Reversing the Comments slide

Page  Page 6 of 12: «« 1 2  ... 4 5 6 7 8  ... 11 12 »»
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#51 | Posted: 20 Nov 2010 12:35
Februs:
the female library staff here are likely to actually hit you over the head with a spade

I think that's calling a spade a club.

anitalynn
Female Author

USA
#52 | Posted: 20 Nov 2010 22:28
This thread had some twists and turns.

As to commenting:

I did not realize how important feedback was to an author. Most of the stories I have read have been beautifully written with excellent plots. I find myself repeating "Great story" , "Loved it", or blushing so hard I'm speechless. I will endeavor to comment more frequently and with more detail.

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#53 | Posted: 21 Nov 2010 00:39
I see that many of the female readers here felt that I slighted their gender when I referred to Eva Mendes as a "dumb broad" and a "bimbo". I thought that every reader would realize that I used those terms tongue-in-cheek. I do *not* in real life think that intelligence has anything at all to do with gender (or with race or ethnicity etc.). I certainly do not think that my wife is unintelligent.

When I wrote that story (or extended joke) I was just stereotyping the "red-blooded" male. In this story/joke of mine, it was supposed to be obvious that it was the male narrator (hypothetically me) who was the male equivalent of a bimbo.

For example, there was that thing about the guy panicing when he realized that his wife would soon get home, and that it would be a catastrophe if she found him in bed with another woman ("she would tear his balls off!"). And there was that joke about his wife snarling - "This is obviously just another one of your tall tales! And you expect me to believe it? What do you take me for?" - when the male imagines what would happen if he told his wife the unvarnished truth, that *Eva Mendes* of all people had just happened to drop by and ask for a spanking while the wife was out. Those lines indicate that this Fred Flintstone-type of a male spanko (he does remind you of Fred Flintstone, doesn´t he? Fred Flintstone as he would have been if he had been a spanko?) had a rather strained marriage, and was hen-pecked.

So, to sum up - this story/joke of mine was supposed to be a parody of what the typical red-blooded male spanko would dream of in his *wildest* dreams. OK. I suppose that I am guilty of stereotyping male spankos. But I did it tongue-in-cheek.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#54 | Posted: 21 Nov 2010 00:39
anitalynn:
I will endeavor to comment more frequently and with more detail.

We authors thank you.

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#55 | Posted: 22 Nov 2010 09:02
anitalynn:
I will endeavor to comment more frequently and with more detail

anitalynn. Those of us that regularly comment need the help & your insight. Thanks in advance for the help!

shono98
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#56 | Posted: 22 Nov 2010 20:23
I want you all to know that I have never tried to club someone with a spade, but I did give a large diamond to my true heart even though I am NO TRUMP

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#57 | Posted: 22 Nov 2010 20:47
In a bid to bridge the gap (don't miss a trick, do I?) between the wayward twists and turns this thread has taken and its original thrust, let's again celebrate the continued increase in comments. Thanks to all who've pledged to feed the authors. Back to ...

debs
Female Member

USA
#58 | Posted: 23 Nov 2010 04:43
Haven't read the whole thread cos I'm too laayyyzzeee

But my two cents: The little note at the bottom of the box where you comment after a story that says something like 'don't leave small comments over and over like good story! or they'll be rejected' ... might scare some people off from commenting. Maybe it could be re-worded to sound a little less threatening?

I, for one, enjoy commenting on the stories! ... especially if they're really, super good ones. The best sites on the net are the ones that have substantial interaction among its members. That's what makes BL thrive so much and why I'm sure this one is so successful. The comments are a big part of that interaction.

There. I've said my piece!!! ... off to get hot-n-bothered again.

Caleb
Male Author

England
#59 | Posted: 25 Nov 2010 20:01
When Adam and I used to post our stories online we had the same problem. It wasn't that hard to click a button and say "nice job" but no one did.
I used to also belong to a Lord of the Rings discipline group and everyone there was more than willing to comment and help. Very different bunch of folks and they being my first experience you can imagine my shock when spanking groups where so very different.

I belonged to Writing Lines and I have to say that a few people there were great with the comments and encouraged you to write more.
Not so at Loving Swats or Cornertime. The make up of a group has a lot to do with feedback too. IF the group feels like family people are more willing? to say something than if it's just a bunch of strangers who all happen to like the same thing.

In the spirit of that. Hi,I'm Caleb and I write discipline ficiton stories. My partner in this and in real life is Adam, we are married and live in England. It bloody snowed today too! I have always been interested in spanking and it was when I met Adam that I found out that I was what is referred to as a brat. Since then I have done a lot of research and believe me it wasn't easy folks. He is a natural Top and we get along in life as you might expect. His philosophy is "follow the chain of command. I command, you follow". It works for us.

We also are normal married people. We have a house, three cats, three chickens and twins who will be two in a few days. The second one was hiding and was a complete surprise to all concerned.

Now then, you know a little about me and if you have read any of my other comments you know a little more. I don't always agree, I don't always gush over what I read but I will comment if one of your stories takes my fancy and I read it. It will not be "nice job" or "great story" or "good story". It wil be paragraphs of what I liked, loved and disliked, on that you have my word and an Englishman is as good as.

Caleb
Male Author

England
#60 | Posted: 25 Nov 2010 20:02
PS- I don't need a bribe to comment either.

Page  Page 6 of 12: «« 1 2  ... 4 5 6 7 8  ... 11 12 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 6
ahowell208, Alef, Backbeat, Clarity, Glenlivet, maroonraider, Otkbbs51, patxi, Reader85
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9