How to wreck a fantasy

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4
kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#31 | Posted: 11 Jul 2018 22:39
Eric:
I stopped checking this when the haters showed up,

I truly hope you are counting me in that category because I really do HATE when a guy old enough to know better pounces on a woman who did nothing but POLITELY offer her opinion.

Now I know Rosie is quite capable of taking care of herself, and I am certainly not appointing myself her unsolicited protector, but your attack on her and accusations of her lecturing you were ungentlemanly at best. THAT'S what irked me enough to jump in and I have no regrets that I did. You call us 'haters'? I think you have a misogynist streak that would make you a much better candidate for that category. So while you sarcastically claim you don't need someone to tell you the obvious, here's an obvious one you must have missed: 'a gentleman does not attack innocent ladies.'

(But, you know...... even without picking on a lady.......your 'experience-based' opinions on what is or is not a realistic or non-abusive spanking make me doubt whether there actually IS 'experience' backing them up, and I like to point out BS when I see it.)

Spankedjenny
Female Validater

USA
#32 | Posted: 12 Jul 2018 05:05
I just have to jump in and thank kdpierre because he has voiced, and much more eloquently than could I, my same feelings about Eric's attack on Rosie. Call me a 'hater' if you will, and I don't know Eric and I am sure he's a fine person, I just take umbrage at his treatment of Rosie on this thread.

brodiejlb
Male Author

England
#33 | Posted: 12 Jul 2018 11:07
I went to a pub the other day which offered "traditional English fare" and I selected from the menu steak pie and chips. The pastry was golden brown, the gravy thick and rich and the steak firm but tender, the chips were crisp on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside, just how I like them. As I came to the end of the pie I bit into an acid hot jalapeno chilli. Quite spoilt the meal for me. Now if I were to post this on the Perfect Pies Forum, I don't think that I would find replies telling me 'that's just your opinion' or 'if you don't like it don't eat it' particularly constructive. I know it's my opinion because I wrote it and the point was that I was eating it and liking it and finding it particularly satisfying until I was ambushed by the unexpected heat bomb.

Similarly if I see a story titled "Tessie's Bad Day at School" I think it understandable that I am expecting it to end with six of the best or a nice slippering, on the bare bottom perhaps even though that wouldn't happen in real life. I wouldn't be expecting the girl's backside to be flogged to a bloody pulp. If I had wanted that I would have looked for a story labelled "Tessa's Bad Day with a Sadistic Psychopath".

I think that is Eric's point. It certainly was never about true to life stories otherwise he never would have mention "A Whitsun Wedding" which must be one of the most unreal, plain bonkers, stories ever put on the library shelves.

Perhaps Eric was a little tetchy in his reaction to the responses. I don't know the word 'snarky' myself but it sounds like an irritating itch as in 'I woke up this morning with snarky bollocks and I can't stop scratching'.

Still, tetchy or not, it did give KDP (doesn't that resound with echoes of JCVD for Jean-Claud Van Damme?) the opportunity to reprise his always entertaining Don Quixote role and ride his charger to the Lady's rescue with one of his marvellously over the top tirades.

On the subject of realism, I remember the photographs in the Court Lees case shown in colour in the Sunday Times of what six of the real best could do (they were a lot gorier than those inflicted at my own school). Multiply that by, say, ten and it would provide an image which I certainly wouldn't want to take with me from "Tessa's Bad Day at School".

curioserto
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#34 | Posted: 12 Jul 2018 12:39
brodiejlb:
I don't know the word 'snarky' myself but it sounds like an irritating itch as in 'I woke up this morning with snarky bollocks and I can't stop scratching'.

My dictionary says that snarky is a north american informal word meaning snide and sharply critical. I hope your bollocks forgive you Brodiejib

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#35 | Posted: 12 Jul 2018 17:32
Spankedjenny:
I just have to jump in and thank kdpierre

You're quite welcome, Jenny. I would have a LOT more to say about this particular topic, but I am going to keep it to myself because I think it would offend more people than just Eric. However, I think I made my main point and that's good enough for now. And thank you for the acknowledgement. Sometimes when I intervene on someone's behalf uninvited, the person takes it as some slight that I must think they can't take care of themselves. And I know that is not the case with Rosie...... or probably any of the ladies here. It's just a 'guy thing'........or at least I thought it was.

brodiejlb:
Still, tetchy or not, it did give KDP (doesn't that resound with echoes of JCVD for Jean-Claud Van Damme?) the opportunity to reprise his always entertaining Don Quixote role and ride his charger to the Lady's rescue with one of his marvellously over the top tirades.

"Why, thank you," he replies, deeply bowing Cyrano-like, with a sweeping flourish of his ostrich plumed hat.

(It's how I was raised......well maybe not the over-the-top tirades part, but definitely the 'standing up for someone who has been unfairly attacked' part.)

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#36 | Posted: 12 Jul 2018 21:15
I want to say sorry to the readers for my part in this thread debate getting unpleasant, i however am not apologising for my opinions expressed to Eric.

kdpierre this lady happily accepted the fine Gentleman on his white charger defending her, in no way did i or would i take it as a slight, so thank you kind Sir.

