LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Autobiographical Inspiration.

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
mobile_carrot
Male Author

England
#11 | Posted: 9 Sep 2013 09:08
None of my stories are "true" in the sense that they actually happened as described to that character - or, if told in the first person, that the character was me. However they may be based on historical realities - such as the day corporal punishment was finally banned in UK schools, or on true stories I've read or been told (though I doubt the veracity of some of the "true stories" I read on the internet!). I did research the history of the town of Berwick-on-Tweed for one story to make the purely fictional ancient school and its founder which I located there sound convincing.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#12 | Posted: 9 Sep 2013 11:01
None of my stories are autobiographical, but they are filled with details from real life: things I have seen or heard; places I have been; people I have met; fantasies I have had (that's real life, isn't it?); episodes I remember etc. Many of my characters are loosely based on one or two persons I have met, but with a few exceptions I don't think they would recognize themselves. Usually, they just serve as a starting point for getting the story started — the inspiration being what a person like them would do or feel in a certain situation.

ernalones
Male Author

Denmark
#13 | Posted: 9 Sep 2013 11:21
My first story starts out with a RL experience. But from the moment it turns into a spanking story it is pure fiction.
My latest story also originates in a RL incident and again the spanking part of it is pure fiction.
ernalones

Guy
Male Author

USA
#14 | Posted: 9 Sep 2013 12:56
For me anyhow, some RL is simply too personal to ever be included in my stories. My children and my wife need have no fear of being featured in any intimate way in any of my stories.

My own childhood experiences I consider to be fair game. Several of my stories feature real characters and settings from that part of my life. My two "Gym" stories are examples that use the gym and staff from my elementary school, although I doubt if the characters would recognize themselves. First, they are unlikely to still be alive. Second, they are unlikely to have seen themselves the way a very young Guy saw them. Third, my memory from that period is not to be totally trusted! The events in those stories are fictional.

Even though our wonderful staff stress that this is the Library of Spanking Fiction, two of my stories, "School Remembrances" and "A Bottom-Watchers Paradise" are fairly straight descriptions of real events. But again, I have tweaked and glossed over enough detail to disguise both the setting and the actors.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#15 | Posted: 9 Sep 2013 17:02
Several of my stories are about actual spanking experiences and how I felt about them or the situation surrounding them. My main interest in writing stories of this kind....regardless of the degree to which they are real or fictional.....is to accurately deal with the feelings associated with being an adult who gets spanked.

For the record, "The Confession", "Simplicity", & "Double-dare" are almost entirely autobiographical with very few changes from the actual event.

Kia
Female Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 10 Sep 2013 02:47
Alef:
None of my stories are autobiographical, but they are filled with details from real life: things I have seen or heard; places I have been; people I have met; fantasies I have had (that's real life, isn't it?)

I find I often do the same- twisting things from real life just enough to protect the innocent (or not-so-innocent). I've found that the more directly I can incorporate real elements, the more popular the story tends to be- perhaps because it is easier to create something believable and intriguing when describing a treasured memory (spiced up with a fabricated fantasy).

rachelredbum
Female Author

USA
#17 | Posted: 10 Sep 2013 03:08
None of my stories are autobiographical. Several of them are based on real life incidents. Most of them contain some aspect of my real life experiences, such as being in university, living where I do now and where I used to live, as well as hobbies and interest. Very few of them are purely made up, When they are, I do a bit of research to make sure that I do not make too many errors

opb
Male Author

England
#18 | Posted: 10 Sep 2013 08:58
I've often thought that there is a higher proportion of frustrated non-spankers here in the realm of spanking fiction than on other websites less overtly based on fictional accounts.

My theory is that those who would like their lives to be filled with more (any) hand-on-bottom action will gravitate to a place where the subject matter is fiction and fantasy as that is where their own experience mostly lies.

Clearly there's a whole range of real-life inspiration in stories, from the narration of actual events as kdpierre describes all the way to perhaps just an observed scene which is then re-imagined to involve other elements like spanking, or spanking, or spanking or even something straight our of the imagination, though even then we could contend that something has sparked that idea in the author's mind, and the source of that something.

As an example may I refer to the story Briefs Encounter? Even though it's told in the first person it's obvious where the inspiration comes from. The original story was of unconsummated love rather than unconsummated spanking - an easy transition to make for this genre - but what does it tell us about the author? That he actually sat on a train station once and helped a mystery subbie woman? That he did something similar? Or perhaps that he observes women with nice bottoms and muses about them and their spankability? I shall let you decide that one.

Of course, any writing will perforce contain something of the writer, and, indeed of the reader, as both play a part in the process. For this reason when we read a story we learn not just about the writer and the perceived writer's life, but also something about ourselves, and we can often see glimpses of ourselves reflected from behind the bars of fiction.

mobile_carrot
Male Author

England
#19 | Posted: 10 Sep 2013 10:09
Thanks opb - as I wrote the only story in the library entitled "Briefs Encounter" I'll let you in on the source of inspiration. I was at a writing group where we did an exercise where each person drew out slips of paper with a random character, scenario and activity from bowls and had to then compose a short piece based on what they had found. One of the options which wasn't taken up was a dominatrix and a railway station and I decided I was probably the only person in the world prepared and able to write a story featuring a trainspotting dominatrix. So I did.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#20 | Posted: 10 Sep 2013 10:09
Some of my stories are based on real places or real myths. KLSF Party at the Spanker Inn is based on a real place 'The Spanker Inn' in 'Spanker Lane' UK and the myths surrounding the actual place and how the Spanker Inn got its name are incorporated in the story. Also my story Mooning in Butt Hole Rd is based on a real road in Connisburgh UK. Sadly, over time, it was renamed Archers Way! Oh the shame!!! In many of my stories I have bits of the real me and bits of my pets!!! Look for stories featuring ditsy blondes and hyperactive hairy hounds!! My belief is that small snippets of reality are anchor-points for our fictitious worlds and only serve to enhance its credibility!!! xx

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 5
jimisim, ogard, oxford, snowyowl779
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9