flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 17 Jan 2014 22:37
Theft Story Challenge 2014

Closing date for entries: midnight (GMT) Friday 14th February 2014
Voting period: Saturday Feb 15th, 2014 to Saturday Mar 8th, 2014 inclusive. GMT

We are pleased to announce a new challenge!

- Please write a spanking story based on the theme of Theft.

- The story should be a minimum of 1,000 words in length. There is no maximum length.

- You can feature whatever orientation you prefer to write about - M/F, F/m etc.

- You can have more than one entry if you wish.

- All stories entered should not have been previously published anywhere on the internet, including your own blog.

- All stories should be entirely your own work - which also means no plagiarism.

- Please note that we do not allow stories that feature sex between an adult and a minor.

Stories entered for the challenge will not reveal the authors name until after the voting has taken place. PLEASE DO NOT LET ANYONE KNOW YOUR STORY IN ADVANCE. You, the library members can vote accordingly for your favourite stories.

How To Submit Your Story For The Challenge

Stories can be submitted either by using the Contact Us button and pasting your story into the message box or by sending them to our main email address. If you don't have our main email address then either message one of the site admins via the Activity screen (click the envelope icon to the left of the admin's name) who will message you back and give it to you, or send us a brief message again using the Contact Us button and we'll email you back.

Whichever way you do it please make sure your site user name is provided and you make it clear that the story is for the challenge. Put your story title in the subject field of the email, along with Challenge Entry. Preferred format for stories is plain text but as described in the Author Guide (linked from the About button) we can handle most formats including rtf, Open Office, pdf, Microsoft Word and others.

Stories submitted for the challenge will be pre-formatted and loaded to the library in the usual way except that they will initially be set to "restricted" so that they will not be visible to other site users.

When the voting begins the Story Challenge screen will list all the stories that were entered but the author names will not be shown, just the story titles. The story challenge software is accessible by clicking the Challenges button from the site menu. When the challenge is open for voting this button will be yellow, in the meantime there won't be much to see except details of the previous challenges.

Users will be able to view all of the stories from this screen. Note that challenge stories will not appear in the Latest Read table, nor will the Activity page show the story details of what is being read. Similarly, should you decide to comment on a challenge story you will only see your own comment and not those of others, nor will the comment show up in the Latest Commented list. And finally, if you decide to make one or more of the challenge stories a 'favourite' it will only show up in your Favourites list when voting has concluded. All of these measures are simply to try and not reveal the names of the authors until voting has finished.

Voting
You can assign a score of between 0 and 10 to each entry. Authors can vote for their own stories if they want to - but please vote for all the others and not just your own! And please vote fairly! It will also be possible to change the number of points allocated to an entry either by voting on it again with a different number of points or by deleting the vote and starting over.

At the end of the voting period it will no longer be possible to vote any more and the story challenge screen will then show the scores for the top 3 stories & 3 runners up. Points awarded for the other entries will not be shown as it could well be demotivating or upsetting to an author if they received very few points. However, if a particular author really wants to know they can always send us a popup message and we'll provide the info.

If you have never written any stories before, now is your chance to have a go! You don't have to be an established spanking author to join in, and it doesn't matter if you have never written a story before. Do try it - it will be fun reading all the entries. This isn't about being competitive, it's just a bit of fun, so do please join in.

Our blog readers are being directed to this thread so please keep discussions on topic.

Thanks and good luck everyone,
flopsy

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#2 | Posted: 17 Jan 2014 23:56
This is great news...good luck everyone!!!

Graves94
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 18 Jan 2014 00:39
Theft, Hmmm? There are lots of good stories out there on the net, perhaps a little plagiarism? No, that would be stealing; and stealing as everyone knows would be theft. Hmmm.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 18 Jan 2014 02:20
Great! I was thinking it was about time for another challenge. Does anybody have any good ideas I could steal?

Arcane359
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 18 Jan 2014 02:34
flopsybunny:
All stories should be entirely your own work - which also means no plagiarism.

If I plagiarize the story, will I be spanked for it? And can I then write about the spanking I receive and still enter the contest? It is, after all, theft, regardless of whether or not anything material was stolen.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 18 Jan 2014 03:31
I've been waiting for this to come up. I haven't entered before, but I think I may be able to do something for this one.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 18 Jan 2014 03:44
Guy:
Does anybody have any good ideas I could steal?

ba-dum-bump

robbie
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 18 Jan 2014 08:15
Yahoo. I was going to ask in the forum this weekend if we were due another competition and as if by magic one appears. Thanks and good luck everyone.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 18 Jan 2014 12:30
Just in case anyone's wondering ... the picture above is just a depiction of the challenge theme. Please don't think you have to write about a bonkers-looking man wearing a stocking on his head and laughing maniacally whilst robbing some poor woman ... Hey, that sounds like one of MY stories!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 18 Jan 2014 14:41
flopsybunny:
Please don't think you have to write about a bonkers-looking man wearing a stocking on his head and laughing maniacally whilst robbing some poor woman .

Thank you!!! There are only so many such stories I'd be able to read. Like maybe ONE.

Page  Page 1 of 13: 1 2 3 4 5  ... 9 10 11 12 13 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 10
Andes107, brushspanker267, Carlsbad
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9