec 2011 01:47
Hotspur:
6. You will use the metric system with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables.

Hotspur:
13. You must tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us mad.

#6 We got our measurement system from England. It was actually called "The English System Of Measurement."
#13. Jack the Ripper killed JFK. He (or she) is using a gun instead of a knife. It is more modern and good for long distance killing.
Yes, Jack the Ripper is still alive.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 5 Dec 2011 01:59
I can't believe Hotspur and other Brits are making all. these prescriptions for speaking and writing English, as if you guys invented it or something. Geesh!

Wadesnickers
Male Member

USA
#16 | Posted: 5 Dec 2011 02:50
English Football? Are you'all finally getting like, you know, NFL teams? What's next, like, you know a real race track, like, you know, NASCAR?

If this want get me a spanking....

Wade.

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#17 | Posted: 5 Dec 2011 03:02
American English is more original than modern British English. We in the US kept the more original usage and pronunciation while current British English has changed, or perhaps some would say degraded, in the past two hundred years. Linguists have found, for example, that an American actor reciting Shakespeare would sound more like the original than a British actor would.

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#18 | Posted: 5 Dec 2011 03:43
I confess that as an impartial foreigner writting in English I had some trouble (or is it 'troble') to avoid using both versions mixing in my spanking prose. I find 'panties' more erotic but 'knickers' more spankable. I find 'ass' simpler than 'arse'. And it's as strange to go down in a 'lift' as in an 'elevator'. Of course (corse?) 'fanny' and 'fanny' mix front and rear which is quite confusing. And why should a mere billion mean trillion for Brits?

But for both sides of Atlantic I refer to the opening words of notorious Prof. Higgins:

"set a good example to people whose
English is painful to your ears?
The Scots and the Irish leave you close to tears.
There even are places where English completely disappears.
In America, they haven't used it for years!
Why can't the English teach their children how to speak?"

I rest my case.

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#19 | Posted: 5 Dec 2011 08:02
@ Blimp

Here is Southern Africa we have Namibian beers which are brewed in line with the German purity laws (gebraut nach dem Deutschen Reinheitsgebot von 1516). Like many people in South Africa I much prefer these to the local beers such as Castle Lager which I believe is readily available in Britain.

Due to sponsorship requirements, the only beer available at the games during the World Cup in South Africa last year was Budweiser. It was a poor substitute for the Namibian brew.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#20 | Posted: 5 Dec 2011 09:39
Guy:

Your comments on beer are truly, profoundly, ignorant. Good British beer is not warm. It's just not so cold you can't taste it. Would you serve red wine so cold it anaethsetised your taste-buds? Perhaps you would.

Page  Page 2 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 9
donut88, Enzo, Johnrichter, Kooboostroke
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9