Your WORST work

Page  Page 6 of 9: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »»
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#51 | Posted: 12 Mar 2012 04:49
KJM:
I can't write a series without at some point losing the interest. So, my series are unfinished making even a good idea getting transformed into a tailless beast.

Well put. That's why I write stories with a beginning, a middle and an end. When I reach the end, I stop. There's no point in telling more.

Sarah89
Female Author

USA
#52 | Posted: 12 Mar 2012 05:39
rollin:
I disagree. I think you always have to set up why the spanking occurs. Otherwise you are just writing an action scene. One of the challenges is thinking of new and inventive plots that lead to the inevitable chastisement, be it for sex or punishment. I certainly agree that the overused credit-card-stayed-out-late-shoplifter-smoking-drinking etc plot lines are too overly familiar. That is our challenge as authors--come up with something new and different.

Totally agree. Of course I love the actual spanking scene, but the best stories have a creative build up to it that's engaging and makes us care about the characters involved. I don't normally like stories that just jump to the punishment and barely mention the reason for it (although I have found some exceptional stories that do this).

As far as embarrassing works, I have plenty. The other day I was sorting through files on my computer and found some of my first attempts at spanking stories from a couple of years ago... my goodness. At least I've improved since then. I guess the good part about reading old, bad stories is realizing how much better you've become.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#53 | Posted: 12 Mar 2012 06:06
My other story (well series) which bombed here (although I am still glad I posed it) is 'Tilly's Enchanted Forrest'. Perhaps because it is childlike escapism, written in the style of Enid Blyton, it was unpopular here on an adult website hehe.

Jools, that was an excellent series, it never got the attention it deserved, of course I may be saying that because I was a big fan of Enid Blyton's work as a child.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#54 | Posted: 12 Mar 2012 07:23
Sarah89:
As far as embarrassing works, I have plenty. The other day I was sorting through files on my computer and found some of my first attempts at spanking stories from a couple of years ago... my goodness. At least I've improved since then. I guess the good part about reading old, bad stories is realizing how much better you've become.

Sarah, you're a good writer and I enjoy the stories I read. We all have started out sounding like hacks when we read our own stories back then. Being here at the library, I feel I've become better myself.

B

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#55 | Posted: 12 Mar 2012 13:14
bendover:
We all have started out sounding like hacks when we read our own stories back then.

I disagree. My earliest stories are posted here and hold up very well (the LSF is missing only my very first attempt, which I've somehow misplaced). I do think that most of my more recent stories are even better. The truly bad ones I've written (and generally posted nowhere), though, have happened at random times in my writing career, not just as I was getting started.

I do agree with rollin & Sarah89 - I (almost) always need a plot to set up the spanking.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#56 | Posted: 12 Mar 2012 14:59
I don't think my first stories are much worse than the rest (the first two, "A Note from School 1" and "After Shopping", are actually among my most popular stories here), but I hope I have developed in other ways by taking on more ambitious themes and making small excursions out of my comfort zone. In principle, my policy is that each story should contain something that is new (to me) — a new theme, a new perspective or a new genre, but I must admit that some stories are still mainly run-of-the-mill. Although such stories may not be less good or less interesting than the others, I tend to be less satisfied with them.

smeple
Male Author

USA
#57 | Posted: 13 Mar 2012 00:32
Being the positive optimist that I am (is there any other kind of optimist), with regard to my stories, I feel certain I haven't yet written my worst story. Yes, sports fans, the worst is yet to come! Something to look forward to, so keep an eye out.

Oh, and when you find it, don't forget to comment!

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#58 | Posted: 13 Mar 2012 05:30
Thanks so much Goodgulf, Seegee and njrick for your kind words about my 'Tilly' serial . The story was a whole lot of fun to write actually so I'm glad you enjoyed it. The other reasons I think it bombed here is because it took a long while to get to the spanking scene so people quit out on it before they got there... or just read the spanking scene without the rest of the story surrounding it. They therefore missed the wider plot line, deeper aspects of the story and the moral.

The moral I have learnt however, when writing stories for this site, is to put more focus on the spanking scene or scenes yet still build believable characters and plot around it without taking too many pages to do so heheh!

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#59 | Posted: 13 Mar 2012 06:21
If you want to do that, then that's fine for you. Personally, I rarely write with a specific audience in mind. I know a few people who really enjoyed my story The Magistrate and since they took the time to let me know I've written a few other stories along the same vein, but I'm not disappointed by the most recently completed long story I've done (Bamber). I knew that few people were spankos, Zelazny fans, and Zelazny fanfic fans - but it was interesting writing all of that in the first person, trying match the novels, and inserting a few allusions.

Always write the story that you want to tell - and if people like then that's a bonus.

Goodgulf

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#60 | Posted: 13 Mar 2012 07:45
As I've told a few people one of the best spanking stories I ever read didn't have a spanking in it. It was hinted at and mentioned, but no spanking ever took place. Unfortunately the author had some issues with it and buried it after sharing it with a select few, I was fortunate enough to be one of them.

Page  Page 6 of 9: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 11
donut88, Hilip, taxbag
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9