LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Miss Thrashbottom's Christmas Quiz

Page  Page 1 of 7: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»
blimp
Male Author

England
#1 | Posted: 24 Dec 2010 21:44
May I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Festive New Year. Firstly let me say what great pleasure it gives me to have the honour and privilege of presenting Miss Thrashbottom's Christmas Spanking Quiz. Secondly I would like to squash the scurrilous rumours that I am only doing this as a penance because I was caught by Miss Thrashbottom (the Library's disciplinarian) skulking in her garden with a pair of binoculars and several rather skimpy items of lacy underwear in my pocket last Friday evening. This is of course a complete fabrication put about by certain librarians known for throwing snowballs at innocent passers by!! I can assure you I volunteered for this and as I say it is a very great privilege indeed ... So without further ado let me present...

Miss Thrashbottom's Christmas Quiz
1. "OK that is more than enough from you fatso! Here goes and remember if you get bottom marks YOU WILL GET BOTTOM MARKS FROM ME!! Pay attention!"

Can you name the artist and do you know the name of the mystery schoolmaster?

quiz pic 1

2. Who wrote the poem 'Reginald's Flogging'?

3. What was the name of John Willie's heroine in the SM comic strip he created?

quiz pic 2

4. Who drew the Buster Brown strips and what was the name of Buster's dog?

quiz pic 3

5. Name the schools of the following schoolmasters

a) Wackford Squeers

b) Mr Quelch

c) Dr Arnold

d) Mr Pemberton Oakes

6. Who was the infamous Austrian born author of 'Eros, the meaning of my life'?

7. Name the author of the following passage:

A lifelong buddy of mine, this Herring, linked to me by what are called imperishable memories. Years ago, when striplings, he and I had done a stretch together at Malvern House, Bramley-on-Sea, the preparatory school conducted by that prince of stinkers, Aubrey Upjohn M.A., and frequently stood side by side in the Upjohn study awaiting the receipt of six of the juciest from a cane that biteth like a serpent and stingeth like an adder, as the fellow said. So we were, you might say, rather like a couple of old sweats who had fought shoulder to shoulder on Crispin's day.

8. Name the author of the following passage:

Scarfe bent down and the pin stripe trousers were stretched over his broad buttocks. With the light full on it the material looked very shiny.

"Tighter," said Defries. "If you would be so kind."

Through his legs he could see the grinning figure of Defries brandishing the bamboo, and upside down as he came rushing in with his arm upraised. This time as the new cane cut into the old bruises the very first stroke burnt him like fire.

9. Name the author of the following passage:

From behind study door the noises had begun. Thwack, thwack.
Perhaps Miss Beach did not hear these sounds. Or, if she did they were to her ears toneless and without significance, as though the Binker had been knocking together a couple of books, or thumping a cushion to make it more comfortable on his chair.

"See you later then," she said and she stepped airily into the Common Room. Even though the door opened for no more than a second or two, the smell of tobacco which came from the staff room was almost overwhelming.

Then the study door opened and Bowen came out rather red, but not actually blubbing. In case I had not heard the last stroke (and I hadn't), he held up three fingers and went his way.

"Ramsay!"
The Binker called my name as casually as if I were a patient awaiting treatment from a doctor's surgery.

"Come in, Ramsay and close the door."

10. Name the author of the following passage:

Canes are made out of rattan. What is rattan? And don't say a tree!

11. What is a knout?

12. A few anagrams for you. All these were or are stars of the spanking or fetish scene.

a) VIGNIR WALK
b) TETBY GAPE
c) KINCY FROMNOTD
d) SORELEAN NOYUG
e) ATHAMANS LEYWOOD
f) RICE NOSTNA

13. The word "cane" comes to us from the French, who took it from the Romans, who in turn took it from the Greeks. "Kanna" was their word - meaning what, exactly?

14. What is Robert Philp famous for?

15. John Glassco, a Canadian poet, wrote a sadomasochistic literary masterpiece which is my favourite bedtime reading. What is its title?

16. In what year was judicial corporal punishment abolished in mainland Britain?

17. What is the "Gunners Daughter"?

18. I am not one to spare the rod! This especially applies to fat old bald blokes I find trespassing in my garden late at night! What is the Hebrew name for a rod as used in Proverbs?

