library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

What authors did you enjoy when you first began reading spanking fiction?

Page  Page 11 of 17: «« 1 2  ... 9 10 11 12 13  ... 16 17 »»
Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#101 | Posted: 18 Jan 2017 21:59
Sassy Bottoms was outed not long ago. The artist is Bobby Beausoleil and the company was run by his wife (who died a couple of years ago).

Bobby Beausoleil is currently serving a life sentence for his role in the Manson family murders.

Yeah, it freaked me out too, but a recent showing of Bobby Beausoleil's work included two of the three panels of "Cupid and Venus" - one showing a familiar looking Cupid being scolded by a familiar looking Venus, the second showing Cupid (whose bottom is now reddish) being kissed by Venus - and I assume the middle panel would show Cupid's bottom becoming red.

Search for " Bobby Beausoleil art cupid" on google images and you should find them - taken from an art show titled Tender Exotics - which doesn't mention Sassy Bottoms but does say:
Bobby Beausolei is an American artist and composer who has been producing artworks whilst serving a life sentence for murder. Often anthropomorphic, Beausoleil's images represent mans struggle with ego, nature, and spirituality. His work veers from the mystical and allegorical to the overtly psychedelic. His work as a composer, most notably for legendary filmmaker and "the high priest of troublesome art" Kenneth Anger in his work Lucifer Rising (1972), also informs his painting and drawing in that, space, sound and a musical sensibility inhabits every corner of his meticulously rendered bristol board and pencil icons (he has taught himself to work with the only materials available in the American prison system). Taking his spiritual and visual cues from an Aleister Crowley/OTO splinter group 'The Solar Lodge' comparative religion, ancient mythology and American Biker-culture iconography Beausoliel has alchemically combined these seemingly insoluble ingredients in the cauldron of 45 years incarceration.

----
I'm not sure how knowing who Sassy Bottoms is/was changes how I view the art, but it was weird to discover that all the Sassy Bottoms artwork was made in prison and shipped to his wife.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#102 | Posted: 19 Jan 2017 03:32
Goodgulf:
Bobby Beausoleil is currently serving a life sentence for his role in the Manson family murders

Uhhh... I, um, I liked Ginger, and... Julnick? Am I in the wrong thread?

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#103 | Posted: 19 Jan 2017 06:52
Burgundy:
Goodgulf:
Bobby Beausoleil is currently serving a life sentence for his role in the Manson family murders

Uhhh... I, um, I liked Ginger, and... Julnick? Am I in the wrong thread?

Julnick (Julie) was a spanking-oriented author whose F/M writings I really enjoyed reading around 15-18 years ago--her spousal chastisement story "Into the Woods" remains one of my all-time favorites.

Supposedly she 'reoriented' the focus of her writing, presumably into mainstream literature.

Julie was the first person to comment upon my initial spanking story on the internet, posted to the old SSS (soc.sexuality.spanking) newsgroup, so I've always had fond feelings for her...

--C.K.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#104 | Posted: 19 Jan 2017 07:25
Goodgulf:
Sassy Bottoms was outed not long ago. The artist is Bobby Beausoleil and the company was run by his wife (who died a couple of years ago).

Bobby Beausoleil is currently serving a life sentence for his role in the Manson family murders.

Yeah, it freaked me out too, but a recent showing of Bobby Beausoleil's work included two of the three panels of "Cupid and Venus" - one showing a familiar looking Cupid being scolded by a familiar looking Venus, the second showing Cupid (whose bottom is now reddish) being kissed by Venus - and I assume the middle panel would show Cupid's bottom becoming red.

This is pretty bizarre, I must admit that I never considered that "Sassy Bottoms" would turn out to be a rather notorious convicted murderer, indeed a follower of Charles Manson.

From what I could determine, there were only two panels of "Cupid and Venus Love Chastised" drawn by the artist, thus the spanking in that particular scenario apparently was never explicitly shown.

