The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / LSF News /

Reversing the Comments slide

Page  Page 7 of 12: «« 1 2  ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »»
Guy
Male Author

USA
#61 | Posted: 25 Nov 2010 23:30
Caleb:
When Adam and I used to post our stories online we had the same problem. It wasn't that hard to click a button and say "nice job" but no one did.

I also maintain a web archive of my stories. For several reasons I think it is a worthwhile thing to do, but it's mostly a one-way proposition. I average less than one comment a month, and many of those are wacko.

Guy

Caleb
Male Author

England
#62 | Posted: 26 Nov 2010 08:12
A lot of my favourite writers of spanking fiction do and I have to say that one lady went out of her way and put them all in one place for me. Well not for me personally but for that particular click of writers and readers, lol. I think websites are a wonderful thing and enjoyed ours greatly but when we moved on to being published getting books in order and tidied up took the time.

I would be happy to read at your site as well as here and I would not give wacko comments. I would be spanked, lol.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#63 | Posted: 1 Dec 2010 02:43
I guess this is the proper place to note that November was another good month comments-wise. In fact, it was the best month since July.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#64 | Posted: 1 Dec 2010 02:46
Guy:
I guess this is the proper place to note that November was another good month comments-wise. In fact, it was the best month since July.

So much for the idea that there IS a comments slide. Nevertheless, we must be ever-vigilant to make sure it NEVER happens, and that sure everybody reads "An Unappreciative Reader Learns Her Lesson." (Oops... wrong thread for a shameless plug. my bad!)

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#65 | Posted: 1 Dec 2010 06:52
Guy:

And the numbers are: November, 2010: 2253. July: 2422. But Rick is right. Vigilance!

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#66 | Posted: 1 Dec 2010 23:06
njrick:
So much for the idea that there IS a comments slide.

Yes, all right, I got it wrong, OK?! The only thing sliding was me on my bum down a well-oiled embarrassment shute.

There's no need to rub it in.

And anyway ... what are all these shameless plugs FOR, eh?
Keeping the water after washing your dirty linen in public? I don't THINK so.

Tsk ... mutters ...

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#67 | Posted: 2 Dec 2010 05:20
Compared to last year, the comments are doing very well. I believe that they will get even better.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#68 | Posted: 2 Dec 2010 18:26
Things are much better here for authors than on other sites by a very wide margin. The only problem now appears to be that there is so much content flooding into the site day after day that readers are forced to be choosey but I guess that's the market at work. What would be helpful I think would be a way to categorize the latest entries so people could make choices based upon content. I know this happens eventually but since some titles don't tell you much, that brief sysnopsis would be nice to have. Is there any way for authors to do this themselves?

Guy
Male Author

USA
#69 | Posted: 2 Dec 2010 19:09
rollin:
What would be helpful I think would be a way to categorize the latest entries so people could make choices based upon content.

When you hand a kid a new toy, he/she will almost invariably drop a perfectly-good toy to make room for the new treasure. But us adults are supposed to be better than that. To continually focus on the "Just Loaded" list is to ignore the treasure trove of thousands of perfectly good stories that our authors have contributed and our validaters have labored to properly index for us.

As an author, I have mixed emotions about all this. On one hand, I love the excitement when the library loads my latest contribution. Usually an ego-satisfying number of people access my new story, and it will earn a few nice comments. I often even see a "bounce" in the popularity of my other stories.

On the other hand, some of my older stories have molded here for months without gathering the first comment. I'm sure that situation will be familiar to other authors here.

I don't know what the answer is, but I make daily use of the "lucky dip" feature to help give the older stories a fair chance.

Guy

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#70 | Posted: 2 Dec 2010 19:25
Maybe we should have a 'Story of the Day' thread here on the forum?

It could be a place where anyone can tell everyone else about their favourite story read that day (um - not your own - NJRick take note) If there's any merit in the idea, do please go ahead and set up a new thread.

As Guy pointed out, there are zillions of wonderful tales covered in dust, that are just begging to be read. One way to find them, short of working through everything on your favourite author's author page, is to use the Browse facility to browse the bookshelves by sub genre.

flopsy

Page  Page 7 of 12: «« 1 2  ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 3
Balor, Donn, jalwip12, Omegalodon, StefK, UndesirableMan
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9