LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Fanfiction

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
mobile_carrot
Male Author

England
#1 | Posted: 30 Jun 2013 09:14
Like school stories with lots of caning and slippering? Disappointed that the Harry Potter series were a bit thin on that score? Don't worry, you can write your own! Well, I wouldn't on principle but there's plenty around.
What is the LSF policy on spanko fanfiction?

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#2 | Posted: 30 Jun 2013 10:24
mobile_carrot:
What is the LSF policy on spanko fanfiction?

With regard to?

There is plenty of fan fiction on the site, including various Harry Potter based stories... These are given a disclaimer stating that all characters are fictitious and that no profit is made from such work etc...

opb
Male Author

England
#3 | Posted: 30 Jun 2013 10:30
I've written some, one of which, Jeeves and the Cunning Plan even found its way into the Library.

I'll resubmit the others

Underling
Male Author

England
#4 | Posted: 30 Jun 2013 10:40
I rarely read fanfiction stories, but not because I have any kind of downer on them. I'm just often not familiar with the original work - for example, I've never read a Harry Potter book, nor seen a Harry Potter movie - and clearly to get the most out of the fan stories you need to be familiar with the source material.

I can definitely see the appeal, though. You have a ready-made cast of characters, so can get straight to the action without worrying about a lot of exposition, but you still have the challenge of retaining the truth of those characters - and fans will always be intrigued to see what you do with their favourite fantasy universe.

It can be a route to big things as well - I gather E L James started off writing Twilight fanfiction. Opinion is divided, of course, as to whether she should have stuck to it.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 30 Jun 2013 12:56
Underling:
I gather E L James started off writing Twilight fanfiction. Opinion is divided, of course, as to whether she should have stuck to it.

As I understand it, there's a question, based on the quality of her work, whether she should have been permitted to write (or at least have published) ANYthing. I have no first-hand knowledge though, nor do I intend to acquire it.

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 30 Jun 2013 13:11
njrick:
As I understand it, there's a question, based on the quality of her work, whether she should have been permitted to write

That is just what I was about to say, but you beat me to it, Rick. Apparently, enough people bought her books to make her a "popular" author and a wealthy woman though. There is just no explaining some people's taste.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 30 Jun 2013 13:16
I had an idea for a Mass Effect fanfic (its just too tempting; remove the "M" and you get a perfect spanking story title). Not sure if there's a single other person on this site who's familiar with the subject matter though, so perhaps not worth it?

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 30 Jun 2013 14:16
Well, I liked the Potter books and movies. Never especially appealing though for spanking fanfiction.
But in general I like it, if I liked the original show or movie.
May as well plug the one and only story in the category I wrote."Xena and Gabrielle Get Spanked." Know there is some Buffy spanking material around and would be a favorite. Also Charmed, Veronica Mars,Sweet Valley High, Dawsons Creek, Desperate Housewives, to name a few. Of course Weeds actually had a spanking.
And most of all Baywatch. I have mentioned from time to time what a pity it was that show never had any spankings in it, with all the bratty beach bunnies parading around in their floss bikinis.
Way I see it spanking fanfiction has the same appeal that concocting fantasy spanking of celebrities does.

dund93
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 30 Jun 2013 14:31
I must admit I can't see past edb for celebrity spanking stories. I've lost count of the number of times I've read his 'Hanky Spanky At GMTV' series.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#10 | Posted: 30 Jun 2013 15:15
I've done a couple of things I guess you could say were fan fiction, except that in my case what I did was to take the original and rewrite it completely, retaining some of the famous lines or plot elements. I found that this had much better opportunity to make it entertaining as opposed to creating a new story using a pre-made set of characters, settings and back story.

As for EL James, yeah, the writing is silly. And I fear Hollywood is going to make it worse. Here is the message promulgated by 50SOG: BDSM is abusive and only damaged people practice it. True love requires being cured of the need to engage in such practices. In the end Christian and Anastasia are in a "healthy" relationship because he has changed and no longer needs to be a "dom" and she no longer has to be his "sub".
So there you have it folks--we're all "sick" and need to be "cured". Coming soon to a theater near you. Watch for it.

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 8
BenFugger, davenhall, Derrick30, taxman351, warthur, WilliamAllen
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9