LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Question for our American members.

Page  Page 4 of 14: «« 1 2 3 4 5  ... 10 11 12 13 14 »»
opb
Male Author

England
#31 | Posted: 9 Nov 2019 15:29
There was a song here now removed, called Spanking Me Swiftly With His Thong by the Antipodean songstress Jools which brings up all manner of incorrect images.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#32 | Posted: 9 Nov 2019 17:00
Brosse6
Have seen the word Heinie for Germans, derived no doubt from the proper names Heine or Heinz.
Just like "dago" for Latino people being a corruption of the Spanish name Diego.
Strangely also applied in the past to Italians. Some teammates called the great Joe DiMaggio "the Big Dago", back at a time when ethnic and racial slurs were rather widely accepted in our society. Very much for the best although at times difficult for members of older generations who used them and felt it was okay. For instance, former Vice-President Spiro Agnew came under attack for referring to a Japanese reporter as a " fat Jap." Yet read anything written in World War II days and the term was very widely used and never questioned.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#33 | Posted: 9 Nov 2019 19:12
I appreciated the clarification of the meaning of forms in the British school system.
Ah yes, It took me a while to puzzle out the various terms in the James Bond novels.
Hairbrushes used as implements in the US were once very common, and an acquaintance told me her mother used one on her bare bottom.
'Slippers' can be either very effective or somewhat erotic, depending on various factors. (That's another word that can have different meanings in the US and the UK)
I'm surprised no one mentioned the French word derriere in reference to bottoms.

lesliejones
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#34 | Posted: 9 Nov 2019 19:22
In terms of usage, fanny in the US always means bottom, while in the UK, usually it means a woman's genitalia. I like bottom although people in the US tend to use ass, which sounds cruder to me but is accurate in terms of usage. Arse is a British term. Younger people in the US use booty which connotes a sexy bottom. Paddles are common in the US--used in schools in the South and in fraternities and sororities in colleges and high schools everywhere. I like the cane for its crispness and sting but it is not common in the US, nor is the martinet, that wonderful French implement. Whips also remain in use in the US--their range is large and to me, whipping sounds like a severe punishment, although it may not be as severe as a caning.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#35 | Posted: 9 Nov 2019 19:48
Patron:
CrimsonKidCK

Re: Hairbrush vs. Slipper

This is regional within America, not necessarily America vs. Abroad. Spanking with slippers and shoes as fairly popular in general, but much more so with the Latino population, who still talk about the "chancla" or "chancleta" even as young adults.

I can't recall if I've heard an American adult (or child) reference being spanked with the hairbrush. I know it's happened, but in my personal experience, those stories are far more rare than stories about the shoe, slipper or chancla/flip-flop.

Well, I grew up and was a young adult in upstate New York, and there were considerable references to the hairbrush as a spanking implement, along with the leather belt--they seemed like the most commonly used 'instruments of corporal correction' employed in households, followed by the maternal wooden spoon for younger children and the bath brush for older ones.

The paddle was associated mostly with school punishments, however the strap (other than a doubled-up belt) didn't seem all that popular, although farm parents might employ an old-style razor strop on their children's posteriors.

A leather sandal might be used in an impromptu spanking session, primarily outdoors during summertime, also a rubber flip-flop, notably at the beach or pool, but I don't recall hearing much at all about "shoes" or "slippers" as spanking implements.

Here in the Lone Star State (Texas), references to household disciplining of children appear to be mostly about the sound application of a belt or switch to a misbehaving child's rear end, while in schools a wooden paddle remains the favored butt-whacker.

Finally, there is the souvenir-style paddle with a humorous slogan, such as "FOR THE CUTE LITTLE DEER WITH THE BEAR BEHIND" (illustrated with a bear cub following a fawn), sometimes sold at roadside shops, which may be found displayed on the wall in an American home. Although supposedly intended to be humorous, it's often sturdy enough to be quite effective at whacking a "bear" bottom--and in many cases serves exactly that purpose on occasion.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/645270696/cute-deer-bear-behind-spanking-paddle?ref=hp_r v-1&frs=1

Personally, I'm still rather fond of the hairbrush (specifically a sturdy, flat-backed wooden model), due to it being so well-suited to administering a thorough over-the-knee spanking, plus its association with females wielding it...

--C.K.

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#36 | Posted: 9 Nov 2019 20:04
The Hairbrush appears to have been a common boudoir weapon of choice on both sides of the pond from back in Victorian times, largely because most mothers and nannies had long hair back then that they used to brush out every evening before bed. So the brush was always readily available for other disciplinary tasks.

Spankedjenny
Female Validater

USA
#37 | Posted: 10 Nov 2019 02:00
Brosse6:
The Hairbrush appears to have been a common boudoir weapon of choice on both sides of the pond from back in Victorian times, largely because most mothers and nannies had long hair back then that they used to brush out every evening before bed. So the brush was always readily available for other disciplinary tasks.

I can attest that back in the 1970's and early '80's the wooden maternal hairbrush was applied vigorously and often in one household... Also the leather razor strap (I know that it's technically a razor strop but it was referred to as the razor strap where I lived)!

kagie
Female Member

USA
#38 | Posted: 10 Nov 2019 22:09
I also stories from the UK but I find the cane a little too harsh. Different cultures I suppose.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#39 | Posted: 11 Nov 2019 03:01
Like Crimson Kid I too think of the hairbrush as the female's implement of choice. And the razor strop or the belt as male, because historically men owned fazor strops for shaving purposes and wore belts, at a time when women wearing pants was far less common(and even frowned upon by the proclaimers of what was proper attire).
On the other hand, takes little imagination to realize that a spanking husband might use her own hairbrush on her. And in the bedroom good possibility it would be on her bare bottom!

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#40 | Posted: 11 Nov 2019 08:01
I have always viewed "The Belt" as a Blue Collar weapon, largely because manual workers wore one, whilst the White Collar wore braces, or as the Americans amusingly call them "suspenders".

If I wore "suspenders" my wife would divorce me, but she likes me in a pair of braces however.

Page  Page 4 of 14: «« 1 2 3 4 5  ... 10 11 12 13 14 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 4
betula, Dejo, invadertim, trollberry
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9