The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Miss Thrashbottom's Christmas Quiz

Page  Page 2 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»
anitalynn
Female Author

USA
#11 | Posted: 25 Dec 2010 23:32
blimp:
20. In the 1963 film McLintock what did the actress Stefanie Powers get spanked with?

CK was right..... a coal shovel.

21. In what film did Spencer Tracy spank Katherine Hepburn?

I believe this was in Adam vs. Eve.

As for the rest I'm either to young to know or from the "wrong side of the pond". I have a lot to learn, too.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 26 Dec 2010 03:15
The ones I got (or guessed at anyway--I 'reguessed' at #21):

[3] Sweet Gwendoline

[11] A knotted rope (severe whipping implement)

[17] Part of a (sailing) ship that a whipping recipient had to "kiss" (straddle)

[19] Sweden (?)

[20] Coal shovel (metallic-sounding smacks)

[21] "Adam's Rib" (?) [I found out that Spencer Tracy was shown spanking Elizebeth Taylor in an advertsing poster for "Father of the Bride," but that scenario never actually occurred in the movie.]

[22] Leopold von Sacher-Masoch

[24] Sardax (?)

That's the best I can do offhand... --C.K.

ordalie
Female Member

France
#13 | Posted: 26 Dec 2010 07:21
N° 23: the illustrator was Georges Levis. I also loved the book, now called "erotic". Honestly...

blimp
Male Author

England
#14 | Posted: 26 Dec 2010 18:43
Yes Georges Levis, also creator of the Liz and Beth series. A lot of the French bande dessine artists depict S/M themes. Their was also an Italian guy, Guido Crepax, who produced the Valentina books (based on the actress Louise Brooks). Crepax like Levis was the most talented artist but the erotic graphic novel never seemed to travel particularly well, which is a great shame!

anitalynn
Female Author

USA
#15 | Posted: 27 Dec 2010 02:01
CrimsonKidCK:
[21] "Adam's Rib" (?)

Maybe that's the movie I was thinking of: and not Adam vs. Eve. I'm not sure.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 27 Dec 2010 03:24
anitalynn:
CrimsonKidCK: [21] "Adam's Rib" (?)
Maybe that's the movie I was thinking of: and not Adam vs. Eve. I'm not sure.

It's about two lawyers, married to each other (Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy), who end up opposing each other in court representing opposing spouses (she the wife and he the husband) in a marital conflict.

They start to personalize their courtroom conflict at home, with Tracy's character giving Hepburn's a sharp slap on her seat (IIRC she was lying prone at the time) that she realizes is motivated by anger over the trial rather than being a typical spousal 'love pat.'

I'm not 100% certain about the ending, but I seem to vaguely recall that both married couples end up reconciling at the conclusion of the film... --C.K.

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 29 Dec 2010 19:27
On December 25 I posed the question - "In what year was corporal punishment abolished in the Swedish schools?" And I have not yet seen *one* single attempt at an answer from you fellow spankos! You guys and gals are *so* ignorant. Every Swedish parent, teacher or spanko worth his salt knows that it was in the year 1958 that those nasty little Swedish brats were "liberated" from the discipline of the cane! 1958 was a year that will live in infamy!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 30 Dec 2010 03:37
galt54:
n December 25 I posed the question - "In what year was corporal punishment abolished in the Swedish schools?" And I have not yet seen *one* single attempt at an answer from you fellow spankos!

Ok, let me take a guess. 1963?

flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#19 | Posted: 30 Dec 2010 13:22
Of all, I only know the answers to 2 of these.

20. Stephanie got wacked with a coal shovel.
23. The author of Venus in Furs was Leopold von Sacher-Masoch.

a pretty poor average. Most of these I have absolutely no idea, never heard of, or even concidered. SOrry to be so far "out of touch."

blimp
Male Author

England
#20 | Posted: 30 Dec 2010 13:40
flowerchild:
SOrry to be so far "out of touch."

Don't worry flowerchild, I don't like to be critical of Miss Thrashbottom but she has obviously made the quiz much too hard!

Page  Page 2 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 11
katee, medici, Schoyce1, Shishi, SmacksForFree
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9