The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

'Through The Keyhole' Story Challenge' 2012

Page  Page 3 of 15: «« 1 2 3 4 5  ... 11 12 13 14 15 »»
jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#21 | Posted: 19 Sep 2012 05:49
bendover:
It can't really have every paragraph with a spanking in it. And I know someone out there will say or ask - Why not? just for the fun of it. Most will be descriptive data and character data. Finally the next 7 to 8 paragraphs before the end will be the punishment. To me it simply becomes boring no matter how well an author writes.

I actually disagree with you there! IF the entire story, or every few paragraphs was dedicated to spanking descriptions, THAT would be immensely boring. For me the spanking has to have a well rounded context as well as a well rounded backside to make it appealing! Now that doesn't mean that the story should ramble on and on with pointless descriptions, but characterisation and an interesting plot are JUST as important as the juicily described spanking, in my opinion. In many cases a spanking at, or near, the end of a story is perfectly placed as it is often the climactic point of the narrative before the final resolution is reached. So, in my opinion, it is most often the perfect positioning for the spanking to occur. Now, if EVERY paragraph, or every second paragraph was dedicated to spanking it would be as boring as reading a romance novel that has a sex scene on every second page. (This is one of the main complaints about the 50 Shades novels!) This is not only unrealistic but far too repetitive. The same is true for spanking fiction with TOO MUCH spanking!!! hahaha

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#22 | Posted: 19 Sep 2012 16:15
Just to clarify in case anyone isn't sure - collaborative writing is not allowed for the story challenges, nor is sending your work on to anyone else for review/editing - as that wouldn't be fair on the other participants, nor would it represent a challenge to the individual.
Also, we do ask that people don't tell anyone else the title(s) of their story.
Thanks, flopsy

rollin
Male Member

USA
#23 | Posted: 19 Sep 2012 17:55
I just counted and I have used the plot device of a person secretly observing another character receiving a spanking no less than 8 times in 8 different stories over the last 3 years. The most recent was "It Was a Very Good Year". Can't we get some kind of advance warning on what the contests are going to be so we don't publish our best stuff prematurely?( LOL---I know you don't know, flopsy, but I'm kicking myself nonetheless!)

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#24 | Posted: 19 Sep 2012 18:01
I think it is good discipline to be required to write just occasionally with an upper limit. It encourages economy of style. There is no such limit on normal submissions so I think this challenge is a great idea.

PS I've already completed a story and it is well within the limit! (I always was the modest type)

bendover
Male Author

USA
#25 | Posted: 19 Sep 2012 18:55
rollin:
Can't we get some kind of advance warning on what the contests are going to be so we don't publish our best stuff prematurely?

I was kicking myself with the last challenge. Mine was The Will and it would have been perfect. It doesn't bother me though. I just write another. It's fun none the less.

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#26 | Posted: 20 Sep 2012 03:18
Another idea for a contest in the future is a story challenge with a minimum number of words such as 6,000, 8,000 or 10,000 words. That is even a harder challenge than a maximum number. Of course there would be fewer entries but they would take longer to read so it would average out.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#27 | Posted: 20 Sep 2012 04:32
It sounds like this is a theme that our authors are well-familiar with, which should lead to some excellent entries.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#28 | Posted: 22 Sep 2012 18:13
I've explored this theme a bit in a group of stories called "Unexpected Witness". Note that only the theme links these stories - no characters repeat. That's why they are a group and not an series or unordered series.

I'll see if I can find the time to come up with a new plot for the contest.

Goodgulf

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#29 | Posted: 23 Sep 2012 12:32
One question about the theme-does the observation have to be by sight, or can the considerably more believable overhearing count.
If unexpectedly overhearing a spanking is acceptable then I shall write, but not if it is restricted to sight.

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#30 | Posted: 23 Sep 2012 14:26
jimisim:
One question about the theme-does the observation have to be by sight, or can the considerably more believable overhearing count.

Hope so Jimi otherwise my story won't qualify

Page  Page 3 of 15: «« 1 2 3 4 5  ... 11 12 13 14 15 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 5
FiddlersGreen, insonia, janinda, jerry333, ogard, snowyowl779
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9