LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Fantasy vs Reality

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»
kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#21 | Posted: 24 Feb 2011 04:54
An ecletic array of responses proving the diversity within our minority.

My preference is to read and write stories that are essentially realistic but might prompt some to question their probability. Questioning probability has come up in responses to some of my own stories.......which I find quite amusing since 3/4s of my stories are based on real events and real people and merely recombine or alter minor details to provide a better narrative. On my own website I actually label my stories for what they are: fiction, fictionalized real event, or real event with only names and minor details changed. The other 1/4 are admittedly fairly implausible fiction that I try to make believable on the strength of the characters and their dialogue.

I live this lifestyle and I can tell you stories that you wouldn't believe that are 100% true. I have been told that the odds of a couple discovering that they share a similar kink without having met on collarme.com is implausible. Really? Shall I tell of how many kinky spank partners I've had who were recruited form a very vanilla and small pool? Perhaps I have just been lucky.. (and I feel I have been) but the fact is: this shit happens. (If your eyes are open and you let it.)

When I write I don't worry too much about the spanking scene itself. It is almost superfluous, inconsequential. And from what I've read here..........prone to dissection. ( I've personally taken spankings that certain folks here seem quite prepared to dismiss as fiction. I know of others who make me look like a wimp. Unless a person is 'out there' and seeing what goes on, I think that spanking details are probably never going to be enough or too much, or too whatever. So why not just keep it to a minimum?) What I like to write (and read) are stories where the characters discuss their feelings.

I'll confess my biggest weakness: hearing a real Top (in my case I prefer female) talk about how they rationalize, justify, explain, exploit, etc. spanking someone they love for an offense or just to exert dominance. I am fascinated by this. I could read blog after blog just to extract a small glistening pearl of a line or phrase that will mesmerize me for weeks or months or years. Little things. But things that ring true and speak volumes. This excites me. It is eroticism at its apex. When I read a spanking story I seek the same expositions and revelations, and frankly, given the way most spanking stories are written, I come up dry. This saddens and frustrates me. It is difficult enough to find people who not only 'get it', 'do it' and 'share it' in the real world, but my goodness....in fiction? We can have our characters say whatever words we plant in their mouths. Why do so many sow so few precious seeds when the ground is open to any planting? Tabula rasa! Think, feel, emote, ponder....then hand it to me in precious prose...or hell, I'll take basic prose. But hand it to me.

I'm not about "whack whack whack". I live whack whack whack, I don't need a story for a fix. What I love is reality made wonderful. Dominance justifying itself. Submission dealing with itself. Taking a spanking as an adult is not easy. It may be desirable, but if the spanker is a dominant who revels in their authority, it won't be easy. So why do it? Why spank? Why submit to one? This is great stuff. The answers are often similar...... and sometimes rather diverse. But that's what I want to read.

Spanking is a wonderful little kink. It encompasses many things and in the real world, it requires even more soul-baring than the mere bottom-baring of a trapped victim in a Victorian setting, school setting...or any othe such setting where the victim is essentially a powerless captive. Many years ago in "S/M The Last Taboo" the Greenes included some random fiction at the end of their rather interesting, daring, but painfully bad book. There was a short play entitled "Who/Whom" which was intended to be included in Broadway's infamous "O Calcutta" but rarely was performed. The play is an S/M tour de force highlighting not only "who" and "whom" but the willingness or noncomplicity of classic S/M victims. The play's point was that the captive was not nearly as interesting as the victim with the ability to bow out...but who chooses to remain. I wholeheartedly concur.

So.....give me that on a sheet of paper (or computer screen) and I'm yours. I'll be your biggest fan. I may even compose a poorly written Ode in your honor. And while you expose your victim's need to be a victim, let your Top reveal their thinking in a believable way and I may erect a statue in addition to the Ode.

That said, I should add that among my "Favorites" is "Owl"....a truly wonderful piece that is purely supernatural and otherworldly. Not realistic at all. It is just beautifully written. I recently read another story in the contest which was also female submissive (not my thing) but was wonderful. It was deeply personal...which made it believable and erotic and real. I loved it.

So, bottom line? I want to read fiction, fantasy, or whatever....as long as the author exposes something precious. And to find precious you have to dig deep and then be brave enough to put what you discover on display.. The whack whack whack is just the tinny, empty noise of the shovel........... the real treasure is what's underneath.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#22 | Posted: 24 Feb 2011 05:45
kdpierre:
Spanking is a wonderful little kink. It encompasses many things and in the real world, it requires even more soul-baring than the mere bottom-baring of a trapped victim in a Victorian setting, school setting...or any othe such setting where the victim is essentially a powerless captive. Many years ago in "S/M The Last Taboo" the Greenes included some random fiction at the end of their rather interesting, daring, but painfully bad book. There was a short play entitled "Who/Whom" which was intended to be included in Broadway's infamous "O Calcutta" but rarely was performed. The play is an S/M tour de force highlighting not only "who" and "whom" but the willingness or noncomplicity of classic S/M victims. The play's point was that the captive was not nearly as interesting as the victim with the ability to bow out...but who chooses to remain. I wholeheartedly concur.

Ahhhh, I read S/M: THE LAST TABOO myself, quite a while back, and I remember that supposed scene from "O! Calcutta," I believe that it involved audience participation in deciding which female would be caned on stage. I found it quite disappointing that the scene wasn't included when I actually saw the play (or a movie version of it anyway) some years later.

I believe that each young woman (all playing schoolgirls IIRC) had the opportunity to avoid the cane by identifying the culprit of some misbehavior, but every one of them refused to "show the white feather," i.e. identify the perpetrator, so all of their behinds remained at risk.

