The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Amazing Grace

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»
KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#21 | Posted: 21 Aug 2013 18:33
Goodgulf:
On the other hand, it fills in a vast amount of description.

Grace uses this also for another reason (in my opinion). Quite a lot of her stories focus on the young Grace's desperate seek of a spanking. What matters is the way she plots successfully to get spanked and her (and others) reactions after the spanking. The spanking itself would be a repetition of the same in many stories, so Grace replaces it with the spank, spank, spank and lets the reader fill in the gaps.

I find myself in a very similar situation in my approach to a spanking story as a reader or as a writer. I'm much more interested in the before and the after than in the blow by blow description of the spanking itself.

Minidancer
Female Author

England
#22 | Posted: 21 Aug 2013 22:22
I have to disagree, KJM. Of course its only my own personal preference but i love a detailed spanking description. There is nothing more disappointing (for me) than reading a long steamy build up, only to have it end with a brief spank spank spank!

blimp
Male Author

England
#23 | Posted: 21 Aug 2013 23:39
kylem:
it's my natural reaction to gush. I wouldn't bother to read her stories if there wasn't something in them I appreciated, I just with they were more deserving of the praise we like to give them.

It is certainly not gush. I hope I am incapable of gushing. I think Grace is a very naturally gifted writer. In particular I feel she has a wonderful ear for dialogue, her plots are inventive, the atmosphere sometimes reminiscent of a steamy Tennessee Williams play with obviously a spanking at some point or other. If she does use the spank spank spank shortcut at times who really cares? Not me for sure.

My own natural reaction to an attack on a fellow author was to rally to the defence. Even if you don't care for Grace's work it wasn't really necessary to say what you said, kylem.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#24 | Posted: 22 Aug 2013 00:20
There are two things I admire about Grace's work:

1. Her titles. I could probably select her titles from a random group of spanking titles with at least 80% accuracy. They are that good and that distinctive. I wish I could match that.

2. Her accuracy. OK, this is an assumption but... She must write and publish stories in a single pass with little or proofreading. She is just too prolific to have done it any other way. (Unless she has an editorial staff she's never told us about) For me, writing is a laborious, time consuming and iterative process. I limp along; she flies!

kylem
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#25 | Posted: 22 Aug 2013 04:27
blimp:
My own natural reaction to an attack on a fellow author was to rally to the defence. Even if you don't care for Grace's work it wasn't really necessary to say what you said, kylem.

(Ah! It works - thanks!)
It was hardly an attack on a fellow author, it was a disagreement over the overall quality of an author's work. Fair game, I'd say. What's the point of a forum if you can't express what you think? I did make it a point to say that I liked much of her work, and I meant that as well.

Resume the gush-fest.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#26 | Posted: 22 Aug 2013 04:47
I personally do not like Grace's stories and have not read or commented on them for over a year for a few reasons, but none of them for her story writing. However there are many who do like them and so be it. She has her followers and rightly so.

As far at the "spank spank spank" goes, I generally consider it as an author being a little on the "I don't know what to say now" mode so he/she fills in the blank spaces. I have seen the "spank spank spank" work effectively in in very few of the stories that use it out of all I have read, in my personal opinion.

blimp
Male Author

England
#27 | Posted: 22 Aug 2013 08:28
kylem:
Resume the gush-fest.

What was it my grandmother used to regularly say to me when I was little? Ah yes, I remember...if you can't say anything nice don't bother to say anything at all. Shame you didn't have a grandmother like mine kylem.

gail
Female Author

Canada
#28 | Posted: 22 Aug 2013 15:20
canadianspankee:
I personally do not like Grace's stories and have not read or commented on them for over a year for a few reasons, but none of them for her story writing. However there are many who do like them and so be it. She has her followers and rightly so

I am with you here, CS. Spanking fiction is actually such a broad segment; there are so many sub-genres and styles that enable you to find something that does actually appeal (My challenge entry was pointed out by one reader to be more BDSM than spanking...fancy that!).

kylem:
It was hardly an attack on a fellow author, it was a disagreement over the overall quality of an author's work.

However, by many indicators, she is a star and does a appeal to many, so all credit to her there.

DLandhill
Male Author

USA
#29 | Posted: 22 Aug 2013 23:58
Goodgulf:
I write things longer than they need be. I get so caught up in detail that I add paragraph after paragraph on boring subjects (which seem vital to the story as I write it). I'll take the the time to go smack by smack only to have it hit mean that I'd fill pages during a long spanking.

Then I look at Grace and see her doing the same (or better) job in under 1000 words. Sure, some of them are
spank spank spank spank
rather than an in depth treatment of each spank, but it gets the point across without hitting the reader with a wall of text.

Three is room for both Tolstoy and Hemingway, or perhaps i should say both Tolstoy and O'Henry. Some authors do concise well, some others do their best work at extended lengths.

In fact, i have enjoyed your stories, Goodgulf, generally more than those of Grace, although both are quite good on average.

markomat
Male Member

USA
#30 | Posted: 23 Aug 2013 16:19
Just want to add my two cents and say how much I enjoy Dr. Grace's stories.
I think anyone who has contributed so much to this site deserves a little slack.
While each and every story is not great there are many that are excellent .
I know my favorites list includes lots of her stories.
I would like to see her add to her work but either way, Thank you.

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 3
Alef, Heaton, serman
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9