LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

How to wreck a fantasy

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
Eric
Male Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 27 Jun 2018 05:36
I am 3/4 of a century old, and lucky me I have a LOT of experience with adult spanking, on both ends of the paddle and other things.

So I am reading a story, and really getting into it, then an spanking either is about to happen or is happening. The paddle that is described is more of a club, and the number of swats way over the top. A couple of things here, first of all that is flesh you are beating on, and it can be damaged. Second, After so many swats they lose their effectiveness, the pain is no longer much of a factor. Third, even a punishment spanking between a couple stops way before brutality. Most spankings between couples are for fun (that does not mean the are not real) and after it is over we snuggle or chat or other things like that.

In short, I find that a lot of the stories here describe very far out situations, and it spoils the fantasy for me as I know this could not happen. I wish it were not always so. An example of a reasonable believable spanking is Saturninus's recent series "A Witsun Wedding," every spanking in there is within the bounds of reason and does not spoil the story.

I welcome other's opinions.

raisedkilt
Male Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 27 Jun 2018 10:15
Thank You Eric. I agree and thanks for recommending "A Witsun Wedding". Spanking is one thing, abuse is quite another. RK.

mj2001
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 27 Jun 2018 12:15
Eric:
In short, I find that a lot of the stories here describe very far out situations, and it spoils the fantasy for me as I know this could not happen.

As someone who's probably written some of the stories you're describing, I'll admit that's certainly a fair complaint. I try to stay moderately within the realm of reason unless it's intentionally meant to be so far over the top that no one would take it seriously (ex. my "Misogyny" series about a male-dominated community that beats the women early and often for the slightest provocation). But I guess maybe we tend towards appealing to the readers looking for 50 swats in lieu of a more realistic number.

And it's certainly not confined to the paddle either; there are caning and other stories that do the same. Or spankings that literally seem to go on forever.

Personally, what strikes me as implausible are stories when too many implements are used, particularly when it involves parental discipline. I can see warming them up with a hand spanking before finishing with another implement; that happens an untold number of times every day around the world. And I can grant that sometimes a third device might be used to finish things off. But when they lurch from the hand to the slipper to the hairbrush to the paddle to the switch... it just doesn't seem believable that a parent would routinely rely on 4+ implements for corporal punishment (adults playing is something entirely different). There aren't that many out there, but when I come across one I have the same reaction you do about excessive paddling.

Thanks for the reminder to think about what we're writing.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 27 Jun 2018 19:10
It can be difficult sometimes to decide what is realistic and what is not, what is severe as opposed to brutal. I really don't have a lot of trouble with for example domestic discipline stories that feature what might seem like an overly harsh spanking, switching, hairbrushing, whatever. That has occurred in r/l; there are old timers out there who would attest to that. Not that of course we approve of that in r/l non consensual situations.
On the other hand I have trouble with so many prison/ judicial stories; they often cross the line over into brutal beatings and whippings. In other words, torture.
Good point made about paddles. Indeed some of the fraternity type paddles are more like clubs;a story that has 50 swats with one of them would seem unrealistic. i try in my stories to describe the paddles used as lighter, thinner ones, more along the line of paddle ball or ping pong paddles. There are different sorts of paddles just as there are different types of canes. The cane used in British schools is not the one used in Singapore prisons even though they are both called canes.

tyrport
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 28 Jun 2018 01:08
Always a problem balancing fantasy and realism. In real life the number of spanks may be high, but the relative power behind each stroke may be much less. I've done drumming where I used a cane on a bottom for over an hour straight and there were 24 or so hard strokes with the rest being a continuous light beat that stings but doesn't welt. On the other hand I have a stainless steel paddle and more than four or five would cause bruising problems.
I never know where to draw the line in my writing, but I've seen scenes much more extreme than anything on this this site.

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#6 | Posted: 30 Jun 2018 15:02
Eric i am just a reader not a author, however the way i see it is that the wonderful stories here on LSF are like a lavish chocolate selection box, there are flavours, textures and preferences for all concerned, from the most mild and subtle through to the bitter and dark.

I in no way wish to sound discourteous but the simple mantra if it not to your taste then do not read it might apply, that is a philosophy i myself follow, each author puts their creative ideas in written form, i for one would not wish any author to change their direction even if story type is not to my liking.

Your statement of "this could not happen" i disagree as in lot of real life it does and has, plus of course, this is a spanking fiction site, everything can happen (as long as it meets LSF set boundaries), in fiction reality is what you wish it to be, be that a way out there extreme flogging, down to a supposed domestic disciplinary otk 2 swat hand spanking on a bottom clad in thick jeans, which could be described as erotic but to me is not spanking as such.

Eric the above is just my personal opinion, and here is hoping when i reach 3/4 of a century i will have your keen interest in matters of a cp kind.

Eric
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 30 Jun 2018 22:52
RosieCheeks, Thank you for the snarky lecture. You go ahead and take your 200 swats with a club. Your cheeks won't be Rosie they'll be a bloody pulp.

yankee
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 1 Jul 2018 01:22
I am in agreement Eric. Beatings and brutal punishment do not belong in my fantasies or real time. Aside I have not reached 3/4. but close behind, Regards.

Vinsanity
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 1 Jul 2018 01:45
I just want to start off saying I don't disagree with you. Or rather I understand where you're coming from. We all have our own preferences when it comes to our fantasies. If you prefer your situations to be more on the realistic side, that's totally fine. And if they are it's easy to see why those pet peeves your mentioned take you out of a story. But for some those unrealistic swats are why we enjoy certain stories. We're aware that this situation can't really happen in real life, but that's why it's a fantasy. I hope I'm not coming off as combative or anything, just throwing my opinion out there.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 1 Jul 2018 05:48
tyrport:
On the other hand I have a stainless steel paddle and more than four or five would cause bruising problems.
I never know where to draw the line in my writing, but I've seen scenes much more extreme than anything on this this site.

Well, presumably a stainless steel paddle would have no 'give' in it at all, so the spanker would have to have considerable expertise and self-control. (However, it would work fine for Wonder Woman paddling She-Hulk's naked buttcheeks, I'm figuring.)

By all accounts--yes, I realize that some claimed severe RL spankees on the internet may actually be posting fantasies, yet I'm doubtful that all of them are--there are RL spanking recipients who endure and even enjoy extremely lengthy and intensive ass-thrashings with multiple implements.

In a fictional story, there are numerous factors which could influence how severe a spanking any particular character would be able to undergo without serious physical damage, including his/her past experience as such a punishment recipient and his/her physical toughness and stamina.

Also, a proficient spanker can make an extended chastisement hurt wickedly and still avoid physically damaging his/her victim's posterior to any significant long-term degree.

As a writer (when I'm not 'blocked' anyway), sometimes I'm just feeling like giving my (usually male) protagonist an extremely thorough bare-bottom blistering from my (always female) disciplinarian(s)--even if it ends up being somewhat unrealistic in its severity, after all it's merely a fantasy so only a fictional character in a made-up account is being spanked that intensively.

Another point to consider is that I personally identify most closely with my spanked characters, as many authors seem to--thus when I describe a preteen boy getting a "red-assed shellacking" from his teenage female babysitter, I'm primarily identifying with that very well-chastised young fellow, not his feminine disciplinarian.

Of course, no Library member is required to read any stories which he/she is uncomfortable with and/or offended by...

--C.K.

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 2 : Guests - 11
caner2214, spanki1962
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9