The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Amazing Grace

Page  Page 1 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5 »»
PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 18 Aug 2013 13:20
With 1,776 items posted, totalling over 2,100,000 words, and currently acclaimed with 6,917 comments and 3,758 favourites, the ever-wonderful Grace Brackenridge makes the rest of us authors look like sluggards. And at one time we could expect new, deliciously edgy stories of soundly spanked teens and pre-teens from her almost every week.

Yet alas, it's now over a year since Grace posted any new stories on the LSF. Grace, where are you? We miss you!

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 19 Aug 2013 00:13
And that's a fact Dr. Grace. We do indeed miss you and charming Grace. Always a good read and so unique. Where ever you have gotten off to I hope the universe is treating you well.
Grin!

rollin
Male Member

USA
#3 | Posted: 19 Aug 2013 15:11
That's the thing about internet identities--no one knows who you really are. So if a person disappears, no one knows whether they lost interest and moved on to other things, or if they got hit by a bus. There is no way (short of calling up the NSA) to find out what happened. Sometimes folks have multiple outlets like a blog or a presence in some on-line community where there is more information, but that does not appear to be the case here.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#4 | Posted: 19 Aug 2013 15:22
According to the membership list she has been here very recently, so this may just be a question of lack of time or inspiration (although the latter seems extremely unlikely in her case!)

kylem
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 20 Aug 2013 08:56
Some of us might consider that there is such a thing as enough Grace Brackenridge stories. Maybe she's one of them.

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 20 Aug 2013 11:46
kylem:
Some of us might consider that there is such a thing as enough Grace Brackenridge stories. Maybe she's one of them.

Seems a slightly ungracious response....

blimp
Male Author

England
#7 | Posted: 20 Aug 2013 11:47
kylem:
Some of us might consider that there is such a thing as enough Grace Brackenridge stories.

I disagree. Surely you can't have enough of a good thing. Grace is a wonderfully talented writer.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 20 Aug 2013 12:38
Alef:
According to the membership list she has been here very recently

I've seen Dr Grace stopping by fairly regularly, generally reading one of her own stories. She told me once that she does it to refresh her memory so that she can reply to comments. Given the number of stories she's written, I can see why she would need to refresh her memory.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 20 Aug 2013 17:52
I always enjoy Grace's stories and have read many of them. Everyone needs to take a break now and again, and she definitely deserves that much. There are a lot of stories by her to go around.

kylem
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 21 Aug 2013 04:03
My point is, quantity does not equal quality. I have enjoyed quite a few of Grace's stories, and have a number of them in my favorites list, but I have always had the impression that they seem to be written in a hurry, perhaps, good ideas not given proper development. And how someone who has written so many spanking stories can fail to grasp the simple idea that "spank spank spank" is a pretty lousy substitute for an actual description, especially since she is quite capable of providing one, escapes me. Does that not bother you? How much better so many stories would be (not just hers, by any means) if more time were spent on a smaller number of them.

Apologies, then, for my earlier snark - it's my natural reaction to gush. I wouldn't bother to read her stories if there wasn't something in them I appreciated, I just with they were more deserving of the praise we like to give them.

Page  Page 1 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 9
cheerios3833, Joechangiowa, laststraw, laura82, orjan, Seegee
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9