LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Spanking Fiction Oscars?

Page  Page 2 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»
edb
Male Author

Spain
#11 | Posted: 12 Feb 2011 14:13
I would think it likely that it would only be readers with low VCR's who would make nominations anyway, and I wouldn't like them to think they were being excluded from what Februs has quite rightly said should be taken as a bit of harmless fun.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#12 | Posted: 12 Feb 2011 16:52
What are the prizes? Surely there's no point to an Oscar unless we can all have pictures of someone cradling a piece of bad art while making a boring speech of false modesty and sycophancy? Or can we do better?

Maybe also we should have nominations for fictional characters in stories - e.g. Best Supporting Actress - PC Sally West.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 12 Feb 2011 17:07
barretthunter:
Surely there's no point to an Oscar unless we can all have pictures of someone cradling a piece of bad art while making a boring speech of false modesty and sycophancy?

As part of my Spanking Oscar campaign, I promise that, if I win, will absolutely cradle any bad piece of art anyone can come up with, give the most boring, most falsely modest and most syncophantic speech anyone has ever heard!

BUT... so as not to hijack this thread i will:

1) first concede to edb on his point about nominations by readers likely to come only from readers with low VCRs. And if allowing a reader with a high VCR to nominate gets him/her more involved on the site, that's a good thing. (just get me a list, so that I can start haranguing them)

2) say that barretthunter's suggestion for nominations for characters is an interesting one. If it were limited to four (Best F lead, best M lead, best F supporting, and best M supporting) it could provide another opportunity to recognize an important aspect of story-writing - character development.

3) might we then also want to have a category for Best Description of a Spanking, another important aspect of (spanking) story-writing?

edb
Male Author

Spain
#14 | Posted: 12 Feb 2011 17:52
I think it's a great idea to hold an Oscar's, and I have no wish to open up a 'can of worms', and being shy and retiring I am hesitant to raising a couple of thoughts.

I know the Oscars are yearly, but as this is the first one, if we only include entries from 2010 it will exclude many great stories from previous years as potential nominees.

Only stories written (not just submitted) in 2010 is rather vague and open to interpretation. For example, while I have written many of my stories and chapters since I joined the library, I have re-written others before posting here because I didn't feel they were up to the standard while others were not re-written because I felt they were good enough, and I know that others have intimated the same. Would a story, originally written pre 2010 but subsequently re-written in 2010 be eligible or not? The changes may be miniscule; on the other hand they may be substantive, thereby altering the story beyond recognition.

In view of the above I would suggest that for the 1st year only all stories in the library be eligible for nomination, with subsequent years for that year only.

One more thought and then I'll shut up; most readers will have recent stories uppermost in their minds, so the vast majority of nominations will most likely come from 2010 posts, but as a recent thread has said there are some gems from way back that are worth visiting.

Including them in being eligible for an Oscar seems like a good idea.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 12 Feb 2011 17:58
edb:
In view of the above I would suggest that for the 1st year only all stories in the library be eligible for nomination, with subsequent years for that year only.

How about this for an alternative suggestion - let's just have an 'Oscars' for 2010 stories first, simply to limit somewhat the number of stories that have to be considered. If it goes well, we can have a second 'retro' Oscars' for the the earlier stories before the end of the year (and before the 2011 Oscars). Looking at the Acquisitions history, it seems to divide the pre-2011 stories roughly in half.

One more thought on this. Since some of the older stories aren't read as much, having a separate contest would keep them from having to compete on an uneven footing with the newer stories.

As for the situation with your stories, I'd leave it to your judgment as to what you consider written in 2010 or not.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#16 | Posted: 13 Feb 2011 01:00
Do you think there should also be a category for best new author?...otherwise we newbies wouldn't stand a chance up against the many well experienced and established pros!

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#17 | Posted: 13 Feb 2011 04:48
I vote for jools suggestion! Only fair after all.

I would also recommend some other name for this annual award other than Oscar's. Already in use after all. So. Lets brainstorm some names.
The Spankos.
The CP's.
The Hot Red Bottoms.
The Swishy Canes.
The Golden Paddle.
The Ouchers.
The Bad Bottoms.

The twisted8's...........ick!!!!!!!!!! I've been contaminated by Rick!:*@(I)@%##. Excuse me while I go decon in a really good bottle of Merlot!

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#18 | Posted: 13 Feb 2011 05:13
Thanks for supporting my suggestion Twisted8.. I agree with you that the title of the award should definitely be spanko related Maybe even the trophy itself could resemble glowing red bottom-cheeks!!

edb
Male Author

Spain
#19 | Posted: 13 Feb 2011 08:39
If you want an alternative to the Oscar's, how about the 'Scarlet Globe Awards'

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 13 Feb 2011 08:52
twisted8:
The Ouchers.

edb:
'Scarlet Globe Awards'

It has to be one of these two.

twisted8:
I've been contaminated by Rick!:

I prefer to think of it as "inspired by Rick"

jools:
Do you think there should also be a category for best new author?...otherwise we newbies wouldn't stand a chance up against the many well experienced and established pros!

I think you are far too modest, not only for yourself, but for Janine, Aunt Carla, etc, etc. Nonetheless, I'd be hapy to include this category. What's the definition of 'new'? - first having a story posted here in 2010?

Page  Page 2 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 5
Dman2424, JanushPawlon, Pembridge06, Smachtai, vedapierceotk, westviking
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9