The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Fantasy vs Reality

Page  Page 1 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5 »»
kleestep1959
Female Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 25 Jul 2010 17:18
Just curious ........

EVERYTHING I write is fantasy. To me Reality would be smacking a CHILD a total of five times on the backside for something VERY wrong. I can probably count on my hand the number of times I've spanked my children in their lifetime. BUT when I write ..... it is pure fantasy. Sometimes it is even way out there..... example being the story "Daddy's Little Black Book". I know many people comment that my stories are totally unrealistic......but where is the fun in reading a kid got smacked five times on his backside? (Now granted, I don't go for the spankings that go into hundreds and hundreds of swats....but a hundred or so over hours or even days would be tolerable to me.)

The question is......Do most people REALLY like reading realistic stories over fantasy? As I said, I am just very curious.

Katie B

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#2 | Posted: 25 Jul 2010 17:33
Hmmm I think I do like to read realistic stories to be honest. Out of choice I would read M/F stories, probably mostly domestic in origin. It is very individual I know but I like things that I can relate to. I dislike reading things like, 'well as it is your first time you can just have 24 of this dragon cane but if you move or make a sound I start again,' stuff like that is not realistic to me.

The types of story I do like, that may not be realistic are the clever, funny ones, with a twist.

However working on here means I read pretty much everything and I have to say that I have enjoyed some stories that I would never have chosen to read.

Stories about kids don't bother me but nor would I seek them out. F/M is not my thing at all but doesn't offend me. What I personally can not bear to read are tales of women being abused.

Linda
Female Author

Scotland
#3 | Posted: 25 Jul 2010 17:39
PinkAngel:
'well as it is your first time you can just have 24 of this dragon cane but if you move or make a sound I start again,'

I agree with you on that, Pink. Maybe I'm just a wimp, but I don't suffer stoically or silently!

Having said that, a story doesn't have to be totally realistic to engage me. If it's well written, I can suspend my disbelief and enjoy the tale. Let's face it, we all know rabbits and deer can't talk, but who hasn't enjoyed Bambi, and felt for him when his mother gets shot?

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 25 Jul 2010 21:23
I like to read mythologized accounts of corporal discipline in Victorian England. The accounts of cp in 19th century England are, I am sure, very exagerrated - but they fascinate me and even thrill me. The dreaded ultimate sanction - the public birching! Accounts of that get my hormones pumping and squirting. But I know that those stories are unrealistic.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 25 Jul 2010 21:34
kleestep1959:
example being the story "Daddy's Little Black Book". I know many people comment that my stories are totally unrealistic......but where is the fun in reading a kid got smacked five times on his backside?

I don't particularly want any reader to ever mistake any of my domestic child spanking stories for reality, (or anything that should be real) so such comments do not bother me when I receive them. In fact, I find such comments reassuring that the readers "get" the fantasy part.

spankdaddy
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 25 Jul 2010 23:26
I expect that most REAL stories are very embellished. In real stories of a couple who are both into the spanking scene, I can understand a long, painful, even blistering session. I know that some folks have a great tolerance for pain and need that sort of session to get satisfied. Those are not the normal true stories one reads. The normal real life spanking is short lived at best. I am a lover of sorority initiation paddling. I read a (TRUE) story where pledges were given 50 swats full force over their panties with a sorority paddle. That is just too much to believe and that "true" story quickly becomes a fantasy story to me regardless of what the author claims. The author could of wrote the story with the pledges getting 10 swats and it would have been believable and just as erotic to me.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 26 Jul 2010 02:58
There is a balancing act between reality and fantasy. To get 50 slow hand spanks on the bare with OTK is very realistic. What is most important is what occurs prior and after the punishment. For me, brutel punishment is fantasy. There can be alot of realistic stories that can be quite satisfing
Linda:
Having said that, a story doesn't have to be totally realistic to engage me. If it's well written, I can suspend my disbelief and enjoy the tale. Let's face it, we all know rabbits and deer can't talk, but who hasn't enjoyed Bambi, and felt for him when his mother gets shot?

That reminds me. You should read some of the stories that Felix Salten (author of Bambi) wrote.
Many noted authors wrote erotic stories for extra income under other names.

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 26 Jul 2010 16:19
Despite having confused fantasy with reality to my cost on occasion, I still think that all stories are true insofar as it is we readers who endow them with the trappings of reality. Are we humans dreaming we're spankos, or spankos dreaming we're human? (Sorry, don't mean to suggest the two are exclusive!) As Linda said, we suspend our disbelief (which varies) and enter into the world of the story (if well written and in accord enough with what we could imagine happening), bringing our own experience to compare, making our own judgements...which is why every story is inevitably different for each one of us. Each view is a new reality! Approaching a million now here in the library!
P.S. Is this codswallop? (And is that a kind of fishy spanking? Is spanking fishy? Homework.)

Gabbs
Female Author

England
#9 | Posted: 27 Jul 2010 04:14
TheEnglishMaster:
P.S. Is this codswallop? (And is that a kind of fishy spanking? Is spanking fishy? Homework.)

One would surmise that there has to be some discipline in a school of fish...(geddit?)

LawrenceKinden
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 27 Jul 2010 14:47
Boo to puns. We need not all be punished for your word play...

Anyway, I prefer mostly realistic spankings in fantastic situations. Even when I'm not writing stories involving magic and so on, the situations I write about are mostly exaggerated and likely wouldn't happen in real life without some sort of law enforcement becoming involved.

-LK

Page  Page 1 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 3
averam300, DjZolt, dougmorton, Omegalodon, patxi, rabbitrun, stevenr, tocciek, xenmur
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9