The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Comments on Challenge

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 17 Jan 2013 23:39
I will invariably send a message to a commenter, except in the circumstance where I tell them "in person," in the chatroom. I consider it the polite thing to do. It has also, upon occasion, precipitated an interesting conversation, or even a friendship. But Guy is right - there are many authors who will never respond for the reasons he mentions, all of which have nothing to do with being impolite.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#12 | Posted: 18 Jan 2013 00:37
I have a little bit of difference in commenting my comments. If they comment, fine, if not, it is also fine. Sometimes a comment might not need a return comment. Maybe because there was not much said about the story. A few years ago, my comments were longer than the actual story. Now, my comments are very short. If someone feels that my comments needs a reply, so be it. I always appreciate a return response and there are times that I actually ask a question so that a response is needed. Some authors have lots and lots of stories with many comments. It is possible that there might not be enough time to respond to every comment. All one can do is to do the best one can.

graypeterpaul
Male Member

England
#13 | Posted: 18 Jan 2013 01:21
As a low-profile member, not yet having contributed a story, it took me some time to realise that my comments on other people's offerings were considered valuable. Now you can't shut me up. Mostly, I like to relate what I read to events in my personal life, or events I would love to encounter in my personal life. Or suggestions on where the story might go next. 'Nice story' or 'enjoyed that' don't seem worthwhile. I try to avoid negative remarks, though I did recently have a go at some editorial failings. Then again, I set out to praise some new offerings, but decided not to comment on one piece of out-and-out illiteracy — what's the point?
Gratitude is not expected. If I comment, I liked the story. As I usually do — many thanks to all the imaginative and inventive writers who knock themselves out to give pleasure to the rest of us. Replies can be problematic, especially when I have to dig back through two months to find what I said. Perhaps njrick can give me some education on how to kick these things around in the chatroom.

ordalie
Female Member

France
#14 | Posted: 18 Jan 2013 06:48
barretthunter:
Having worked bit by bit through comments on my last challenge stories, I've JUST finished responding to all of them.

Well, responding to every comment? That's a tall order! I never expected the poor authors to deal with that chore.!

tysout
Male Author

Scotland
#15 | Posted: 18 Jan 2013 07:44
No comment.

blimp
Male Author

England
#16 | Posted: 18 Jan 2013 10:28
gail:
Threatened by some, hounded by others...but seldom thanked. So, thanks for your thanks, blimp - it's much appreciated!

I guess I should now comment on one of your stories in return ?

gail.

Don't worry I know what it is like to feel hounded!! Ever since I have been a regular here someone has been making my life a misery. I have even tried bribing her with crisps but it doesn't work!!

Of course you are most welcome to comment Gail especially as I have thanked you in advance!

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#17 | Posted: 18 Jan 2013 10:48
graypeterpaul:
Replies can be problematic, especially when I have to dig back through two months to find what I said.

Februs has added a clever feature to the comment reply window whereby the reader's original comment can be cut and pasted onto the reply. This helps remind the reader what he or she said about the story! It is a very nifty feature indeed!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 18 Jan 2013 12:23
blimp:
I have even tried bribing her with crisps but it doesn't work!!

My friend, it only encourages her!

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#19 | Posted: 18 Jan 2013 12:36
njrick

Oi!! 'Her' has a name, several actually

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 18 Jan 2013 13:30
PinkAngel:
'Her' has a name, several actually

Yes, and you should hear the ones blimp calls you.

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 4
alfent, danjackson84, freewilly, mobblers, sagitarius
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9