The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

writing style

Page  Page 5 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»
cfpub
Male Author

USA
#41 | Posted: 6 Feb 2011 05:08
Goodgulf
It would be appropriate to point out here that Robert Howard also had a not insignificant number of spankings scattered through his works and at least one short story, "Daughters of the Feud" which would not be at all out of place in The Library.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#42 | Posted: 6 Feb 2011 05:13
cfpub:
It would be appropriate to point out here that Robert Howard also had a not insignificant number of spankings scattered through his works

Hmm... my high school senior English teacher's name was Robert Howard...

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#43 | Posted: 6 Feb 2011 05:26
In reply to DannySwottem5's comments on correct punctuation, It is well known that Shakespeare couldn't spell and often used more than one spelling for the same word. If he had been worried about his improper spelling we wouldn't have all of his now highly revered works! So the moral of the story is: if you enjoy writing, don't be hung up about the so called 'rules' which can definitely inhibit creativity if you over-stres about them.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#44 | Posted: 6 Feb 2011 05:28
Notice my 'deliberate'.....(well, okay it was accidental) typo of the word 'stress'

Linda
Female Author

Scotland
#45 | Posted: 6 Feb 2011 19:57
DannySwottem5:
English was not my strongest subject at school and it probably shows all too clearly in some of my offerings.

I think you are being much too hard on yourself, Danny. Your comments and Forum posts are articulate and well-expressed.

It's not necessary to actually understand what past participles or adverbial clauses or whatever are in order to use them, you know.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#46 | Posted: 6 Feb 2011 19:59
Linda:
It's not necessary to actually understand what past participles or adverbial clauses or whatever are in order to use them, you know.

And some of us can understand them and STILL mis-use them.

Linda
Female Author

Scotland
#47 | Posted: 6 Feb 2011 20:04
njrick:
And some of us can understand them and STILL mis-use them.

Surely not a master of the written word such as yourself, nj! Heaven forbid!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#48 | Posted: 6 Feb 2011 20:06
Linda:
Surely not a master of the written word such as yourself, nj! Heaven forbid!

I said 'some of us,' not ME. Surely you didn't think I was including myself in the 'some.' Heaven forbid - exactly!

Linda
Female Author

Scotland
#49 | Posted: 6 Feb 2011 20:09
njrick:
Surely you didn't think I was including myself in the 'some.' Heaven forbid - exactly!

Silly me! You are of course unique, and could never be included in 'some'! Twenty lashes with a wet noodle for me for even thinking such a thing!

DannySwottem5
Male Member

England
#50 | Posted: 6 Feb 2011 21:06
Thanks a lot for your encouragement Linda, it`s much appreciated. It does all sound so simple when you say it though and I have to own up here, I`ve never heard of a past participle until now. Just as well you`re one of the team who manage this Library as opposed to myself as chaos would undoubtedly ensue. You all do a great job, all I have to do is browse and read and contribute bits and pieces here and there but a site such as this doesn`t just magically happen, it must take a lot of effort to keep it up to date and it is very well structured indeed. Little wonder it is so successful and it`s good to be on board. Thanks a lot.

Page  Page 5 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»

Online now: Members - 2 : Guests - 9
Bra1cz, Toewser
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9