The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Spanking Fiction Oscars?

Page  Page 5 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5
Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#41 | Posted: 14 Feb 2011 20:45
This might be a bit late, but I was giving the idea some thought...

We could have broad categories - Workplace, School, Fantasy Setting, things like that. Then there could F/F, F/M, M/F, M/M, F/f, F/m categories. Each author could nominate up to three of his/her stories to be considered by "the academic" (the authors, the library staff, whoever) for each category. They pick the top 5 for each category.

So a story entitled "Harry Potter Spanks that Annoying Know It All While Ron Watches" could qualify under School, Fantasy, and m/f.

Once the nominees are decided on, we could open it to general voting.

Goodgulf

blimp
Male Author

England
#42 | Posted: 14 Feb 2011 21:35
Februs:
I do like a quiet life

And you employ Flopsy, Linda and PinkAngel?

opb
Author

CrimsonKidCK:
SSS newsgroup's summer Short Story Contest every year for over a decade but I don't take the competition/awards all that seriously--basically, if your story wins a category and you have $1.25 to go along with that award, you can get yourself a cup of coffee.)

What? $1.25!!! I've never seen a penny of this surely mythical treasure. I demand shall demand my winnings forthwith

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#44 | Posted: 15 Feb 2011 20:58
You need the reward AND $1.25 of your own money to get the coffee.

Goodgulf

rollin
Male Member

USA
#45 | Posted: 16 Feb 2011 18:48
What seems daunting to me about this idea is the sheer volume of stories published here in 2010. How could any nominating committee ever evaluate all this content fairly? Even if you left it to the general readership to nominate stories, with so many stories to choose from and so many differing tastes you'd never get the consensus that seems to build around the Oscars. Instead I think you'd have a huge spread with no clear agreement. I mean it seems like a good idea, but given the huge volume of stories from which to choose, as a practical matter how would you do it? I'd feel bad about "nominating" anything because I bet that I don't read 10% of what is posted here, and I might miss a very deserving gem. It's not that I wouldn't want to, I just don't have the time.

anitalynn
Female Author

USA
#46 | Posted: 16 Feb 2011 23:33
I agree with Kepheren. A library Oscars seems to be a very daunting and complicated endeavor and it seems that Frebus as nixed it for now anyway.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#47 | Posted: 17 Feb 2011 00:27
anitalynn:
I agree with Kepheren. A library Oscars seems to be a very daunting and complicated endeavor and it seems that Frebus as nixed it for now anyway.

Personally, I see it as relatively straightforward but apparently I'm the only one ...

anitalynn
Female Author

USA
#48 | Posted: 17 Feb 2011 01:04
Februs:
Personally, I see it as relatively straightforward but apparently I'm the only one ...

If you have a vision for a Library Oscars; then go for it. Everybody else will just have to catch up with you.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#49 | Posted: 17 Feb 2011 01:08
Goodgulf:
You need the reward AND $1.25 of your own money to get the coffee.

You haven't been to Starbucks lately have you? $1.25 won't buy you a cup of coffee. In fact, it will barely do as a tip.

Guy

Page  Page 5 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 14
carto75, Dane, DenseWall, Heroth, jwads, preston27, RickB26, Rickinto, tonydudney
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9