flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#71 | Posted: 1 Jul 2017 13:42
tysout:
(can't believe flopsybunny said fart)

I might have said it, but I didn't do it

Somebody did though .... Come on, own up ... WHO WAS IT?

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#72 | Posted: 1 Jul 2017 18:33
mj2001:
Well, only 43 more to go...

48 to go now I'm afraid as we had several very late entries, a number of which had issues that needed to be resolved (two are still outstanding).

We had provided a full 28 days for entries to be submitted so it's very frustrating to be left to deal with a whole bunch submitted at the very last minute or in some cases after the deadline has passed.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#73 | Posted: 1 Jul 2017 19:55
Anything over 2 hours late to accommodate the times zones perhaps should not be entered, especially if for a reason they have to be worked on. Just my opinion and likely unfair to some others thinking.

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#74 | Posted: 1 Jul 2017 20:07
flopsybunny:
tysout:
(can't believe flopsybunny said fart)

I might have said it, but I didn't do it

Somebody did though .... Come on, own up ... WHO WAS IT?

Thought I smelt a rat

mj2001
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#75 | Posted: 2 Jul 2017 01:13
Februs:
mj2001:
Well, only 43 more to go...

48 to go now I'm afraid as we had several very late entries, a number of which had issues that needed to be resolved (two are still outstanding).

Agreed. I was saying that I'd read 5 so I only had 43 left to read. But I do understand your frustration of accommodating late entries.

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#76 | Posted: 2 Jul 2017 04:15
Hotspur
Thought I smelt a rat

You only thought that was a rat...........Flopsy, was that you?

tysout
Male Author

Scotland
#77 | Posted: 3 Jul 2017 08:19
I'm willing to bet that a fair number of these late entries were 90% written well in time and it was the finishing off and tidying up that was left to the last minute.

I know mine was...or I should say is, because I never got 'round to finishing it.

I have at least eight, almost finished, stories on my HD which will probably never see the light of day.

Why in God's name do we do that?

(Memo to self...get a grip and stop being so bloody lazy)

Asked and answered in the same post.

BrigittaCoral
Female Author

USA
#78 | Posted: 3 Jul 2017 09:39
I know for me, I'd given it to a friend to read and was waiting for his feedback so I could make changes.

That said, it's got to be really frustrating to have to do so much at the last minute--I'm grateful for those of you here that do.

mj2001
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#79 | Posted: 3 Jul 2017 11:53
tysout:
I have at least eight, almost finished, stories on my HD which will probably never see the light of day. Why in God's name do we do that?

Yep, know the feeling. You get within sight of the finish line and then it just peters out and collapses. Or you realize you've just written yourself into a huge flaw in the plot that ruins your plans. Or you get an idea for a different story that you'd rather work on while the muse inspires you. I'm a fairly prolific writer but I've got a HD file of half-finished stories that will probably remain that way because I don't want to deal with trying to complete them. Rather than doing the difficult work I'd rather move on to whatever bright and shiny object attracts my attention instead. I imagine it's much worse if you're actually writing to make a living rather than as a hobby; unfinished stories = $0 income.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#80 | Posted: 3 Jul 2017 15:11
mj2001:
I'm a fairly prolific writer but I've got a HD file of half-finished stories that will probably remain that way because I don't want to deal with trying to complete them.

Yes, but each of those unfinished stories represents a story inspiration that you (at least once) thought worthy of writing and publishing. Further, those words are your own work, to be used any way you desire. I would rather seek inspiration from my own words rather than by reading things written by others. I have a similar file of unfinished stories, and when I need story ideas my "unfinished" file is one place I look. Often the fix to what once seemed like an intractable problem with a plot becomes quite obvious when you take a fresh look at it.

Page  Page 8 of 12: «« 1 2 3  ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 9
FiddlersGreen, Jackmydaw, school, SlippersSting, SternMentor, TheGoodWife25, thegrumpytele
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9