The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Your WORST work

Page  Page 7 of 9: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »»
opb
Male Author

England
#61 | Posted: 13 Mar 2012 14:47
jools:
Perhaps because it is childlike escapism, written in the style of Enid Blyton, it was unpopular here on an adult website hehe. However it was my (albeit failed) attempt at political in-correctness by reinserting spankings into children's stories.

I did write a story for the SSS short story competition in this sort of genre. Called Hide and Seek it parodies an actual reading scheme book of the same name I had as a child. It is not in the KLSF, nor yet in the other repository of my work Spanking Classics, as it contains minors; in one case Child/child and in the other case off-screen Parent/child. Whilst it's funny for the parody aspect of it, the fact that it contains these elements makes me uneasy.

njrick:
cayenne:
My weakest have been sequels.

I have NEVER had a successful sequel.

Sequels are, by their nature more difficult beasts to tame, one needs to have a better second idea to drive the story. Mostly those readers requesting a sequel are doing so precisely because the first story succeeded so well in its duty - that of leaving the reader wanting more - and therefore, are, by definition pretty good stories. For that reason it becomes harder to top it with a believeable subsequent idea.

Often an author will regurgitate the original story but in order to make up for the lack of novelty will make the spanking more severe. This rarely works in my opinion.

The main example of a sequel in my own work is Inspector Doyle and the Strange Case of the Handcuffed Woman which I wrote in order to tell what happened after I had left the victim in an awkward ( if familiar within these pages) position at the end of Inspector Doyle. It really isn't so good as the original, despite containing more spanking and more humour. It exists just to tell what happened next, and that's not necessarily the best reason to write a story.

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#62 | Posted: 13 Mar 2012 15:25
My favourite story about a sequel was the remark supposedly made by a Hollywood producer after the highly successful 50's movie, 'The Virgin Queen' starring Bette Davis as Elizabeth 1.

He apparently suggested the title of the sequel should be 'Son of the Virgin Queen.'

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#63 | Posted: 13 Mar 2012 17:45
When the film "The Karate Kid" first came out, it for some reason got the Norwegian title "Sannhetens øyeblikk" (Moment of Truth), and the sequel hence became "Moment of Truth, Part 2". A very long moment indeed....

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#64 | Posted: 13 Mar 2012 18:21
Alef:
When the film "The Karate Kid" first came out, it for some reason got the Norwegian title "Sannhetens øyeblikk" (Moment of Truth), and the sequel hence became "Moment of Truth, Part 2". A very long moment indeed....

Well, I enjoyed the first sequel, the one set mostly on Okinawa, but it wasn't really any sort of continuation from the original movie other than having the same two leading characters.

I especially liked Mr. Myagi's response when Daniel asked him if he could break a tree trunk with a karate chop: "Don't know, never been attacked by tree."

(IIRC it turned out that he could, if circumstances required it to rescue a friend-enemy-friend...) --C.K.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#65 | Posted: 13 Mar 2012 22:13
The Karate Kid Pt2 was really a remake of 1, but set on Okinawa. I can see why they titled it Moment of Truth, because that's essentially what it was about. It all came down to that last moment in the final. Would have loved to see Elizabeth Shue spank him, though.

supermario
Male Author

England
#66 | Posted: 13 Mar 2012 23:11
I have written a few horrendous stories, mostly posted on the old F/M spanking board, the one that stands out the most was one called "A Travelling Supper".
I must say I have yet to read one as horrendous as that here on this board as I think that I am in illustrious company here and if I can be half as good as my contemporary here on this board I would have achieved something.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#67 | Posted: 14 Mar 2012 02:19
opb:
Mostly those readers requesting a sequel are doing so precisely because the first story succeeded so well in its duty - that of leaving the reader wanting more - and therefore, are, by definition pretty good stories. For that reason it becomes harder to top it with a believeable subsequent idea.

Very well said. In fact, it's so well said I'd love to hear more. Could you please just write a little se-.... er, addendum... to that comment?

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#68 | Posted: 14 Mar 2012 04:37
opb
I did write a story for the SSS short story competition in this sort of genre. C 
alled Hide and Seek it parodies an actual reading scheme book of the same name I had 
as a child. It is not in the KLSF, nor yet in the other repository of my work Spanki 
n g Classics, as it contains minors; in one case Child/child and in the other case off
- screen Parent/child. Whilst it's funny for the parody aspect of it, the fact that it contains these elements makes me uneasy.

Opb: I'm sure your story was an excellent parody and since fiction (and especially true of many spanking fiction stories) requires us to suspend disbelief in many cases, one shouldn't feel uncomfortable about these elements with a parody concept

My Tilly story also required a huge suspension of disbelief since it involved Goblin/Elf and Goblin/child and Goblin/Teen spankings

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#69 | Posted: 15 Mar 2012 18:25
jools:
My Tilly story also required a huge suspension of disbelief since it involved Goblin/Elf and Goblin/child and Goblin/Teen spankings

Um, what suspension of disbelief? Wait, are you trying to say that Goblins and Elves aren't real?

Goodgulf

sixofthebest
Male Member

USA
#70 | Posted: 17 Mar 2012 01:32
All the spanking stories, that I have read in this wonderous library are good, because they are written well. The difference comes from whether, one likes the subject matter of these stories, or not. And all of us said 'spanko's' have a variety of opinions on that. And by 'subject matter', I mean what turns you on.

Page  Page 7 of 9: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 5
bit123, chris37, derekjster, Dlee196, tony55
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9