The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

author's prolificacy

Page  Page 5 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»
rollin
Male Member

USA
#41 | Posted: 15 May 2011 17:17
dicyverges:
the closest thing of mine to what you are looking for is a story called STRIPES. Good luck.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#42 | Posted: 15 May 2011 18:33
On the subject of Rear Admirals, the title means someone who commands the rear. Sounds like a dom to me.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#43 | Posted: 15 May 2011 18:39
barretthunter:
On the subject of Rear Admirals

Or it could be Blimp's butt is so hugh he needs to navigate very carefully each day, thereby taking command of his rear out of necessity rather then by choice. I mean Pink Angel said it was big and I have never known Pink Angel to stretch the truth.

blimp
Male Author

England
#44 | Posted: 15 May 2011 21:28
canadianspankee:
and I have never known Pink Angel to stretch the truth.

And I would sooner believe in the fairies at the bottom of the garden!!!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#45 | Posted: 15 May 2011 21:34
blimp:
I would sooner believe in the fairies at the bottom of the garden!!!

There ARE, you know. But alas... even that does not stop our beloved Pink from elasticizing the truth.

MarkPhoenix
Male Author

USA
#46 | Posted: 15 May 2011 22:02
Goodgulf:
If you enjoy Asimov, you should track down the last book he worked on. Asimov Laughs Again: More Than 700 Jokes, Limericks, and Anecdotes is a great book of humour mixed with reflections on his life as it was drawing to a close.

Have you ever read the collections of limericks Asimov wrote in collaboration with John Ciardi? The limericks are funny, but what's even more funny are the introductions, where Asimov and Ciardi spend most of their allotted space insulting the other.

MarkPhoenix
Male Author

USA
#47 | Posted: 15 May 2011 22:04
PinkAngel:
Oh yes, it sure is..... hugely, considerably, vastly, xxxLARGE There is photographic evidence on the forum somewhere too

Would this evidence show that he is a Rear Admiral Of The Red?

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#48 | Posted: 16 May 2011 00:51
MarkPhoenix:
Have you ever read the collections of limericks Asimov wrote in collaboration with John Ciardi? The limericks are funny, but what's even more funny are the introductions, where Asimov and Ciardi spend most of their allotted space insulting the other.

I haven't read that one - but there were some great limericks in his last book. Including one about a girl who could twirl in breasts in different directions. When telling it he would suggest that someone try telling it to a girl and the teller use his hands to show how they would twirl - saying that there might be a girl who (thinking it was part of the joke) would be okay with that. In the joke book he reveals he once got a letter from a young man saying "IT WORKED!!!!"

He also talked about the good natured slams he exchanged with other writers, publishers, and the people he used to lunch with. It's quite a good book - I'm going to have to track down another copy (loaned it to the wrong person).

Goodgulf

dicyverges
Male Member

Italy
#49 | Posted: 16 May 2011 05:40
canadianspankee

you touch on a crucial subject (it should be discussed in the forum)
Does a reader write himself a story that is up to his own innermost fantasy? (even supposing ,for the sake of argument,that he can become a writer)
I think that the deep meaning of the relationship between writer and reader (all the more so in this genre of literature) is essentially in the pleasure that the reader take in finding an author that share ( through writing) the same fantasy

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#50 | Posted: 16 May 2011 19:59
dicyverges:
Does a reader write himself a story that is up to his own innermost fantasy?

Hmmm..the vast majority of my stories and I would wager on this entire library are made from the writers fantasy's, I find personally the way to make the story come alive in my mind is to write it down as I go. Granted I will take out the name of any person I know included and change it just enough so no one local could recognize the people but that's it.

Finding other authors who write the same type of story is great, and having readers comment on how they enjoyed it is fantastic, however I write for me for the most part. I as the writer know what the background is exactly, the readers can guess but they are guessing while I know. There is a deep satisfaction when I know others like my stories as there is for all the writers on this site, however for me I wrote stories long before I joined this site just for my own satisfaction, they never were published anywhere and I enjoyed writing and reading those stories as much as I do writing on this site.

I think most readers could write, it is a scary thought for many and a lot doubt their abilities, however I find if one reads a lot (and there are a lot of readers who do read hundreds of stories), the writing of one becomes easier. Most people do not write on this site because they doubt their own abilities, and that is too bad because we lose a lot of good writers that way. I started here in Jan 2011 and it scared the pants off me to publish my first story but I got a lot of support via comments and suggestions from other authors and readers.

My relationship with the readers on this site is limited to the few hundred who comment out of the thousands on the site, I do not know if I have a deep relationship with any of them just as I do not have a deep relationship with other authors whose stories I read and enjoy on a regular basis. One can over think this relationship business, just write for your own satisfaction and others who enjoy it will read and comment making it even better, but for the most part writing stories is for the author's joy in my opinion.

Page  Page 5 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 12
FiddlersGreen, manhattan, SlippersSting, steply, twinkieshark
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9