Note to self when someone writes "i welcome others opinions", it is distinct possiblity they don't.

Talk of hate we can do without that, Love is the answer, whatever the question

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#37 | Posted: 12 Jul 2018 21:48
RosieCheeks:
kdpierre this lady happily accepted the fine Gentleman on his white charger defending her, in no way did i or would i take it as a slight, so thank you kind Sir.

You're quite welcome, milady.

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#38 | Posted: 16 Jul 2018 11:05
RosieCheeks:
I want to say sorry to the readers for my part in this thread debate getting unpleasant, i however am not apologising for my opinions expressed to Eric.

Nor should you, Rosie.

As for 'exaggerated', 'unrealistic' and suchlike adjectives - as ever, generalisations are pointless. What seems excessive to one person (giving or receiving) may be perfectly acceptable and even desirable to another. Case in point: earlier this year, my lovely French girlfriend asked me (yes, she asked me) to give her 50 spanks with each of 50 implements of her choice from my collection. The ones she chose weren't by any means all the mildest, and I was to administer them suitably hard. And this after a good long hand-spanking by way of warm-up; I didn't count, but probably about 200 strokes.

So altogether she received somewhere around 2,700 spanks, spread across some two hours; we took a short break after each 10 implements. She loved it and was hugely turned on (as was I). Her bottom was slightly bruised for the next day or two, but there was no broken skin - it's something I always try to avoid.

Please note - this is not fiction.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#39 | Posted: 18 Jul 2018 21:39
brodiejlb:
I went to a pub the other day which offered "traditional English fare" and I selected from the menu steak pie and chips. The pastry was golden brown, the gravy thick and rich and the steak firm but tender, the chips were crisp on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside, just how I like them. As I came to the end of the pie I bit into an acid hot jalapeno chilli. Quite spoilt the meal for me. Now if I were to post this on the Perfect Pies Forum, I don't think that I would find replies telling me 'that's just your opinion' or 'if you don't like it don't eat it' particularly constructive. I know it's my opinion because I wrote it and the point was that I was eating it and liking it and finding it particularly satisfying until I was ambushed by the unexpected heat bomb.

So in this hypothetical case, you would've been a clearcut victim of blatantly false advertising, since "traditional English fare" wouldn't include any "acid hot jalapeno chilli," would it?

However, are there that many Library stories which explicitly claim to involve only 'moderate' and/or 'realistically appropriate' corporal correction? As a reader you might assume, based on a particular story's setting, plot line and/or characterizations, that a certain type of spanking will be administered within it, yet there's no guarantee of your assumptions being accurate for any given story.

These are fictional accounts, after all, and some of them undoubtedly involve fantasies of quite severe chastisements which might arguably be unrealistic for their described situations, meaning that there's no reason to expect punitive realism within them. Also, let's not forget that even in real life, there are numerous spanking recipients who can endure, and even sometimes desire, extremely severe bare-assed blisterings.

Of course, a reader is free to remark on a specific story's perceived degree of credibility in its "comments" section, but obviously an author may or may not be influenced by those remarks. (Personally, I do attempt to respond to specific commentary on my stories via 'pop-up' messages to those readers who've made them, yet I still might not be influenced by their comments in my future writing.)

That's my analysis anyway...

--C.K.

brodiejlb
Male Author

England
#40 | Posted: 18 Jul 2018 23:10
CrimsonKidCK:
However, are there that many Library stories which explicitly claim to involve only 'moderate' and/or 'realistically appropriate' corporal correction? As a reader, you might assume, based on a story's setting, plot line and/or characterizations, that a certain type of spanking will be administered within it, yet there's no guarantee of your assumptions being accurate for any given account.

Absolutely right, CK, but the fact is that, unless we are going to read everything that appears on the board, we select the stories which we think might appeal to us and part of that selection process is the title under which the story appears. If a story is titled 'A Visit to Lady Cruella Dominatrix' we would probably be prepared for, if not actually expecting and hoping for, something rather more severe than in poor 'Tessie's Bad Day at School'.

Similarly if I pick " Little Billy gets his Bottom Smacked" and I'm chuckling while Little Billy trots home jumping into puddles and getting his brand new clothes mucky and thinking "What Ho! Isn't his Mum going to give him what for when he gets home' - I don't think it unreasonable if I'm a little disappointed when the 'what for' turns out to be Little Billy's bottom getting reduced to a bloody pulp when his six foot tall leather clad mother smack's it with a two in thick brass studded paddle.

In neither case am I remotely suggesting that the story be banned or removed from the library or that the hypothetical author should not produce their stories under any title that he or she wishes to. I am simply saying that for me the fantasy is ruined.

Incidentally, CK, when I posted my complaint on Perfect Pies Forum, I didn't get any comments telling me that it was only my opinion or if I didn't like it don't eat it. But I got plenty of replies telling me that with the introduction of fusion cuisine "Traditional English Fare" could include all sorts of exotica from Icelandic fermented whale blubber to Australian Witchetty Grubs. Looks like we all make assumptions.

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 9
Bevier, Ingen, vanillayes
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9