Room 101 - Pet Hates

Page  Page 13 of 18: «« 1 2  ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »»
Alef
Male Author

Norway
#121 | Posted: 9 May 2013 10:04
PinkAngel:
OLD ancient and often grumpy men

I was quite young at the time, and not grumpy at all!!

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#122 | Posted: 9 May 2013 10:22
njrick:
Alef:
Hotspur:
Imagine trying to explain the the Duckworth–Lewis method.

The WHAT???

Elementary, my dear Watson!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duckworth–Lewis_method

Ok.... now that I've read it, my question becomes this: other that the obviously-attractive statistical analysis involved, why would anyone care?

May I respectfully suggest that as an American you stick to watching wimps dressed up like Michelin Men playing so-called football? You can leave the study of the arcane rules of cricket to the existing worldwide audience including the 1.7 billion fanatics in the Indian sub-continent and a few aficionados like me in darkest Africa.

blimp
Male Author

England
#123 | Posted: 9 May 2013 10:25
Alef:
and not grumpy at all!!

I am not in the least bit grumpy either! I think we shall half the library down there by the time Her Pinkness has finished!

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#124 | Posted: 9 May 2013 13:30
Alef:
I was quite young at the time, and not grumpy at all!!

blimp:
I am not in the least bit grumpy either! I think we shall half the library down there by the time Her Pinkness has finished!

Hmm you two are clearly deluded... I would therefore like to add deluded grumps to the room 101 list... thank you very much

Oh and weather forecasters... they are simply useless!!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#125 | Posted: 9 May 2013 13:49
Hotspur:
May I respectfully suggest that as an American you stick to watching wimps dressed up like Michelin Men playing so-called football?

I prefer basketball myself, more the collegiate variety rather than pro, or even lacrosse.

But if you think American "football" to be so wimpy, feel free to don one of those "Michelin Man" outfits and take a hit from a 250-pound linebacker similarly attired. Since the helmet and pads are hardened, not soft, it makes the game more dangerous, not less. The players, thus "weaponized," are empowered to unleash themselves toward far more violent collisions (aided by the platooning of players which keeps them ever-fresh, rather than tiring, throughout the contest). Rugby has, to its credit, avoided this mis-step.

SPEAKING of "Michelin Man" get-ups - what about those ridiculous pads worn in cricket?

PinkAngel:
Alef:I was quite young at the time, and not grumpy at all!!

blimp:I am not in the least bit grumpy either! I think we shall half the library down there by the time Her Pinkness has finished!

Hmm you two are clearly deluded... I would therefore like to add deluded grumps to the room 101 list... thank you very much

Oh, quit your squabbling, would you? Geesh.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#126 | Posted: 9 May 2013 14:00
PinkAngel:
deluded grumps

For a horrible moment I thought that was "denuded grumps"...

PinkAngel

Scotland
#127 | Posted: 9 May 2013 14:06
Alef:
For a horrible moment I thought that was "denuded grumps"...

Could be arranged Now get back in that room

PinkAngel

Scotland
#128 | Posted: 9 May 2013 14:07
njrick:
Oh, quit your squabbling, would you? Geesh.

We're not squabbling - I like that word - I am merely putting them in room 101 where they belong!

blimp
Male Author

England
#129 | Posted: 9 May 2013 15:59
PinkAngel:
I am merely putting them in room 101 where they belong!

And I am putting the Pink Angelic one in there just as soon as we get the trapdoor widened sufficiently to squeeze that huge bum in!!

PS Alef told me to say that!

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#130 | Posted: 9 May 2013 16:45
blimp:
PS Alef told me to say that!

Oh my God, I must have sleepwalking again. Lucky I didn't stumble down that trap door.

Page  Page 13 of 18: «« 1 2  ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 6
brushonthebare, crusingp, ElyFant, Johnswitch, karen8419, Kasey, Red55102, wynchrls
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9