The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Fanfiction

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
Guy
Male Author

USA
#11 | Posted: 30 Jun 2013 15:30
Underling:
I rarely read fanfiction stories, but not because I have any kind of downer on them. I'm just often not familiar with the original work - for example, I've never read a Harry Potter book, nor seen a Harry Potter movie - and clearly to get the most out of the fan stories you need to be familiar with the source material.

Bingo! I couldn't have said it better myself. I read continuously, yet I seem to read nothing popular enough to lend itself to fan fiction. I have little use for TV, so that shuts off another avenue for familiarity with fan fiction sources. Therefore, I generally avoid spanking fanfic.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#12 | Posted: 30 Jun 2013 16:35
I'm not a fan fiction person. I've seen a few involving Star Trek and Harry Potter, but never really got into them. I like sticking to my own ideas and stories.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 30 Jun 2013 18:28
I've done a few fanfic stories - and they are mark as such in the library. When flagged as fanfic a "we aren't challenging copyright" disclaimer gets added to the story, which is a nice touch.

I've also seen some very bad fanfic. The worse are stories that can be described as "If I was in that series then the main characters would really like me and we'd have fun together" fantasies. The term "Mary Sue" even comes from the world of fanfic (Mary Sue was the youngest ensign in the history of Star Fleet and when she was assigned to the Enterprise then Kirk, Spock, and the rest loved her).

I generally view Fanfic in two categories:
1) the author uses the main characters: otherwise known as "Buffy gets a spanking", "Hermione gets the Cane", "Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Red Bottom", "Captain Kirk Spanks Where No Man has Spanked Before" etc. You use at least some of the main characters from that book, film, TV, whatever. Since everyone has their own view of those characters there's a very good chance the witter won't be able to write a good version of the character. Many, if not most, main characters come off as one dimensional caricature of the wonderful multidimensional characters that appear in the main work. The ones that work best involve a hated character getting what's coming to her/him. Someone annoying, supercilious, or otherwise disliked getting a good spanking - which is why there were tons of "Wesley Crusher gets spanked" fanfic stories back in the day.

2) the author only uses the world. "Tammy the Vampire Slayer gets a spanking", "Brendora Woodwand Gets Spanked at Hogwarts", "A Baker Street Irregular Earns her Shilling", "An Ensign Is Spanked At Star Fleet Academy", etc. In other words you skip the main characters and just borrow the setting. Everyone knows about Star Fleet Academy so you set a spanking story there - with no sign of Kirk, Picard, Sisko, or any other main character.

I've done both - but I have to say that the first one is the hardest for me to do. Every character has his/her own speaking patterns and if you don't nail them then the story crashes. I needed to either have the book open or practically be watching the show as I wrote them.

Goodgulf

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 30 Jun 2013 23:30
I've written a couple of fanfiction pieces, not spanking ones, though. I did get someone to submit a spanking scene from one of the Harry Potter's for BA. We went with the premise that Rowling wrote it, but deleted it and BA had managed to uncover it. I always thought the idea behind Ann Brashere's teen classic The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants just screamed out for a spanking story. In the list of rules that the girls write up around the pants, one of them concerns the girls either doing or not doing something under threat of a severe or painful spanking.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 30 Jun 2013 23:47
I've thought about writing FanFic about The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants, but I've never read the books or watched the movies... But that could change if there are spanking references in the books.

Maybe The Sisterhood of the Smackable Pants will get written...

Goodgulf

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 1 Jul 2013 02:32
That's the only one I'm aware of, but it does open up possibilities. Maybe there's someone here who read the books as a teen.

felicitylewis
Male Member

England
#17 | Posted: 21 Jan 2014 07:31
I enjoy fanfiction alot, i just wish some the series that have have been stopped by the authors had been finished.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 21 Jan 2014 08:20
Goodgulf:
Someone annoying, supercilious, or otherwise disliked getting a good spanking - which is why there were tons of "Wesley Crusher gets spanked" fanfic stories back in the day.

LOL!

Well, you've got me there, as I've written two fanfiction stories in which Wesley Crusher gets his bare behind smacked by an attractive female--however, I don't particularly dislike the character myself.

However, I've also done stories featuring more positively regarded characters being spanked (or about to be)--Anakin Skywalker, Charlie Brown, Dr. Julian Bashir, Henry Mills ("Once Upon a Time"), Seven of Nine, Ron Weasley, Sirius Black, Clark Kent, Chloe Sullivan ("Smallville"), Buffy Summers, Frodo Baggins, etc.

Doing a "Veronica Mars" fanfiction story would be challenging to attempt--there are certainly plenty of characters for her to paddle--or possibly a "Gilmore Girls" one, perhaps with the grandmother spanking her daughter and granddaughter.

There are lots of ideas anyway... --C.K.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#19 | Posted: 21 Jan 2014 08:29
Seegee:
I always thought the idea behind Ann Brashere's teen classic The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants just screamed out for a spanking story. In the list of rules that the girls write up around the pants, one of them concerns the girls either doing or not doing something under threat of a severe or painful spanking.

Failure in passing on the "traveling pants" to the next female due to receive them, according to the schedule drawn up, I believe--that would set up an obvious spanking-based scenario, the three other girls giving that transgressor the "severe spanking" promised in the rules.

Of course, to write such a fanfiction story somewhat convincingly, the author would have to have read the book first... --C.K.

flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#20 | Posted: 21 Jan 2014 12:36
The only thing I ever wrote that may be considered fan fiction is a piece that I have kept exclusively to myself. The characters in it are cartoon characters, and it is written with all the extremes that can be taken advantage of as such, so that it is as graphic as my imagination could make it and yet still has a touch of humor.

Maybe this is connected to my fascination of spanking art, I have no idea.
The juvenile characters that have been discussed here, The Harry Potter series, and the Traveling Pants movies, are just that, young people. They are excellent stories/movies and I have read and seen them all, but since TTWD is mostly sexual for me, putting them in that situation does not appeal.

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 10
FinalDual, hootgoat, larry, Schoyce1, swfisher, terabit, thribble, Zedbront
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9