LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Spanking Fiction Oscars?

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»
jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#21 | Posted: 13 Feb 2011 10:57
I rather like the idea of 'Scarlet Globes' award too :P edb that's a wonderful suggestion ;)

njrick, I would say 'new' would be first story posted in in the year of the awards ie. 2010

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#22 | Posted: 13 Feb 2011 14:40
I too like "Scarlet Globes" the most, except that while clever and apropos, it does spoof something already out there. With such creative minds, I like the idea of originality for the award name. We are writers afterall.

I picture a trophy depicting two "hot cross buns" (the actual bread product not a human behind) and perhaps being called the same or just The Spencers.

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#23 | Posted: 13 Feb 2011 15:07
"The Spencers" has a nice ring to it.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#24 | Posted: 13 Feb 2011 17:51
twisted8:
"The Spencers" has a nice ring to it.

[blush] Thanks! that's one of the first stories I ever wrote.

Oh wait! This isn't the "shameless plug" thread is it? Sorry! Forget I ever said anything.

Guy (GuySpencer)

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#25 | Posted: 13 Feb 2011 23:17
What about the 'Kilaharas' as an award name...since this is the Kilahara library and it would therefore honour the man whom this library is named after. Just a suggestion

anitalynn
Female Author

USA
#26 | Posted: 14 Feb 2011 00:05
jools:
What about the 'Kilaharas' as an award

I like the idea of using the founders name some how.

How does the Ross Awards sound? Maybe a little tongue tied.

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#27 | Posted: 14 Feb 2011 00:19
Februs certainly did open up a can of worms with his question about having Library Oscar awards as there are many ways of doing that and everybody has a different opinion. I might as well throw in my 2 cents worth.

If we were to use the motion pictures Oscars as a guideline here would be my ideas:

The name "Oscar" comes from the first name of an actual person although there is some dispute as to who that person was. The equvalent name in the Library would obviously be "Ross".

Voting for the Oscars is limited to members of the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences; the general public votes for popularity by buying tickets. If we follow that method then only the Authors would be able to vote for the Ross. The reader's votes for popularity would be the number of views that the stories get.

There are 24 catagories in the Oscars. We don't have to have that exact number. The catagories that are currently in the Library Search engine would probably be the most approbriate.

In the Oscars the pictures released in a given year are eligible regardless of when the screenplays were written or when they were filmed. The equivalent in the Library would be when the stories were loaded.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#28 | Posted: 14 Feb 2011 00:29
British CP magazine Janus used to have a mythical award they called OBB, Order of the Burning Bot, where readers wrote in and nominated celebrities. Possibly that name could be altered for the Spanking Library Oscar.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#29 | Posted: 14 Feb 2011 05:00
The Rosses (plural of Ross)? That has a nice ring to it.

Goodgulf

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#30 | Posted: 14 Feb 2011 05:21
Another possibility, somewhat tongue in cheek, might be The Rosscars or Roscars.

Anyway, thanks to everyone so far for voicing their opinions and making suggestions. I don't think we necessarily have to emulate or copy the way the actual Oscars are organised etc, I really just used the name to illustrate the idea of having some way of formally acknowledging authors and their works of spanking fiction each year. So far, at least, I imagined that it would be authors themselves doing the nominating and voting with perhaps a couple of additional categories which could be nominated and voted on by anyone. Having said that, I could well change my mind when I've had the change to think about it further.

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 4
dogsp, dustinwin, raygirl36, Seegee, SlippersSting, Zedbront
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9