LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Comments on Challenge

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
barretthunter
Male Author

England
#1 | Posted: 17 Jan 2013 10:19
A modest celebration is in order. Having worked bit by bit through comments on my last challenge stories, I've JUST finished responding to all of them. That'll teach me to make multiple entries, as the bishop said to the actress. Interesting, though.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 17 Jan 2013 14:59
You're a better man than I, BH, I'm waaaay behind on that. (ps--what's that actress' phone number?)

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#3 | Posted: 17 Jan 2013 15:00
barretthunter:
the bishop said to the actress

Perhaps you should put that bishop into your next story (and the actress, of course)?

tamlynn
Male Member

Canada
#4 | Posted: 17 Jan 2013 17:00
I commented on all 94 stories submitted and was wondering where some of the stories came from as I didn't recall them. Better late than never! I guess I should check to see who won. Good show Barretthunter.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 17 Jan 2013 17:19
We often speak of people making comments on stories after they're read. I comment on every story I read, and always leave something to make the author proud of their work. However, I've made comments where I've never received one thank you from the author. I just wanted to say that the comment thing works both ways people. How about a thanks once in a while for reading stories over 3,000 words or more and serials to boot? I believe these people know who they are. Still, I'll continue to comment. I would say 98 percent out of 100 thank me.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#6 | Posted: 17 Jan 2013 19:19
Sometimes, but rarely, I will quit commenting on a particular author for a couple of weeks if I get no response. I then go back to commenting regardless just because I like commenting. I guess the main joy for me is the commenting regardless of the writers response, but at the same time some little note is appreciated.

I would also like to extend an apology to any commenter who wrote a comment on one of my stories and I missed responding. I beg forgiveness and promise to try harder next time.

I do think like Bendover states, 98 out of 100 are excellent. I also think that sometimes my comment may not be worth responding to...LOL

CS

Guy
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 17 Jan 2013 20:21
bendover:
However, I've made comments where I've never received one thank you from the author.

Don't forget that some authors aren't even members here, and others may be inactive, gone on to other pursuits, or even deceased. Therefore, an author may never see your comment. Fortunately, comments aren't just for the author! Many people read them because it helps them decide which story to read. Many of my comments are addressed to the prospective reader more than to the author.

However, if you really like receiving "thank you" notes, then send lots of comments to that Guy Spencer fellow. I hear he responds to very nearly 100% of his comments.

Guy

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 17 Jan 2013 21:00
Up until last spring I replied to every comment on every story.

Then I hit a time crunch.

Now, while I'm hundreds of comments behind, I still intend to reply to each and every comment. I've saved all the comment notifications and when I have time there will be a flood of replies.

Goodgulf

blimp
Male Author

England
#9 | Posted: 17 Jan 2013 21:44
To thank or not to thank! That is the question! On the one hand I appreciate good manners and think people should be thanked and on the other hand I am a bit inclined to be lazy! So it is a constant inner battle and laziness usually wins! Anyway if it's not too late let me thank everyone who hasn't been thanked recently!

gail
Female Author

Canada
#10 | Posted: 17 Jan 2013 22:24
blimp:
Anyway if it's not too late let me thank everyone who hasn't been thanked recently!

Threatened by some, hounded by others...but seldom thanked. So, thanks for your thanks, blimp - it's much appreciated!

I guess I should now comment on one of your stories in return ?

gail.

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 2 : Guests - 6
EpicGamer, ReaDia
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9