However, there is a well-known artwork featuring a somewhat older-looking Cupid being spanked by Venus for presumably failing to aim his arrow properly. All of those cutely adorable yet sweetly naughty spankees, created by a convict whose other drawings primarily display his starkly dark side--Yikes!!

--C.K.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#105 | Posted: 19 Jan 2017 20:50
CrimsonKidCK:
Julnick (Julie) was a spanking-oriented author whose F/M writings I really enjoyed reading around 15-18 years ago

Yeah, Julnick was brilliant. I read and re-read her stories dozens of times (there was less to read out there back then...).
Ginger's M/F stories have no equal either. They show up as posted in 2007 here, but I'm pretty sure I read them on Laura's site in the late 90s. With a dial-up modem, in text format... The struggle was real

And I almost forgot, Tasha's stories were incredible too. Intense and disturbing (my favourite combo), and way too violent for this site, but man, they were so awesome. She had a website called TwoShadesOfBlue. It's been gone for a while though.

jsanon
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#106 | Posted: 20 Jan 2017 00:27
If, in fact, the art from Sassy Bottoms was really from Bobby Beausoleil, I am deeply saddened. I have never believed that spankos were more violent than anyone else - on the contrary, I always felt that writing (or drawing) were outlets for a kink that needed a non-violent way to express itself. And the fact that those cupid-venus drawings show up on-line in connection with other work by Beausoleil does not entirely convince me - it may not be the case that it was he who put them together on a website. I had some letters from "Sassy Bottoms" when I was writing stuff for her, and I am familiar with the totality of her publications, and does not all fit convincingly. My recollection is that correspondence from "Sassy Bottoms" came from Santa Barbara. Would that fit?
Let it be said that I have as a friend of many years someone whose family member was murdered in the Manson killings, so I am not looking to let Beausoleil off easily, but Beausoleil's other art work does not resemble Sassy's work.

jsanon
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#107 | Posted: 20 Jan 2017 00:41
After further research on line, the connection between Beausoleil and "Sassy" seems established, so I must retract much of what I just wrote. Who was the actual artist - Bobby, or his wife - does not seem certain, but that Sassy was his wife is pretty much confirmed. Still, he was in jail while her magazines were being published, so perhaps they shared the kink but in no way shared anything else. I'd like to think so. But I will never feel the same way about her work. I have never met or exchanged letters with another spanko who in any way resembled a member of the Manson family. Kinky, yes, but not violent of vicious or cruel or even in favor of spanking kids.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#108 | Posted: 20 Jan 2017 19:15
He did the artwork and mailed it to her. It came up at one of his parole hearings that he was running a business while inside (which had to be approved by the prison staff and he failed to fill out a form) with his wife handing the details. This incident from 1984 came up in his 2008 parole hearing. As for who did the work, those cupid drawings say it all. I assume that either the art festival putting on the show refused the spanking drawing or the prison officials did not allow him to send it.

His wife was the woman who answered letters and such as Sassy, never letting on that the artist was male and serving a life sentence.

And I agree that knowing this changes how one views the artwork. Somehow it's much less tongue in cheek, less Sassy as it were, when you know who drew it.

And sorry for derailing this discussion, but for those of us who discovered "her" work back in the day, well, this is quite a shock. Especially since most of us are old enough to have heard about the Mason family.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#109 | Posted: 20 Jan 2017 20:20
Goodgulf:
And sorry for derailing this discussion

I was just kidding about that Actually thank you for the interesting read about a very unusual situation!

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#110 | Posted: 21 Jan 2017 00:12
thepreacherswife:
I still have quite a few stories that I would love to see on the LSF someday but the authors are probably lost to anonymity:

Perry Fowler

I don't know about the other authors on your list, but for info, Perry has recently released three ebooks: http://www.lsfpublications.com/?func=bks&auth=239

Page  Page 11 of 17: «« 1 2  ... 9 10 11 12 13  ... 16 17 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 3
brushspanker267, Dufus, findingout, katee, kingkoban, pwhapman, Rickinto, stevenr
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9