The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

'Caught In The Act' Story Challenge 2017

Page  Page 3 of 12: «« 1 2 3 4 5  ... 8 9 10 11 12 »»
opb
Male Author

England
#21 | Posted: 8 Jun 2017 10:00
Glagla:
Half a story is quite fine. Just punch in a shitload of spanking in the end and everybody will be happy

Ah, that has been my mistake then. Too much plot and not enough spanking.

mobile_carrot
Male Author

England
#22 | Posted: 8 Jun 2017 11:19
Too much plot, too much character-building, too much scene-setting, too much dialogue, too much humour, too much storytelling all round. But not enough spanking.

Ah, I get it now!

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#23 | Posted: 8 Jun 2017 22:58
Glagla:
Well, last time there was a challenge the thread was full of people gladly announcing that they'd contribute, so I sort of thought it was common practice. My mistake I guess.

No, not really, because it's apparently allowed as a topic of discussion in this forum.

My point is simply that you can't necessarily project the eventual degree of participation based on the amount of 'chatter' about the Challenge here.

The two F/M Challenges generated quite a bit of 'back-and-forth' based mostly on people discussing whether or not they felt comfortable and/or capable in terms of writing a femdom-style entry; others have resulted in debate concerning exact interpretation of the subject matter.

If there isn't anything either controversial or uncertain about the Challenge topic, there tends to be limited conversation about it, at least that's been the past pattern which I recall...

--C.K.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#24 | Posted: 9 Jun 2017 10:53
Oh well, that only goes to prove that I'm a rookie here. But why not start a new trend to get more attention to the challenge and get more people to join in, either as authors or as readers? So - by keeping this topic on top of the list maybe we'll get some additional entries that we hadn't had otherwise. It is after all for a good cause, to make people more active and increase site activity.
So, good people. It's now but a fortnight until the door for entries to the challenge closes, so it's high time to get your shit together, your thumbs out of your arses and start writing. Let's see if we can break the record, okay?

brodiejlb
Male Author

England
#25 | Posted: 16 Jun 2017 20:22
Ah Glagla, it is entirely appropriate that you should be so Gung Ho - you are to our Challenges what Adele is to the Brit and Grammy Awards, you only have to turn up to be covered in glory. Others of us have less reason to be optimistic, we are the Mongolian throat singers, the practitioners on obscure and exotic ethnic instruments hoping in the face of all experience that THIS will be the year of the Tibetan nose flute or that unaccompanied clog dancing will, at last, sweep the board. We will turn up, we will shuffle to our seats at the back of the hall, in the shadows, but pardon us if we don't do so with a skip in our step and a fanfare of trumpets.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#26 | Posted: 16 Jun 2017 23:56
brodiejlb:
Ah Glagla, it is entirely appropriate that you should be so Gung Ho - you are to our Challenges what Adele is to the Brit and Grammy Awards, you only have to turn up to be covered in glory.

Oh, now you're really making me blush. I kinda like Tibetan flute music, luck always runs out sooner or later you know, people will eventually get tired of my shit and so the obscure nose singers will have their rightful share of milk and honey while I quietly fade into the shadows. Do give it a shot and I wish for the largest entry field ever, hoping that we can make this page even greater and more attractive than it already is.

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#27 | Posted: 16 Jun 2017 23:58
Glagla:
Well, last time there was a challenge the thread was full of people gladly announcing that they'd contribute, so I sort of thought it was common practice.

In fact the last challenge was for an F/M story, and as I recall the thread was unusually full of people announcing that they wouldn't contribute. Including, initially, you...

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#28 | Posted: 17 Jun 2017 20:04
PhilK:
unusually full of people announcing that they wouldn't contribute. Including, initially, you...

Yes, fortunately we were all just Trumping each other so it in the end turned out to be one of the most well-attended challenges in a long time With a more streamlined subject, as this time, I'd be severely disappointed in the author collective here should we not manage to pile up at least 50 stories together. Now, would you be terribly disappointed if I was pulling people's legs again and didn't contribute this time...?

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#29 | Posted: 18 Jun 2017 20:07
My problemwith this is that you can think of very many school, either/f or /m, and many D/D scenarios (which I don't write; or the easy caught speeding judicial story, but I'm racking my brains to try to think of an original scenario and failing. I can't be bothered to knock out a simple, generic spanking story on the themes I mentioned.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#30 | Posted: 18 Jun 2017 21:26
Well, 'caught in the act' could mean more or less anything if you ask me. Caught doing what? Well, just about anything in the world that you were not supposed to do, or simply being seen in a very embarrassing situation which is hard to explain rationally. I felt it to be an unusually open subject, in contrast to some earlier ones that for example specified a will or something, which really narrowed it down and streamlined the stories to be fairly alike. This is just as wide a spectrum as the rainbow if you think of it. Just take any of your incomplete plot ideas and think, does this one contain a segment when someone gets surprised or revealed in some way? Spin on that and you've got an entry already. For school I think there are a zillion obvious openings; smoking, stealing a book in the library, kissing in the rest room, sneaking out from the dorm after midnight, misgrading a student's test on purpose, opening a student's looker believing the student to have drugs or something and finding nothing and it looks like a simple break in... etc.

Page  Page 3 of 12: «« 1 2 3 4 5  ... 8 9 10 11 12 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 7
alfent, FiddlersGreen, greyrain, laura82
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9