19. Which was the first country in the world to ban spanking?

20. In the 1963 film McLintock what did the actress Stefanie Powers get spanked with?

21. In what film did Spencer Tracy spank Katherine Hepburn?

22. Okay this is one for all you Masochists! Who wrote Venus in Furs?

23. One of my favourite illustrated books is Les Petite Filles Modeles, published by Edition Dominique Leroy. Who was the illustrator, sadly now no longer with us?

24 Who is the illustrator?

quiz pic 4

25. And finally ... What series of books is Esmond Quinterley famous for writing? (Well actually he is not famous at all and you may all struggle with that one!!)

__

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 24 Dec 2010 21:50
The only one I know is 4b - Tige. I'd work on the anagrams, but since that would still leave me with such a pitiful score, I hardly think it's worth the effort.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 24 Dec 2010 23:15
njrick:
The only one I know is 4b - Tige. I'd work on the anagrams, but since that would still leave me with such a pitiful score, I hardly think it's worth the effort.

Well, I'm on the wrong side of 'The Pond' to get a lot of these.

I know a few just off the top of my head--coal shovel, part of a ship that a whipping recipient had to "kiss" (straddle), a knotted rope, Sweet Gwendoline, Sardax (?), "Father of the Bride" (?), Sweden (?) and of course Leopold von Sacher-Masoch, in no particular order. {(?)=educated guess}

I used to know the name of Buster Brown's pet canine, but it's gone out of my mind at the moment.

I'm too busy (Christmas) to work on anagrams right now... --C.K.

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 25 Dec 2010 05:59
Here is a tough one for those of you who are not Swedish - in what year was corporal punishment abolished in the schools in Sweden? (Naughty schoolboys and naughty schoolgirls used to be punished with the rattan cane - but not any more. And the kids have behaved atrociously ever since! Have you ever found yourself in a subway waggon in the Stockholm subway on a Saturday night? You hope fervently that no gang of teenagers will happen to enter that waggon before you have had time to exit!)

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 25 Dec 2010 06:11
In case you are wondering about the background to my question in the previous post - that infamous Swedish (it is infamous, i.e. unpopular even in Sweden, we crack jokes about it all the time) law which forbids parents to spank their own children was passed in the early 1970s, in either 1972 or 1973 if my memory does not fail me - but corporal punishment in the Swedish schools was abolished quite a while before that. So - in what year was corporal punishment abolished in the Swedish schools? I will give you a slight hint - it was during the 20th century.

Incidentally - there is a funny spanking joke which refers to that infamous Swedish law which forbids parents to spank their own children. A teenage girl, presumably in the USA or, maybe, Great Britain is lying over her mother´s knee. The mother is preparing to spank the girl. The girl wisecracks, with a sour expression on her face - "You know, ma - if this were Sweden you would be in *big* trouble!" The mother is nonplussed. She merely replies by pointing out the obvious - "Well, this *isn´t* Sweden, girl! So *you* are in big trouble!"

That is hilarious isn´t it? (You can find this joke on that excellent site which is chockfull of drawings of girls getting spanked - www.thehandprints.com .)

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#6 | Posted: 25 Dec 2010 10:36
Nice quiz blimp, I shall have a proper look soon I do know a few of them though

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 25 Dec 2010 11:22
A wonderful labour of love, Blimp, thank you.
Some guesses:
2. Swinburne (?)
5. a) Dotheboys Hall (Nicholas Nickleby)
c) Rugby (RL!)
8. David Benedictus (?)
12 b) Betty Page
c) Nicky Montford
e) samantha Woodley
I can see I have a lot to learn... Happy Christmas

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 25 Dec 2010 13:10
I know no 17 - the Gunner's Daughter is the barrel of a ship's cannon over which the unfortunates were bent for their thrashing

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 25 Dec 2010 14:01
flopsybunny:
I know no 17 - the Gunner's Daughter is the barrel of a ship's cannon over which the unfortunates were bent for their thrashing

Any personal experience?

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#10 | Posted: 25 Dec 2010 14:13
I've come to the conclusion you need to be old to know these... I am simply not old enough to know

Unless I cheat

Page  Page 1 of 7: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 7
kylem, StefK, Vrachia
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9