The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Comments on Challenge

Page  Page 3 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
blimp
Male Author

England
#21 | Posted: 18 Jan 2013 13:59
njrick:
Yes, and you should hear the ones blimp calls you.

Only nice names of course!! There is Her Pinkness, Your Pinkness or even more dramatically O Pinkness!! Her Angelness for when she is being helpful (rarely used)!! Or there is the less formal "Oi Pinkie!!" I suppose one could address her by her formal title of Deputy Assistant Head Librarian! Whatever I do call her will be wrong so I don't know why I bother trying to be nice as it's not appreciated anyway!! More crisps Your Pinkness?

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#22 | Posted: 26 Jan 2013 21:25
I agree with graypeterpaul: I personally don't think it's worth commenting on every story and prefer to have something to say, preferably positive. I am not going to write "This is a boring, predictable story." However, anyone who posts that about one of my stories will get a reply...

In working through the challenge entries particularly, I may find there's two or more from one person posted at much the same time, in which case I may cover them all in one reply.

Most certainly the comments ARE appreciated.

By the way, if anyone thinks I've been a bit slow responding to this - my computer died and I was computerless for best part of a week. Interesting experience.

lvancisic1
Female Author

USA
#23 | Posted: 18 Feb 2013 19:31
I've responded to many comments and in so doing often invite further correspondence with the commenter. I never seem to hear back though. Am I looking in all the wrong places or is it possible that so many people who have commented favorably on a number of my stories have no interest in speaking further. Is someone willing to write to me and help me figure out what's happening.

rachelredbum
Female Author

USA
#24 | Posted: 19 Feb 2013 01:28
i must admit that I do not often reply to comments made on my stories. I hope no one things i am ungrateful because I certainly am, even for the ones that I think are wrongheaded.

lvancisic1:
Is someone willing to write to me and help me figure out what's happening.

I use the chatroom if I want to have extended conversations with people rather than the popup system.

mati
Female Member

Germany
#25 | Posted: 19 Feb 2013 10:35
lvancisic1:
Am I looking in all the wrong places or is it possible that so many people who have commented favorably on a number of my stories have no interest in speaking further. Is someone willing to write to me and help me figure out what's happening

I tend to comment more on challenge stories and if the challenge is over I receive a flood of "thank you"-messages at one time. That makes it hard to start further private discussion as my time is limited and often stories are really nice and enjoyable, but I have nothing to say about them.

But I would like to have more discussions on stories who received a lot of comments, are perceived controversial, have a new or original approach and so on. The comments are more a one-way-channel to one specific author. It would be nice to have more debates on the forum, don't know why that happens so rarely. Perhaps because nobody is just starting a topic or everybody is afraid to be a "self-plugger" if he/she points out some intersting points and gives examples out of specific stories or doesn't want to be critical.

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#26 | Posted: 19 Feb 2013 18:57
I have not participated in any challenges yet and have only submitted one story so far. I was so excited and so appreciative of all the well-thought-out comments I received that I have tried to send at least a "thank you for your comment" message back to each person. I have had several conversations via pop-up messages as a result, which really helped me feel a part of this group.

Now that I know how valuable they are, I try to comment on most of the stories I read, but not always on short poems and songs or on every installment of a serial.

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#27 | Posted: 10 Mar 2013 19:51
canadianspankee:
I would also like to extend an apology to any commenter who wrote a comment on one of my stories and I missed responding. I beg forgiveness and promise to try harder next time.

CS, you have never failed to acknowledge a comment I've written. You are very conscientious. There are a number of authors who are not as thoughtful.
islandcarol

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#28 | Posted: 10 Mar 2013 19:56
Goodgulf:
Then I hit a time crunch.

When I first joined the site, it never occurred to me an author might not have the time to write and acknowledge comments. Now, I totally understand your dilemma, Goodgulf. I think your readers would much rather have you submit another story rather than spend time responding to comments.
islandcarol

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#29 | Posted: 10 Mar 2013 20:03
On the last challenge I got comment greedy and submitted two stories. It took me days to respond to almost 50 comments. From here on I'm a one story at a time woman.
Islandcarol

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#30 | Posted: 10 Mar 2013 20:23
islandcarol:
When I first joined the site, it never occurred to me an author might not have the time to write and acknowledge comments.

The backlog has grown to almost a year now and I have yet to find time to reply to the backlog...

I'm thinking of ignoring the backlog and just starting to reply to new comments.

Goodgulf

Page  Page 3 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 4
chris37, nick2911, tarzan, theo54
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9