The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Fantasy vs Reality

Page  Page 5 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5
CarolinaPaddler
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#41 | Posted: 15 Aug 2013 19:30
I have been fascinated reading this thread. There have been a lot of good points made and I better understand parameters for a credible story. On this site comments are interesting and informative and that is appreciated. This includes my fan fiction stories. However you would be amazed at the comments and especially guest comments one gets on a fan fiction site. they want to put you in little boxes and not branch out growing the character. This sometimes is even the case when you have established a behavior exhibited the deserves a punishment. In other words you have built a credible case.

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#42 | Posted: 15 Aug 2013 20:10
I like to write stories with realistic settings.Perhaps it's just the teacher in me that wants an interesting setting to share my traveling experiences. I also like doing research for a story. One of them involved a personal trainer who fell in love with his client training for an Ironman marathon. I knew little about that topic before I started writing.
But truly, they are all fiction and when I'm reading I keep that in mind. I do wonder about writers who use acute hyperbole. Then the story becomes a comedy. Sometimes that works. If I receive a comment complaining about realism, I usually tease my reader and remind them this is a fiction site.
I do not like stories of rape; I want to be warned. I also don't like non consensual spankings that are severe.
I know some members do not like sex mixed in with spanking, but I do. I never hesitate to read a purple or red dot story and usually enjoy them, unless they are abusive.

Islandcarol

virginiacherry
Female Member

USA
#43 | Posted: 2 Sep 2013 14:32
Jumping Rope is an excellent example of a realistic story, as well as a favorite to me. Spank Emily is a bit less likely, but it could happen. There's no spanking with this, then that, then the other thing, ... and on and on. These are two fairly simply stories. The first doesn't really leave much to the imagination .... though I do wonder what would have happened with the panties if he'd asked to play house or doctor (I'll comment on that thought.) And the second doesn't either. There, you have it, two fairly realistic examples.

MORE LIKE THESE!

Malcatraz
Male Author

USA
#44 | Posted: 4 Sep 2013 12:57
Unless you're writing science fiction, I think you are bound by the reality of the time period you are writing about. You wouldn't have an automobile in a story set in Victorian England. However, some improbability in individual scenarios can add to a story. I read one story about a woman being spanked severely by a ghost. Improbable, but the way it was presented made it a very good read.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#45 | Posted: 4 Sep 2013 13:56
I like to have a sense of reality to my stories. I often look for something different than the usual 'you naughty girl/boy.' I write a mixture of stories involving orientation. I'm not a big fan of Men spanking teenage girls, but I'll read the story if I start it because I enjoy quite a bit of the stories the LSF authors provide. I've written a few because I know that some readers enjoy that type of scenario. Nothing wrong with that at all. I'm not going to be judgmental. I can't be as I've said, I've written a few myself.

I'm not a big fan of a little woman bullying a grown man either in F/M. That is, unless the story provides proof ahead of time that the guy is into it, and that's his lifestyle. (or theirs). "Don't make me come over there and get you!" or "I'll tie you to the bed if you don't comply!" However, during the course of the action in the story, I've found many of these to be very erotic. Saying that, I continue to read and enjoy. Hell, it's fiction, and the writing in most cases is excellent.

Spanking of children is fine with me. I've done this quite a bit. However, I don't believe even in fiction that any kind of abuse should be involved. This also includes grown women and men. However, one of my 'Humiliation Factor' stories: Humiliation Factor - Michelle, is just that; abuse of a mother and daughter. I wrote it because of the feeling of reality in the world today. It happens. Some of the comments I received proved that. Lets face it, most of the stories if not fiction the characters would be behind bars or in an institution. That's what so great about fiction. Like cartoon characters, we can let them get away with all kinds of pitfalls.

All in all I enjoy most of the stories I read here. I enjoy making comments, and I enjoy getting feedback on my comments.

Page  Page 5 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 1
GreatExpectation, kanestrokes, saxes626
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9