LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

story suggestion: Dambusters...

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3
barretthunter
Male Author

England
#21 | Posted: 18 May 2013 15:37
I agree the Dambusters Raid is best left to the historians. As for "Allo, allo!" it wasn't exactly my cup of tea (a bit too slapstick) but it wasn't making fun of the French any more than the Germans, the British or (on the basis of one ridiculous officer) the Italians. The policeman was after all a British flyer masquerading as a French policeman and getting his French ludicrously wrong. I agree of course that to belong to the French Resistance (the Maquis or northern or urban groups) was extremely brave and dangerous. But of course if you take it fairly realistically, the comical policeman as an RAF officer would have had prospects of a very short life and the ludicrous if human German army officers might soon have found themselves on the Russian front.

It's interesting that this show was being considered a while back for German TV: I don't know if they went ahead.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#22 | Posted: 18 May 2013 21:18
smeple:
I'm sure some have already been written here. (I recall Crimson Kid wrote a challenge story about soldiers being severely spanked - in the afterlife, I believe - for actions committed during the war. I don't recall which war, or what the name of the story. But it was very serious, and very well written, and completely appropriate).

"Expiation," it was titled, and it was a touch on the dark, somber side, although it also had a "Twilight Zone"-type supernatural aspect--however, the main idea was intended to be the horror/inhumanity of warfare, in its case World War II on the eastern front.

I've written a number of short World War II-related spanking stories (even one RE complicity in abbetting mass murder), but I've never written a light-hearted one, which it struck me that the original post here could've been suggesting.

The television program "Hogan's Heroes" was supposedly based on the late-1940s motion picture "Stalag Seventeen," which had a couple comical scenes but was basically a serious melodrama set in a German POW camp during World War II. Another post mentioned "F Troop," which aired at about the same time as "Hogan's Heroes," and one could argue that it included humorous material about the mistreatment of American Indians in the west of the late 1800s, in fact occasionally it seemed to be mocking Indian culture. (Of course, it also mocked the U.S. Cavalry.)

In the '60s motion picture "The Producers," the protagonists produce a broadway play called "Springtime for Hitler," which takes a satirically humorous view of the Third Reich--it's intended to fail badly, due to intentionally offending the public, but instead becomes extremely popular.

I'll agree that virtually no subject should be considered point-blank 'off-limits' for the writing of a spanking-related story, but in many cases the tone of the work would be quite critical to its tastefulness... --C.K.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#23 | Posted: 19 May 2013 06:40
I had totally forgotten about "The Producers". That movie was hilarious and the very idea of "Springtime for Hitler" was off the charts. Of course, turning it into a musical comedy took a lot of the sting off the whole WWII thing and Dick Shawn's improv as a fey, flamboyant Hitler sealed the deal. Kind of makes you wonder if such a show could actually succeed as a comedy on Broadway, given the subject matter. After all, "Dexter" a show about a "good" serial killer is a hit, the Sopranos was a great success and "Breaking Bad" a show about a ruthless drug lord (who also loves his family) is possibly the best show on TV at the moment.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#24 | Posted: 19 May 2013 06:59
On the other hand, I think that there's nothing wrong about making jokes about anything.

A few years ago someone collected a volume of Holocaust humour. No, not jokes about the Holocaust but the jokes told in the concentration camps. For example:
Two Jews are about to enter the gas chamber in Auschwitz. One of them turns to the S.S. guard to make a last request for a glass of water. "Shah, Moshe," says the friend, "Don't make trouble."

That was taken from http://udini.proquest.com/view/the-paradox-of-holocaust-humor-pqid:2443952171/
which references "Laughter in Hell" - Steve Lipman's landmark study of humor during the Holocaust.

Name any conflict from the Crimea (Florance Nightingale might have needed a red bottom) to the current conflicts in the world and I'll tell you that it could use a lighthearted spoof. Especially a spanking spoof.

And yes, I do have relatives who I never had a chance to meet because they won posthumous metals. More recent family loses includes a cousin (who was really a first cousin once removed, not that it matters much). And with that, I still say that we need all the laughter we can get in the world.

Goodgulf

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#25 | Posted: 19 May 2013 07:52
I agree. NOTHING should be off-limits, with the proviso that everyone is also entitled to be sensitive about certain subjects (we all have "sore spots", cultural, religious, etc.).

Another joke that supposedly made the rounds at some concentration camps and even Auschwitz/Birkenau: Hitler is consulting with his astrologer.
"What will the future bring?" he says. The astrologer consults his charts and makes some calculations.
"I'm sorry, Mein Fuhrer, but it doesn't look good."
"Why? What do you mean?" queries the Fuhrer.
"It looks like you will die soon, Mein Fuhrer," says the trembling astrologer.
"Die? Die? How? WHEN?!" rages Hitler
"On a Jewish holiday, Mein Fuhrer," ventures the man.
"A Jewish holiday? WHAT Jewish holiday!" demands Hitler.
"Well, Mein Fuhrer, [i]any[i] day you die will be a Jewish holiday"...

Page  Page 3 of 3: «« 1 2 3

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 6
ogard, oxford, snowyowl779
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9