New Monthly Record for Comments?

Page  Page 5 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5
PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#41 | Posted: 1 Aug 2012 00:43
mati:
I think that authors may prefer to know how their newest story is appreciated, rather than waiting three years until the first one hits the story by lucky dip.

I try to do both - checking out the latest stories, of course, but also using Lucky Dip. And like Rick, I'm delighted if someone's gone back, found one of my stories from a while back and thought it worthy of comment.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#42 | Posted: 1 Aug 2012 02:43
njrick:
Possible (we'd have to pick up the rate of commenting from where it's been for two weeks), but that's likely a target that will have to wait for another month. GO ahead, people = prove me wring!

Well it seems as the comments for July are now within 5 of reaching over 4000 for July we might well "prove me wring" as nj so nicely puts it....LOL

I of course speak with hesitation because nj might be right if all the comments made after midnight in London England, although dated here in July might be swung over to August due to the fact this site runs on British time. Oh well, it is fun to tease nj anyway...LMAO

CS

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#43 | Posted: 1 Aug 2012 03:01
I am going back to 2007-2009 and starting to read these old stories. Since my eyes are not good, I try to get as many read as possible. Some of these stories are quite good and have very few readers with little comments, as was the case back in those years. We shouldn't let those stories die out. They should have some life left.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#44 | Posted: 1 Aug 2012 03:14
canadianspankee:
I of course speak with hesitation because nj might be right if all the comments made after midnight in London England, although dated here in July might be swung over to August due to the fact this site runs on British time.

As Februs explained it two me, there ar two different clocks used here at the LSF. The one used in counting the stats on the stats pages runs on the location of the server, which is either in the eastern or central timezone here in the US. Therefore, we have the extra 5-6 hours after midnight GMT to collect some extra comments. With only two comments to go now to reach 4,000, and two hours to do it, the readers have indeed risen to my challenge and will "prove me wrong." That's going to happen even if I have to make the comments myself.

Congrats, LSF Reader/Commenters!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#45 | Posted: 1 Aug 2012 03:36
Thanks and congratulations to Islandcarol for making the 4,000th comment in July!

(Carol - just contact Februs to receive your prize)

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#46 | Posted: 1 Aug 2012 04:58
Prize?- I know the prize - it will be some of the chips Februs has pilfered from Pink. Eating chips when I'm commenting makes my fingers too slippery to keyboard.

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#47 | Posted: 1 Aug 2012 09:02
Yaaay! We did it! Go us! (Cue bands, fireworks, cheerleaders, etc.)

And no way should Carol's prize be some soggy left-over chips. No, the dear girl should receive 4,000 spanks, to be administered by the most frequent commenters. (To be nice, we might space them out over a day or two.)

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#48 | Posted: 1 Aug 2012 09:50
mati:
I think that authors may prefer to know how their newest story is appreciated, rather than waiting three years until the first one hits the story by lucky dip.

We appreciate comments on ANY of our stories, Mati .and by what ever means they are discovered, whether it be by lucky dip or recommendation. And when an old story is given new life by being brought to the attention of readers, via a new comment, it is extremely rewarding.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#49 | Posted: 1 Aug 2012 12:26
Ok, the excitement's over now. We have 28 comments in August.

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#50 | Posted: 2 Aug 2012 02:58
PhilK:
No, the dear girl should receive 4,000 spanks, to be administered by the most frequent commenters. (To be nice, we might space them out over a day or two.)

Gee and I was thinking how quiet and boring it's been with the Olympics. Now I'm celebrating with 4,000 spanks. Never again will I be commenting at midnight on the last day of the month.

Page  Page 5 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 9
Alanrg, CarolinaPaddler, dxsuckit2112, shyshosho, thunderball
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9