I agree that the psychology of an at least somewhat willing spanking recipient is generally more interesting than that of a totally nonconsensual victim... --C.K.

DannySwottem5
Male Member

England
#23 | Posted: 24 Feb 2011 11:37
Eloquent and very true kdpierre . And you`re right of course, spanking isn`t just about smacking/paddling/caning somebody`s bottom and never has been. The act itself is so simple a small child could and does do it. The behaviour associated with spanking or spankophilia to be more accurate is so complex even Freud himself might struggle to come up with all the answers. Elements of domination,submission,humiliation,compliance,guilt,ecstasy,sadism/masochism/obsession and so on, it`s all there in the mix. A cocktail only true spankophiles can only begin to appreciate and then still be left wondering. CK mentioned SM: THE LAST TABOO and quite right too and sometimes only the very brave or very foolhardy tread certain paths for fear of much censure from those who could never even begin to understand. I`ve trod this path for more years than I care to remember and I still know so little. I too look for the emotions and feelings that accompany something that at it`s most basic was part and parcel of everyday life in my boyhood. Baring one`s soul can be a very solitary occupation, I have been there many times in the past but I have found that whilst I may not be uncomfortable with it there are many,including fellow spanko`s who are. F/m fiction is my own personal predilection but read this line as if I`m saying it in a whisper and you`ll get my drift. I`m thinking that many will not approve of this forum being used for so much self-examination but we are all more or less singing from the same hymn sheet and I`ll die by my own sword if needs must. I will continue to read and enjoy F/m fiction and accept it for what it is and not as some others seek to portray it and more power to the elbow of those who write the stories that intoxicate my mind.

mati
Female Member

Germany
#24 | Posted: 24 Feb 2011 16:17
Eventually the fact that certain authors have certain fantasies is a reality.

Mostly I'm quite glad that some fantasies are not reality, but I know for certain that the reality sometimes is worse than all fantasies in this library.

If some fantasies would become reality I would guess that most sadists would enjoy it, the most masochists not. For myself I must admit that I feel quite uncomfortable with a lot of fantasies I read here. Especially the type of fantasy where men like the idea of total control about any woman, humiliating her in public and may be rape her after a severe beating. That is still so common in reality that every masochist could have this - but who really wants it?

edb
Male Author

Spain
#25 | Posted: 24 Feb 2011 18:09
I find the whole debate of fantasy v's reality slightly confusing. I had a recent comment on one of my stories which while being complementary on the writing, they were a little uneasy because they found the scenario just a little too fantastic, and as such they didn't enjoy it as much as if it had been believable.

Fair enough, the DSC is slightly unbelievable, but the comment got me thinking; what is believable in this thing that we love. School girls spanked on their bare bottoms? From my understanding it very rarely occurred, and when it did and was discovered caused the teacher a whole heap of trouble. Naughty secretaries? Maybe, but hardly a common practice. Nubile nurses? I think not. Buffy the Vampire Spanker, written by one of our most prolific authors, the Flogmaster himself; totally implausible, what with vampires and public bare bottom paddlings, but an absolute gem to read. Is it believable? No, but does it transport us to a world we would secretly wish to live in, or maybe just watch from afar?

They are all figments of our imagination that results in the wonderful stories posted here at the library.
For me, reality is one thing, but with fiction I like my thoughts to run amuck!

blimp
Male Author

England
#26 | Posted: 24 Feb 2011 20:26
DannySwottem5:
Elements of domination,submission,humiliation,compliance,guilt,ecstasy,sadism/masochism/obsession and so on, it`s all there in the mix. A cocktail only true spankophiles can only begin to appreciate and then still be left wondering.

A friend of mine who confessed to an obsession with the subject of spanking said he thought the enjoyment came 99 per cent from the anticipation and 1 per cent from the realisation. It is a complex subject just as we are complex as human beings. I have never felt I have got to the "bottom" of it!

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#27 | Posted: 24 Feb 2011 22:20
It's interesting what people like about the stories. When I first started posting mine I felt I had far too much build up and not enough smacking from what I read elsewhere, but as I posted stuff it seemed that people preferred the build up to the spanking, just as long as they pay off was there somewhere. Even when I'm reading stories I often find little moments that don't include spanking are my favourites.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#28 | Posted: 25 Feb 2011 04:11
edb:
but the comment got me thinking; what is believable in this thing that we love.

Easy: Adults being spanked consentually. Totally believable and totally hot.....these occurrences happen every day. And I for one love reading about them. But you are right about every other scenario you listed being unbelievable. They are. And as such are not nearly as enjoyable to read.

However, I realize I am in a minority within a minority within a minority. (which ends up being a pretty freaking small subset at the end) One thorough search of the contents of this library, the hits on each, and the comments on each prove that most folks seem to love those schoolgirls and naughty secretaries. Oh well.

cfpub
Male Author

USA
#29 | Posted: 25 Feb 2011 22:08
In the early '80s there was a spanking publisher in FLl, Michael Thomas Productions, I believe who wrote a great number of stories in which newspaper boys spanked grown female customers of theirs. I gave it a plug in the newsletter I published (newsletter? it's sort of like a blog but it came out on paper rather than the internet and people got it in the mail, not email, oh don't bother trying to understand, just accept that we were primitive in those days) but I mentioned to my readers that the premise was a bit unlikely. Michael Thomas wrote me and asked how likely were the teenagers who accepted spankings from others in their lives. Having no reasonable answer available, I changed the subject.

helen1r
Female Member

Australia
#30 | Posted: 26 Feb 2011 04:11
I relate to FF fantasy stories especially in victorian households

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 5
larry, rnr, Smachtai
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9